News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darko2300

God, I hope these Rexes come out good. *fingers crossed*

mgaguilar

avatar_KeU @KeU I preordered at BBTS a little while ago so I am hyped for them to ship out soon!

Shonisaurus

In my case I will wait for the tyrannosaurus rex to be in stock to order it. I don't want the same thing that happened to me with the allosaurus and mosasaurus from Nanmu Studio to happen to me. Patience is a great virtue.

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 10, 2020, 06:30:58 PM
In my case I will wait for the tyrannosaurus rex to be in stock to order it. I don't want the same thing that happened to me with the allosaurus and mosasaurus from Nanmu Studio to happen to me. Patience is a great virtue.
What happened?
Quote from: mgaguilar on June 10, 2020, 05:45:21 PM
I preordered at BBTS a little while ago so I am hyped for them to ship out soon!
Big thumbs up. Their pricing on the Nanmu Rex is competitive and shipping rates are low.

Shonisaurus

avatar_KeU @KeU As the packages were lost due to the pandemic, I had to open two disputes, one for the original allosaurus from Nanmu Studio and the other for the mosasaurus from Nanmu Studio, the store returned my money and I had to reorder the items since the packages they were lost. Now I prefer to order the Nanmu, iToy or PNSO figures when they are in stock and not preorder to avoid packages being lost.

KeU

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 10, 2020, 08:48:06 PM
As the packages were lost due to the pandemic, I had to open two disputes, one for the original allosaurus from Nanmu Studio and the other for the mosasaurus from Nanmu Studio, the store returned my money and I had to reorder the items since the packages they were lost. Now I prefer to order the Nanmu, iToy or PNSO figures when they are in stock and not preorder to avoid packages being lost.
I am sorry to hear that.
Glad that they at least refunded you.

Over9K

Some pictures surfaced on Facebook, showing the Nanmu Mosasaurus cut in half, revealing that the body section is hollow, and OMG people are FUH-REEKING out about it.

People are saying this indicates Nanmu is "lying" to collectors, some are claiming this indicates Nanmu figures are low quality, and at least one seems to think that the photos show that Nanmu is making the Mosasaurus out of "recycled PVC pipe"...  ::)

Personally, I expected part of this one to be hollow. Can you imagine the weight if it were solid the whole way through? The shipping cost would be insane! Nanmu probably wouldn't be able to sell it at the same price as figures half its size either...

Loon

Wasn't it confirmed to be hollow some time ago? Also, I don't see how using a recycled material to make figures, given the state of things, would be a bad thing.

Takama

Quote from: Loon on June 15, 2020, 02:03:04 AM
Wasn't it confirmed to be hollow some time ago? Also, I don't see how using a recycled material to make figures, given the state of things, would be a bad thing.

Yes

Lanna time shop on Instagram said it would be Hollow PVC vynil.

Over9K

Quote from: Loon on June 15, 2020, 02:03:04 AM

Recycled materials, sure... this guy is actually saying the body is a section of reclaimed PVC pipe.

Takama

I wonder how mad people will be when they see that the Apatosaurus is no diffrent.

Carnoking

I don't particularly care about the material of models, and I certainly don't see vinyl as bad. Look at larger PNSO models for example. Those things are great, and they're not solid by any means. What I do care about is the outward appearance, and when it comes to this mosasaurus, that paint job is incredibly underwhelming on an otherwise lovely sculpt. I think there are worse things to be upset about with this one. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ugh, mob mentality.  Not surprised and I don't really care.  Most figures/statues/ect are hollow in some part now if not entirely.

Justin_

Quote from: Over9K on June 15, 2020, 02:12:23 AM
... this guy is actually saying the body is a section of reclaimed PVC pipe.

Reclaimed PVC pipe! Is there any more information on this bizarre theory? I thought at first they were simply suggesting PVC piping is melted down and being used in a mold instead of fresh PVC, but do they think lengths of pipe are somehow being pressed and tooled into the final figures?

If they are saying the sculpting was done on an armature that used a section of PVC pipe, what's the problem?

Takama

GUYS I would take the complaints of these whining fans with a grain of salt. ::)

The PVC pipe thing was just an observation. I doubt thats litterly what its made of.

Over9K

Quote from: Justin_ on June 17, 2020, 10:44:14 AM
Quote from: Over9K on June 15, 2020, 02:12:23 AM
... this guy is actually saying the body is a section of reclaimed PVC pipe.

Reclaimed PVC pipe! Is there any more information on this bizarre theory? I thought at first they were simply suggesting PVC piping is melted down and being used in a mold instead of fresh PVC, but do they think lengths of pipe are somehow being pressed and tooled into the final figures?

If they are saying the sculpting was done on an armature that used a section of PVC pipe, what's the problem?

That particular FB user deleted his posts from that thread, actually.

I'm just a bit taken aback by the few that are saying they've canceled pre-orders of the Apatosaurus, after finding out it's hollow, and they're now suspicious of their Rebor, W-Dragon and Nanmu theropods of being hollow as well, as if being hollow would somehow the perceived quality of these figures they apparently loved until now, thinking (erroneously) that they're hollow!

Syndicate Bias

ugh now I don't even want that Nanmu Giga knowing full well it's made with a pvc pipe >:(

Takama

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on June 18, 2020, 12:50:51 AM
ugh now I don't even want that Nanmu Giga knowing full well it's made with a pvc pipe >:(

Please tell me your jokeing?

Becaues i honestly think the PVC pipe thing is a load of unfossilized cropolites

Stegotyranno420

Theres a nanmu giga ?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on June 18, 2020, 01:04:44 AM

Please tell me your joking?

Because i honestly think the PVC pipe thing is a load of unfossilized cropolites

This is still being talked about? Good lord..

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: