News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnotaurus

Quote from: sauroid on September 10, 2016, 03:53:17 AM
as it says on the belly, the brand is U.K.R.D. from China

So obvious ... i should google it first XD thanks!!!

Dilopho

Quote from: Carnotaurus on September 10, 2016, 03:02:33 AM
[/URL]
does anyone knows if it is from certain line or brand?
Aww, I really like that little guy! In case you're wondering, he has some little buddies too, I have two of them on my desk right now!

pako

Hi guys,

Could you help me identify those dinosaurs please, at least the brand if there is one, only thing I can see on them is a number.

Thanks a lot !!

Dilopho

Quote from: pako on September 11, 2016, 09:32:42 PM
Hi guys,

Could you help me identify those dinosaurs please, at least the brand if there is one, only thing I can see on them is a number.

Thanks a lot !!
I know the Styraco is a waiphoon. The ceratosaurus is a commonly used mold, you'll find it everywhere. The ankylosaur is a common mold too. But the others, I have no idea but they look beautiful.  :o

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 10, 2016, 10:34:00 AM
[/URL]
Aww, I really like that little guy! In case you're wondering, he has some little buddies too, I have two of them on my desk right now!

Those looks like UKRD figures from the 1990's

Bokisaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 11, 2016, 09:54:46 PM
Quote from: pako on September 11, 2016, 09:32:42 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot !!
I know the Styraco is a waiphoon. The ceratosaurus is a commonly used mold, you'll find it everywhere. The ankylosaur is a common mold too. But the others, I have no idea but they look beautiful.  :o

I think they are all Waiphoon figures. I have both the styraco ( great figure) and marine reptile. There is a also a Camarasaurus based on the Kaiyodo that was released.

pako

Yes they are ! Thank you guys !!

They look nice, any idea of their value ? If they are common maybe not much, I might keep them.

Flaffy

That liopleurodon design was definitely from Kaiyodo :P

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on September 12, 2016, 09:29:22 AM
That liopleurodon design was definitely from Kaiyodo :P

I have that Liopleurodon too! I used it as repaint practice but never finished it, it looks horrible now! :P

Dilopho

I love these figures. They were some of my first dinosaurs.

Libraraptor

The Waiphoon Ornitholestes and the Styracosaurus are more than decent, they´re even good.
I like their Rhamphorhynchus, too.
The other ones, well...no.
It seems, however, that there are two Liopleurodon versions? The one from pako´s first picture doesn´t resemble the Kaiyodo style one in his second one.

DC

Waiphoon copied many Kaiyodo figures.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

DC

Quote from: Dilopho on September 10, 2016, 10:34:00 AM
[/URL]

These UKRD were sold by the Boely company, the figures are a little different from the other UKRD groups, Iguanodon is only in tis group.  I seem to recall they were advertised as museum quality about the time the first JP movie came out.  Nice little set for their time.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

sauroid

those old UKRD are comparable to the early Carnegie (late 80s-early 90s) in terms of quality
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Megalosaurus

Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Dilopho

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 14, 2016, 07:07:44 PM
What is this Dinoriders-like blue triceratops?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/huge-DINOSAUR-figure-lot-22-FIGURES-safari-ltd-JURASSIC-PARK-more-/302071339699?hash=item4654dadab3:g:kOwAAOSwFe5XxhFX
It is a very, very old Chap Mei figure from before they made dinosaurs that are more up-to-date! Which is why it has armour too!

Dilopho

Quote from: sauroid on September 13, 2016, 02:43:02 AM
those old UKRD are comparable to the early Carnegie (late 80s-early 90s) in terms of quality
I completely agree!

Megalosaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 14, 2016, 07:19:33 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 14, 2016, 07:07:44 PM
What is this Dinoriders-like blue triceratops?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/huge-DINOSAUR-figure-lot-22-FIGURES-safari-ltd-JURASSIC-PARK-more-/302071339699?hash=item4654dadab3:g:kOwAAOSwFe5XxhFX
It is a very, very old Chap Mei figure from before they made dinosaurs that are more up-to-date! Which is why it has armour too!

Thank you very much. I have never seen it before.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

CityRaptor

Well, actually it has the armor because they recycled their Dinosaurs for their fantasy line.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Archinto

I found these Jurassic World minis and can't figure out what set or game they came from, or if they were cake toppers or something like that. Anyone have an idea? They say TM & c Uni made in Shantou, China on the base bottoms.

Jurassic World Miniatures by Archinto, on Flickr
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: