News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Does anyone know the species and producer of the red nodosaurid Dinosaur?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Dinosaurier-/272418472544?hash=item3f6d680260:g:RM4AAOSwpLNYBmLU
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Can anyone help me figure out if this T. rex from ebay is a real Collecta?
I have included some images. BUT FIRST I have to clear something up: There are TWO differnt versions of this figure, not just in colours, but in molds.
MOLD 1:

- Scales everywhere
- No nostrils
- Bad sculpted teeth
- Tail dragger
- This version has also been green.

MOLD 2:

- Not super scaley
- Better, individual teeth
-Sharper claws
- Lifted tail

NOW, this is mine. Is this real? It is MOLD 1.

It appears to be painted over or maybe just melted a bit, but all the words are still there, just very hard to read. This is on the belly.

Jose S.M.

I've seen very similar Collecta Tyrannosaurus on amazon. both molds. On the Amazon pictures, the belly of mold one it still has Procon marked, but I think they are Procon/CollectA

Dilopho

Quote from: Joe289 on October 28, 2016, 06:28:38 PM
I've seen very similar Collecta Tyrannosaurus on amazon. both molds. On the Amazon pictures, the belly of mold one it still has Procon marked, but I think they are Procon/CollectA
They are from 2007 so they do have Procon on them.

Roselaar

My brown Collecta Rex has 'Collecta 2009' stamped on its tail rather than the belly. But since the figure is originally older than that, it's a reissue, which means the one above might still be real.

Takama

Both models are real.

The Tail Dragger was The first ever T.Rex made by CollectA back in 2007.

in 2009 they retired it and replaced it with a brand new sculpt.

But in 2012, they brought the old one back and repainted in green

hope this helps

Dilopho

Quote from: Takama on October 28, 2016, 11:39:36 PM
Both models are real.

The Tail Dragger was The first ever T.Rex made by CollectA back in 2007.

in 2009 they retired it and replaced it with a brand new sculpt.

But in 2012, they brought the old one back and repainted in green

hope this helps
It does help a bit!

But to clear up, my question is whether my model is a real Collecta. I can barely make out the text on the belly:

TYRANNOSAURUS REX
CE  © 2006 PROCON
      MADE IN CHINA

docronnie

It is, figures in the early years were marked Procon.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Flaffy

I found this while wondering around TaoBao, can someone identify this diictodon/Inostrancevia hybrid like figure?

sauroid

what is that "ceratopsian" suppose to be? Pachyrhinosaurus? they look nice-ish tho. (the "therizinosaurus" has the bullyland theri pose with a raptor sickle claw LMAO).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

That's actually a half decent set (for what they are).

Halichoeres

The Kentrosaurus and the Velociraptor (I think it's a Velociraptor, the one with the pale blue feathers) are in some sets distributed by Lontic and Tedco. I haven't seen that monster dicynodont before, but now I kind of want it. It's got a pretty long head, maybe something like Australobarbarus?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

that set is kinda cool! I like the ceolophysis looking dino and the Permian-esque reptile.

Halichoeres

This page (https://world.taobao.com/item/45473870082.htm?fromSite=main) identifies the animals as:

Kentrosaurus
Coelophysis
Pachyrhinosaurus
Velociraptor
Dimorphodon

and Hyperodapedon! So I guess that's what they were aiming it. I kinda want one...
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

stargatedalek

https://world.taobao.com/item/43214403419.htm?id=43214403419&scm=1007.12006.46753.i520997581429&pvid=163abcc3-fcb1-455e-931e-e4c2146e92cf

Here are some more sets. Originality of many of these designs aside there are some genuinely interesting species choices among them.

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 03, 2016, 07:01:39 PM
This page (https://world.taobao.com/item/45473870082.htm?fromSite=main) identifies the animals as:

Kentrosaurus
Coelophysis
Pachyrhinosaurus
Velociraptor
Dimorphodon

and Hyperodapedon! So I guess that's what they were aiming it. I kinda want one...

I take it that last one is a nice addition to the USL?  ;)

I kinda like some of these. I'll get them if I can find them.

Halichoeres

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 03, 2016, 07:23:50 PM
https://world.taobao.com/item/43214403419.htm?id=43214403419&scm=1007.12006.46753.i520997581429&pvid=163abcc3-fcb1-455e-931e-e4c2146e92cf

Here are some more sets. Originality of many of these designs aside there are some genuinely interesting species choices among them.

Yeah, there really are. And a few of them actually look pretty nice--I might go for the Coelophysis if the Safari one wasn't about to come out.

Quote from: Roselaar on November 03, 2016, 09:07:43 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 03, 2016, 07:01:39 PM

Kentrosaurus
Coelophysis
Pachyrhinosaurus
Velociraptor
Dimorphodon

I take it that last one is a nice addition to the USL?  ;)

I kinda like some of these. I'll get them if I can find them.

Unless you count Shapeways, or unless you count the Scaphonyx from Dawn of the Dinosaurs--it's now considered a synonym of Hyperodapedon. But almost certainly the first mass-produced toy sold under the name Hyperodapedon.

sauroid

they look nice but the articulation joins are very annoying to the eye.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: