News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Nanmu Studio - New for 2020

Started by Loon, December 05, 2019, 05:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

Quote from: Over9K on October 24, 2020, 09:57:52 AM
Quote from: Takama on September 21, 2020, 03:55:16 PM
Dans dinosaurs Does not actually have the models in his shop, he gets them from the manufacture itself in China, which can take 2 months or so to get to you once shipped.

BBTS has the models they claim to have in Stock,  in there wharehouse, and take only 3 days to get to you once shipped.

Having ordered through both, I have to say that it's a crap shoot as to which one will fulfill an order first. Yes, Dan's is a dropshipper and your Nanmu figures will ship from China, but they'll ship almost immediately upon the figures' release in Asia, where BBTS is GLACIALLY slow, and it's likely that they won't fulfill the order for several weeks, or even months, after the figures' Asian release.

For example, Dan'sDinosaurs has been shipping the Nanmu T. rex since July 4th... and BBTS hasn't even gotten their inventory yet.

Thats why i only buy what BBTS has IN STOCK in there store instead of Preordering anything

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on October 27, 2020, 12:07:13 AM
Quote from: Over9K on October 24, 2020, 09:57:52 AM
Quote from: Takama on September 21, 2020, 03:55:16 PM
Dans dinosaurs Does not actually have the models in his shop, he gets them from the manufacture itself in China, which can take 2 months or so to get to you once shipped.

BBTS has the models they claim to have in Stock,  in there wharehouse, and take only 3 days to get to you once shipped.

Having ordered through both, I have to say that it's a crap shoot as to which one will fulfill an order first. Yes, Dan's is a dropshipper and your Nanmu figures will ship from China, but they'll ship almost immediately upon the figures' release in Asia, where BBTS is GLACIALLY slow, and it's likely that they won't fulfill the order for several weeks, or even months, after the figures' Asian release.

For example, Dan'sDinosaurs has been shipping the Nanmu T. rex since July 4th... and BBTS hasn't even gotten their inventory yet.

Thats why i only buy what BBTS has IN STOCK in there store instead of Preordering anything

Doesn't make much sense since BTS will allow you to cancel an order with no penalty ( unless super high priced pieces ). If it's a popular item, then it may not stock til after they get enough to fill preorders.

Takama

Well The only thing i ever boght from them was the Nanmu Carnotarurus and it Shipped Pretty Damn Fast. Faster then what people seem to complain about from Dans Dinosaurs ::) . It may of helped that it was "IN STOCK"  at the time i ordered it, and not up for preorder like the T.rex or Apatosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Likely as not it was in stock from their U.S. store hence the speed. Dan doesn't stock them himself , he takes the order they ship from China.

My point being, if you preorder from either it can be faster from Dan, Lana, ect, because once the factory in China is ready to ship it heads to you.  At this same time BBTS probably gets their order shipped. Bigger packages take longer to find space on a shipment. So after you get yours from China maybe a week or so after a store may have stock come in.  Preordering itself only guarantees you will get a product you ordered eventually waiting for stock can be longer especially if the first shipment pre sold out.

Over9K

I will say that I'm currently tracking an order from Dan's Dinosaurs, that did NOT originate in China. The GR Toys/Musee Studio Spinosaurus shipped this week, and the tracking originated in Newport News, VA... and the tracking is live and updating with waypoints between VA and my home... not sure what's up with this, but I almost wonder if either Dan's DID have these shipped to them, and then shipped to me, OR did GR Toys/Musee ship US-bound product to a distributor, and Dan's is drop shipping from them... either way, the stock was in the USA before it shipped to me.

This isn't the first company to move from drop shipping from China to bulk shipping stock stateside and then distributing it, to avoid the shipping delays. I work with an embroidery company that does all their production in China, and pre-covid they'd ship product from China... my last few orders have shipped from "Orange CSX Box #2118, CSX Yard" somewhere in New Jersey. They have rented a shipping container, on a rail stock yard, and they've been bulk shipping stuff over on whatever flights they can find, or chartering planes themselves, and packing the stock into these containers sitting in these rail yards, and shipping from there, so it's cost effective for them, and they can avoid the 2 month shipping speed pissing off their clients.

I would not be surprised to see more Chinese produced stuff to be shipped and stored this way...

blnadal

Ok, I'm trying to get an answer of toysundercover (ebay store) about Indominus Rex teeth and I think it's impossible
Did anyone bought anything from them? I want the version with translucent teeth and their price is the best for now
Thx

blnadal

Could anyone take a photo of Indominus next to T-Rex? I need a size comparison

Over9K

lanatimeshop on Facebook....

"The second color scheme of Nanmu 1/35 Giganotosaurus will be released soon (the first color scheme is shown in the second picture).
The design and production of Nanmu 1/35 Triceratops Heavy lance Prone Position are progressing."

Blade-of-the-Moon

sick trike is a must for the JP collector. I like the Giga but cant figure out what's up with the eye?

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on October 31, 2020, 05:17:26 AM
sick trike is a must for the JP collector. I like the Giga but cant figure out what's up with the eye?

I think it's a case of a misaligned eye decal. I've noticed that Nanmu appears to use decals, rather than paint for their eyes.

Shonisaurus

I don't think that the deviated eye is something Nanmu intended but it could also be that Nanmu emulates W-Dragon when making that giganotosaurus having the giganotosaurus from Dino Crisis as a source of inspiration.

SenSx

The eye looking up is probably intended.
It is less odd here:

https://es-la.facebook.com/250869032424800/photos/pcb.757043038474061/757042991807399/?type=3&__tn__=HH-R&eid=ARCf2x8Fr44jYP0-YOefRSAen2ZGCo_71I2FzTaWYgaVOQLiLjm6ImtKvp7tvcTAc1prLrNXM-yQQGpt

It will probably make more sense with the Giga's pose.
But yea I'm not a big fan of decals on figure, because sometimes they're screwed up.
My Nanmu Spino left eye seems to have a slight issue, it's eye slit on that side is very thin and not dark enough.

Anyway, the second Giga color scheme will probably be the green one since they teased the figure with this tone.
Disappointing, I would have hopped something more original rather than boring brown and green for T-Rex mimic.

KeU

Sigh. No hope for blue as a Carnegie tribute.

Shonisaurus

It is fantastic that Nanmu giganotosaurus I wish to have in my collection. In my case I am not interested in the dead or injured triceratops. The triceratops is a great figure, but being made of resin I don't have enough space to house it in a safe display case.

I plan to buy the two Nanmu giganotosaurus in the two color versions.

blnadal

Syndicate Bias

I thought so too tbh. Their sinoceratops and their Yangchuanosaurus among others are orange and green so it's pretty safe to assume the second Giga is gonna be green like their Carno, Yangchuanosaudus and Sinoceratops or Rex.

Over9K

LanaTimeShop on Facebook has released some more pics of the Ceratosaurus, in stock now... I notice the Green color seems to be ramping, with the head held at a higher angle of attack than the Red version...

SenSx

You're right, I did not notice.

The green one is nice and feels natural but a bit to classic for my taste.
I ordered the red one, more striking to me.

blnadal

I only want that shark to go with Mosasaurus

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: