News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 22, 2017, 09:32:57 AM
this

Thats it! Any idea on the company? And where did you get it?
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

no company/brand, just made in china. but this is one of the best chinasaur JP inspired raptors out there, almost as good as the old Papo one except for the paint job.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah i think that one was Maisto sp?  Came with a truck and a cage hauler.   I have a seaplane by the same company.

REQXY

Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone here would recognize this t-Rex and where I might be able to get my hands on one? Thank yah in advance!

Lanthanotus

It looks very much like a miniaturized copy of Schleich's Tyrannosaurus, just, their own versions of miniature T. rexes look much different, there's the one in your avatar, that one and appearantly that one (never seen this in person though).

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: REQXY on April 23, 2017, 10:21:15 PM
Hi everyone I was wondering if anyone here would recognize this t-Rex and where I might be able to get my hands on one? Thank yah in advance!

There is a bigger one of these, the Schleich golden T. rex. It's limited edition so you may be able to get one on Ebay or something.

Flaffy

I believe it is a Scleich ripoff eraser.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 23, 2017, 01:39:26 PM
no company/brand, just made in china. but this is one of the best chinasaur JP inspired raptors out there, almost as good as the old Papo one except for the paint job.

Any idea of where I can find one nowadays? I'm guessing its been retired for years now.
I am the Dinosaur King!

sauroid

ive had it for years so i dont know if they are still available. you might encounter one on ebay.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

stargatedalek

Thanks, I wasn't sure because some of the figures they have classified under "plastic" are made of more fragile plastics (but they aren't labelled PVC specifically).

Roselaar

Oh wow, that's a gorgeous Tapejara! :)

Halichoeres

They have a Psittacosaurus in what looks like the same style and material:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Psittacosaurus-Dinosaur-PVC-Solid-Figurine-Figure-Model/162489093347

If Monster House has them for $40 plus $15 shipping, I think it's a good bet that they'll be available elsewhere for half that much before long.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 24, 2017, 09:39:33 PM
They have a Psittacosaurus in what looks like the same style and material:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Psittacosaurus-Dinosaur-PVC-Solid-Figurine-Figure-Model/162489093347

If Monster House has them for $40 plus $15 shipping, I think it's a good bet that they'll be available elsewhere for half that much before long.

I guess I will wait then until one turns up more fairly priced....despite the inaccuracies it is a nice little model
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

SamsonDino/MonsterHouseHK wouldnt verify the "brand"/maker publicly on fb.

Silvanusaurus

A new company entering the fold?  I like the boldness and size of those figures...

stargatedalek

Unfortunately after shipping it comes to about $80 CDN, which is just a little bit to much for me. I really hope someone can identify this manufacturer and we can find them from another seller with more reasonable rates.

Halichoeres

Hope nobody went for it, because it's on Taobao from at least a dozen sellers. The cheapest I found was $15:

https://world.taobao.com/item/548431726169.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Vf0URg#detail

Also, besides the Psittacosaurus, they seem to have a Smilodon, a Tyrannosaurus, and some kind of mosasaur.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: sauroid on April 25, 2017, 07:48:25 AM
SamsonDino/MonsterHouseHK wouldnt verify the "brand"/maker publicly on fb.

I believe Samson Dino is the maker of the figures, as in he's making them himself.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: