News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm getting both. The obvious reason in making these is to recreate the Indominus VS Anky battle and they do already have an Indominus Rex ( their first release ) you can use.

Loon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 03, 2020, 02:09:05 PM
I'm getting both. The obvious reason in making these is to recreate the Indominus VS Anky battle and they do already have an Indominus Rex ( their first release ) you can use.

Oh, I know. Mine should be getting here soon, hopefully. I meant an Indominus in more of a battle pose.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Loon on May 03, 2020, 07:59:11 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 03, 2020, 02:09:05 PM

Oh, I know. Mine should be getting here soon, hopefully. I meant an Indominus in more of a battle pose.

looks kinda like it's dying so it looks like the current one could work. they might make a new one though eventually. 

that downed anky could also be wallowing in mud/water.

Loon

New Apatosaurus pics! Wow, they look beautiful!

Shonisaurus

Wow!!!!!!! Those two Nanmu apatosaurus look magnificent, I suppose it will cost a fortune to acquire them in an online store, but honestly they are very well made, their two versions of painting are great. Those apatosaurus are worthy of any experienced collector as they have the same level of quality at first glance as a resin figure.

That is not a toy in my honest opinion it is a quality collectible figure.

Halzk

Quote from: Loon on May 05, 2020, 05:30:27 AM

Ngl the second version reminds me a lot of the one from Sideshow, I prefer it to the movie canon paint skin. Both look incredible still.

Over9K

Dan's Dinosaurs has put up a placeholder page for the Nanmu Apatosaurus, indicating an August release. The price is not yet set, and the pre-order is not yet open, but the page is up... won't be long before it is...

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/apatosaurus-by-nanmu/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on May 06, 2020, 03:55:34 AM
Dan's Dinosaurs has put up a placeholder page for the Nanmu Apatosaurus, indicating an August release. The price is not yet set, and the pre-order is not yet open, but the page is up... won't be long before it is...

lana says May 8th for the preorder.

SenSx

I received my Rebor Woodland Stegosaurus (still sealed) but in the end I'm still hesitant in sending it back for a refund and wait for the Nanmu one  out at the end of the year or in 2021, or keeping it.
I don't even know which one I like the most anymore, even if I'm mostly making a JP collection.
The Rebor is still close to it, and I like the vibrant colors, the Nanmu will probably be a lot less colorfull, probably closer to the Rebor Plain Stegosaurus
Also the Nanmu seems to have a smaller head like in JP, compare to the Rebor, maybe that's the bigger neck on the Rebor that gives that impression...
I don't need 2 of them, I also got the baby and I feel it fits better the Rebor of course.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Apato went up on ebay, 84.99 plus 20.00 for shipping.

Over9K

Apatosaurus pre-order is $83.99 + $16.95 shipping to the US at Dan's Dinosaurs...

PhilSauria

As I suspected - out of my price range, even if I did have the money at the moment! Disappointing.

Shonisaurus

Too expensive the Nanmu apatosaurus for me and the same can be said of the tyrannosaurus Alpha. This year I am not going to buy and many dinosaurs my economic situation does not allow me.

postsaurischian

In contrary to some other members' opinion I don't see Nanmu and W-Dragon on the same level.
I wanted the Apatosaurus when I first saw Nanmu's digital pictures, but in the end we have the same sloppy result as with their Carnotaurus (which also looked good when they first announced it). An we haven't even seen the real pictures yet.

W-Dragon's production processes must be far superior. Their final product Allosaurus looks exactly as on the 3D pictures of the very first announcement. That's why I pre-ordered the Giraffatitan. I'm sure I will get exactly what I see on the promo pictures.

Now Nanmu's Stegosaurus (scientifically incorrect or not) again looks good on these computer images, but I'm afraid the final product won't conform to them.

I want Nanmu's human scale figures, but they're too expensive ;D .

mgaguilar

Quote from: postsaurischian on May 09, 2020, 08:58:23 AM
In contrary to some other members' opinion I don't see Nanmu and W-Dragon on the same level.
I wanted the Apatosaurus when I first saw Nanmu's digital pictures, but in the end we have the same sloppy result as with their Carnotaurus (which also looked good when they first announced it). An we haven't even seen the real pictures yet.

W-Dragon's production processes must be far superior. Their final product Allosaurus looks exactly as on the 3D pictures of the very first announcement. That's why I pre-ordered the Giraffatitan. I'm sure I will get exactly what I see on the promo pictures.

Now Nanmu's Stegosaurus (scientifically incorrect or not) again looks good on these computer images, but I'm afraid the final product won't conform to them.

I want Nanmu's human scale figures, but they're too expensive ;D .

As someone who is a huge fan of W-Dragon, I can honestly say that their processes have gotten better, but the Spinosaurus was still desaturated and much less textural in comparison to their promo photos. In my opinion, Nanmu did a better job of recreating the same conditions of their promo figure. The first release from W-Dragon (the Buck rex) varied wildly from its original promo photos, and was very much a disappointment. Same can be said of Nanmu's Indoraptor, as its details were much more "smooth" than the promo photos showed. I'm hoping all of their new figures are faithful to their exhibition photos, which are usually exceptional.

JohannesB

I held out too long on pre-ordering the W-Dragon Giraffatitan and I missed the boat on that one, sadly :'( I just repainted my Tamiya Brachiosaurus instead, as a consolation, and it turned out lovely.

I pre-ordered the Nanmu Apatosaurus as kind of an impulse buy. I love sauropods, and this sauropod figure is something that ticked the boxes of size, scientific accuracy (kind of) and price range. Let's hope I won't regret it. I still think W-Dragon figures are superior (their latest 1/35 scale "Jurassic Park" Tyrannosaurus is just beautiful), although I can't be certain about that until I receive this, my first Nanmu figure..)

Over9K

Quote from: Failed archaeologist on May 09, 2020, 02:36:34 PM
I held out too long on pre-ordering the W-Dragon Giraffatitan and I missed the boat on that one, sadly :'( I just repainted my Tamiya Brachiosaurus instead, as a consolation, and it turned out lovely.

I pre-ordered the Nanmu Apatosaurus as kind of an impulse buy. I love sauropods, and this sauropod figure is something that ticked the boxes of size, scientific accuracy (kind of) and price range. Let's hope I won't regret it. I still think W-Dragon figures are superior (their latest 1/35 scale "Jurassic Park" Tyrannosaurus is just beautiful), although I can't be certain about that until I receive this, my first Nanmu figure..)

You can still get the W-Dragon Giraffatitan, from Dan's Dinosaurs.

http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/giraffatitan-by-w-dragon/

tanystropheus

Are the W-Dragons a one-time deal? I am probably going to wait a few years before I start a W-Dragon or Nanmu collection. I am being to lose interest in the Mattel (I blame the pandemic).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 10, 2020, 09:24:21 AM

Are the W-Dragons a one-time deal? I am probably going to wait a few years before I start a W-Dragon or Nanmu collection. I am being to lose interest in the Mattel (I blame the pandemic).

I think they meant the pre order and the pre order price?

JohannesB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on May 10, 2020, 04:25:44 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 10, 2020, 09:24:21 AM

I think they meant the pre order and the pre order price?

I did. I have a certain maximum price (including shipping) in mind for these kind/this size (and quality) of figures, and I don't want it to exceed that. I will certainly not be buying from the US (I live in Norway, and the shipping from Asia is lower).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: