News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2016, 04:40:33 PM

It's possible it's not called a Camarasaurus. I'd do searches with Brontosaurus and Apatosaurus too.

Indeed,...

I know the figure, better to say it's mold, I own a very similar one in blue and just way smaller (and I'm pretty sure it's got Brontosaurus print on it's belly but would need to have to check), but lots of companies release their figures in different sizes. Have a look here, second image on the site.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 14, 2016, 05:35:35 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2016, 04:40:33 PM

It's possible it's not called a Camarasaurus. I'd do searches with Brontosaurus and Apatosaurus too.

Indeed,...

I know the figure, better to say it's mold, I own a very similar one in blue and just way smaller (and I'm pretty sure it's got Brontosaurus print on it's belly but would need to have to check), but lots of companies release their figures in different sizes. Have a look here, second image on the site.
Thankyou both, yes i have continued my search. Its awesome indeed, got this one as a kid. Always kept it safe and sound. Yes i see the little one indeed. Also cool!
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

Silvanusaurus

I don't know what it is, but I need one! It's huge! Good luck with your investigation...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I hope you find out what it is..then we'll be able to find one ourselves! lol

The little one was UKRD right? They did make some different sized pieces..I'd almost bet this one was a huge copy of their smaller versions.  Some times you run into those.   Without trying to be nosy, you said it's old right? Do you have an approximate year?

Roselaar

I have this same model, except in a green colour variant. It's a definite UKRD knock-off (or possibly an actual UKRD product, considering their models came in different sizes). No identifying markings.

It's old alright, close to 20 years at least.

Fluffysaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on April 14, 2016, 08:20:51 PM
I have this same model, except in a green colour variant. It's a definite UKRD knock-off (or possibly an actual UKRD product, considering their models came in different sizes). No identifying markings.

It's old alright, close to 20 years at least.
Thankyou all, yes i am very fond of this model too. I remember when i got this, must be around 20 years ago indeed. I was so happy with it hahaha. It followed me everywhere i go in my old parents house.
My Fluffy is red.
My beaky is green.
I am the cutest Fluffysaurus you have ever seen!

LophoLeeVT

HEYYY i had asked also for this dino in my collections thread, but everyone ignored me.
ythanks for the answer but this sculpt i s very famous pose and i have the same dino in 3 sizes too.... so it is still a mystery i guess.
check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: raptor64870 on April 16, 2016, 02:30:53 PM
HEYYY i had asked also for this dino in my collections thread, but everyone ignored me.
ythanks for the answer but this sculpt i s very famous pose and i have the same dino in 3 sizes too.... so it is still a mystery i guess.

Dont feel too bad, this thread gets many more views than individual threads.  If you ever have a question like that just post it here bud.

docronnie

As promised, Halichores, here are the markings of the Planeta De Agostini Tyrannosuarus:

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Halichoeres

Thanks, docronnie! I was wondering if maybe the markings were very subtle and I had missed them, but they're quite prominent! It appears that mine are knockoffs, then. Interestingly, I think that might meant that at least some of the photos in Dinosauriana are also of knockoffs, since they are from the same source where I acquired my figures.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

docronnie

You're welcome Halichores! The texture of the plastic is also somewhat different. Both are hollow, but De Agostini has a harder plastic. Maybe next time I'll buy one knock off for comparison. 

I know Jetoar knows the collection better.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Lanthanotus

Hey folks, I need your help to indentify two figures....

the first I found on a photo by random internet search. I marked the guy I'm interested in and maybe someone even has a clos up of it?

The second arrived me with a package today. I deemed it a Kleinwelka Deinosuchus as the lot also included the small Kleinwelka Brachiosaurus and I just had seen blurry photos of it from above, but obviously, it's different from the Deinosuchus version I know. Now, what is it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

SBell

That first photo looks like a Linde Sphenacodon.

The colours can vary though.

Lanthanotus

Ah, thanks for that identification, SBell :)

Now for the croc ....

Blade-of-the-Moon

Might be one of those nest/dig sets by...Dino Horizons?

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Megalosaurus on May 04, 2016, 04:53:30 PM
Hello.

May you help me to identify the nest in this lot?
*snip*

It's one of those dig sets. I have the Stegosaurus one. Not really very accurate, but still nice

You can get them here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DINOSAUR-NEST-MAIASAURA-DIG-IT-OUT-EXCAVATION-KIT-/400309063305?hash=item5d34478e89:m:meIf_ZyHOZhXC_YmY6OubRw

SBell

Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 03, 2016, 08:38:32 PM

Now for the croc ....

I missed that! I believe that some Kleinwelka's were made in two sizes, so that could be it.

stoneage

Quote from: SBell on May 04, 2016, 10:56:45 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on May 03, 2016, 08:38:32 PM

Now for the croc ....

I missed that! I believe that some Kleinwelka's were made in two sizes, so that could be it.

I believe the only Kleinwelka figures that comes in two sizes is the Brachiosaurus    You might check with Libraraptor because I believe he owns the whole set.

Megalosaurus

Thanks to Blade-of-the-Moon and Tyrantqueen.
I wasn't aware of the existence of those.
I'll check them out.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: