News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenSx

Quote from: KeU on June 08, 2020, 01:39:06 PM
S @Syndicate Bias
Another one, this time it's Nanmu's turn.

Oh boy lol
They answered W-Dragon really fast !

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: KeU on June 08, 2020, 01:39:06 PM
S @Syndicate Bias
Another one, this time it's Nanmu's turn.

Oh my god it's all coming together now

Shonisaurus

That's a brutally beautiful and well-finished giganotosaurus, honestly if you get a giganotosaurus Nanmu Studio your tyrannosaurus rex is going to have to wait and maybe even Papo's giganotosaurus. I hope that giganotosaurus is worthy of a quality mark from Nanmu Studio.

KeU

Quote from: SenSx on June 08, 2020, 02:02:22 PM
Oh boy lol
They answered W-Dragon really fast !
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 08, 2020, 02:16:42 PM
Oh my god it's all coming together now
I think it is a Giganotosaurus. Nanmu has not confirmed.
Not sure what they based it off either.
Seems like a generic restoration.

Shonisaurus

Last year was the year of the spinosaurus, I get the impression that this year is going to be the year of the giganotosaurus by the various toy and collectible dinosaur brands.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Hmm..I'll wait and see the rest of it. I wasnt interested in Nanmu's Ceratosaurus much at all, I'm not even sure it's still planned. When they deviate from JP/JW things get a bit dicey. 

Not sure when they would release it either, I heard the Rex was pushed back to July, I still havent received my Mosasaur. Then they have the Apato after those, Raptors and Ankylosaurs ?

SenSx

I'm waiting for seeing the full picture of it.
It will have to be pretty damn good to equal or surpass the W-Dragon Giganotosaurus and make me regret preordering it.

KeU

This is the first non JW related creature from Nanmu? Or do they know something we don't about JW: Dominion?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on June 08, 2020, 05:10:20 PM
This is the first non JW related creature from Nanmu? Or do they know something we don't about JW: Dominion?

Their Ceratosaurus isn't JP/JW in design.

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 08, 2020, 05:15:07 PM

Neither is their Allosaurus. Believe it came out before.
But both still are Dinosaurs that showed up in JP / JW.
Giganotosaurus is not. At least for now.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: KeU on June 08, 2020, 05:38:30 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 08, 2020, 05:15:07 PM

Neither is their ALlosaurus. Believe it came out before.
But both still are Dinosaurs that showed up in JP / JW.
Giganotosaurus is not. At least for now.

The allosaurus is based off the Jurassic world game design.  The giganotosaurus is in a game as well a Facebook member posted so that's possible

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 08, 2020, 07:28:57 PM
The allosaurus is based off the Jurassic world game design.  The giganotosaurus is in a game as well a Facebook member posted so that's possible
Yeah, it might be based off the Jurassic World Evolution game. You may be referring to a different JW game. There are a bunch out there.

But I am seeing enough differences just based on the teaser.

I recall the Allosaurus in the game was based on the Fallen Kingdom juvenile.

The Nanmu Allosaurus was originally released before June 2018 right?
I might be wrong.

I was mainly referring to movie appearances. And secretly hoping of a JW Dominion appearance for the Giganotosarus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I have the pic saved some where in my desktop looks just like their model.  I'll look when I'm home .   

It's possible it's just an original design of theirs I haven't heard anything about a giganotosaurus in the film universe yet. But if universal continues the films I'm sure we'll see one.  I think they had one as a concept to replace the indominus Rex I saw in art way back when chasing a gyrosphere.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Takama

Sigh

And i was hopeing they would exahst all possible species from the films, before they venture into new ones. ::)

SenSx

Quote from: Takama on June 09, 2020, 05:55:32 AM
Sigh

And i was hopeing they would exahst all possible species from the films, before they venture into new ones. ::)

Yes I was hoping for that Baryonyx from JP Fallen Kingdom.
But maybe they can do a Suchomimus instead now ? Because bigger = better.

I hope that Ceratosaurus is still planned, I want it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

According to Julian Romeo, he said that Nanmu purchased a set of 3D files from SWS or Legacy, I'm forgetting which. But they might be limited to the files they purchased?  Not sure what all is in it but I liked the affordable JP/JW designs myself so hopefully they aren't done with those.  I'm ok with them doing their own thing but for some reason I'll probably be less inclined to pick those up.

KeU

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 09, 2020, 05:07:03 AM
Here it is

It's pretty close.
Looking back, the Nanmu Allo head design is shallower than I remembered.

Shonisaurus

I am looking forward to seeing that Nanmu giganotosaurus I think it will be a great figure and I hope it will far surpass all its theropods.

KeU

Some teasers on FB on the upcoming JP Rex.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: