News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleona

Thanks for the ID, Roselaar and Archinto! They're definitely the "Dino Brites". Super nostalgic for me; I'll have to see if my parents held onto them. :)

fippsger87

Hello!

I am new to this forum and I need your help. :)

Back in the day when I was young I got one
of these tiny dinosaur figurines.

Do you know who produced it?

Thanks in advance!

Roselaar

Hi there, welcome!  :)

I don't recognize that particular figure, but the sculpt looks an awful lot like this Chinasaur Ankylosaurid:

I don't think that's a coincidence.

Victoria's Cantina

Seems like multiple companies ran these sculpts. I'm inclined to think that perhaps one factory was making them for multiple companies back in the day. I've seen them countless times in different color schemes. Some glow in the dark; some are more rigid while others are more rubbery.

Nanuqsaurus

I have an interesting case here! :P
This is not my figure, but from a Redditor from r/Dinosaurs. He is looking for the origin of this brass Tyrannosaurus figure, if it's a Tyrannosaurus at all. He doesn't know where the figure is from, but thinks it might be from a museum gift store. He got it when he was 6 years old, somewhere in the late '80s. I offered him to post the figure here, in the hopes that someone might know what it is and where it came from!

DinoLord

Looks like a brass cast of the Marx T. rex.

fippsger87

Hi there!

Thank you all for the quick responses. I do remember the brass t-rex too.
A friend of mine had it. It was part of the figure line my example is taken from.

I wonder if I am lucky and find them on eBay. Childhood memories. :)

Cheers...Fipps

Victoria's Cantina

Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me what this T-Rex is? I assumed it was Imperial but there is nothing on it to indicate that this is the case. All it says on the bottom is "Made in Hong Kong." I recently found it at my parents' home as it's one of my early childhood dinosaur toys. Thanks in advance.

Gwangi

Quote from: Victoria B on July 23, 2016, 06:56:31 AM
Hey everyone. Can anyone tell me what this T-Rex is? I assumed it was Imperial but there is nothing on it to indicate that this is the case. All it says on the bottom is "Made in Hong Kong." I recently found it at my parents' home as it's one of my early childhood dinosaur toys. Thanks in advance.

Dor Mei is the company. I had that T. rex growing up, wouldn't mind having another.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: Gwangi on July 23, 2016, 03:23:52 PM
Quote from: Victoria B on July 23, 2016, 06:56:31 AM

Dor Mei is the company. I had that T. rex growing up, wouldn't mind having another.

Thank you!

Gwangi

I tried to get this toy identified several years ago with no luck. Maybe this time we'll get lucky? I have no clue who made this toy, the only thing it says on it is "Made in China".

docronnie

Is it hollow or solid? If it's hollow, maybe it's a Chinasaur and can be found in the link I provided here before.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Gwangi

CarnegieCollector

Sorry for the lack of a better photo. Someone on Facebook posted this and i really like the parasaurolophus. Anyone know the brand?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/217092875144407/permalink/539435952910096/

Thanks! ^-^
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Libraraptor

Quote from: CarnegieCollector on July 28, 2016, 08:04:02 AM
Sorry for the lack of a better photo. Someone on Facebook posted this and i really like the parasaurolophus. Anyone know the brand?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/217092875144407/permalink/539435952910096/

Thanks! ^-^

It resembles the U.K.R.D. Parasaurolophus a lot, especially the cheeks and the muzzle, but the sail spun between the crest and the neck is irritating.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Roselaar on July 19, 2016, 09:41:59 PM
Hi there, welcome!  :)

I don't recognize that particular figure, but the sculpt looks an awful lot like this Chinasaur Ankylosaurid:

I don't think that's a coincidence.

Yeah, but looking at the pick it seems to be much smaller. I guess it´s a copy of a copy of a copy...

FlawedCoil82

Ok I am too stupid for this forum. :( I am trying to post pictures of the TRex I have that goes along with the Triceratops that Gwangi posted, but I can not figure out how to attach the photos from my tablet into the post. Usually on other forums there is a paperclip icon. I am not seeing anything like that, just the picture icon that wants me to to directly link to a website that would have pictures. How do I upload/attach pictures directly from my tablet into the post?

Jose S.M.

Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on August 02, 2016, 02:08:17 AM
Ok I am too stupid for this forum. :( I am trying to post pictures of the TRex I have that goes along with the Triceratops that Gwangi posted, but I can not figure out how to attach the photos from my tablet into the post. Usually on other forums there is a paperclip icon. I am not seeing anything like that, just the picture icon that wants me to to directly link to a website that would have pictures. How do I upload/attach pictures directly from my tablet into the post?

HI! You can see this post to get the instructions needed to post pictures http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

FlawedCoil82

Quote from: Joe289 on August 02, 2016, 05:22:13 AM

HI! You can see this post to get the instructions needed to post pictures http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

Thank you for posting that. So it looks like my only option is to make an account with a photo sharing website and upload them there first and then link to them here?  :-\

Gwangi, if you want, just PM me your email address and I can email them to you instead. I think that would be easiest.

Halichoeres

Quote from: FlawedCoil82 on August 02, 2016, 06:33:35 AM
Quote from: Joe289 on August 02, 2016, 05:22:13 AM

Thank you for posting that. So it looks like my only option is to make an account with a photo sharing website and upload them there first and then link to them here?  :-\

Gwangi, if you want, just PM me your email address and I can email them to you instead. I think that would be easiest.

For what it's worth, if you have an account with either Google or Yahoo, you already have a photo-hosting account (Picasa or Flickr, respectively).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: