News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 25, 2017, 11:47:17 PM
Hope nobody went for it, because it's on Taobao from at least a dozen sellers. The cheapest I found was $15:

https://world.taobao.com/item/548431726169.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Vf0URg#detail

Also, besides the Psittacosaurus, they seem to have a Smilodon, a Tyrannosaurus, and some kind of mosasaur.

I wish that mosasaur was a clickable link. I don't know how to locate it otherwise. I can't even tell what the company is.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

ZoPteryx

Hope nobody went for it, because it's on Taobao from at least a dozen sellers. The cheapest I found was $15:

https://world.taobao.com/item/548431726169.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Vf0URg#detail

Also, besides the Psittacosaurus, they seem to have a Smilodon, a Tyrannosaurus, and some kind of mosasaur.

I'm intrigued!  Certainly not the most accurate, but not too bad.  The Tapejara's hindlimbs look a little funky, though, maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

RobinGoodfellow

..same old story: price on Taobao is lower but you need to find a trusty Taobao agent (who asks for his fee) buying the item to ship overseas; then you have to pray that nothing goes wrong...
I strongly prefer to pay a little more avoiding problems.
Just my opinion.
:)

stargatedalek

$80 (CDN) as opposed to $20 is not a little more.

Sorry for being indignant, but Monster House is just shameful. They are everything that's wrong with eBay.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 26, 2017, 05:55:23 PM
$80 (CDN) as opposed to $20 is not a little more.

Sorry for being indignant, but Monster House is just shameful. They are everything that's wrong with eBay.

Taobao price is 16usd.
A Taobao agent that usually works with my Country asks 15% fee (=18,4usd)
Shipping price from seller to agent 5 usd (=23.4usd)
International shipping price to my Country 15usd (=38,4 usd) + Customs Tax (22%) = 47usd

MonsterHouse price by website (without Ebay fee)= 35 usd + shipping (15usd) = 50 usd all included.
The difference is 3 usd.

Taobao agent = last order received after 1 month and an half + Customs problems (shipment from China with wrong documentation)
MH HK = last order received after 1 week from Hong Kong without problems.

I'm very happy about my 3usd overprice..  ;)
That's my point of view.
:)

postsaurischian

... argued convincingly :).

I know that Monster House HK usually is more expensive than average, but in this case it's okay.

Invicta Hunter

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 26, 2017, 04:04:50 AM

I wish that mosasaur was a clickable link. I don't know how to locate it otherwise. I can't even tell what the company is.

Here's a link for the mosasaur.
https://world.taobao.com/item/543562797715.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.CoI7iD#detail

Silvanusaurus

Strange that the Psittacosaurus and Tapejara are sculpted in a much more realistic style than the others; the rex and Mosasaur remind me more of Recur.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BlueKrono

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on April 27, 2017, 12:15:44 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 26, 2017, 04:04:50 AM

Here's a link for the mosasaur.
https://world.taobao.com/item/543562797715.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.CoI7iD#detail

Thank you!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Quote from: stargatedalek on April 24, 2017, 07:47:11 PM
Thanks, I wasn't sure because some of the figures they have classified under "plastic" are made of more fragile plastics (but they aren't labelled PVC specifically).

I just ordered that store and I think I will not be disappointed is a wonderful figure and well finished and makes a very good pair with the Safari. In fact I have already bought in it on other occasions satisfactorily. For eBay the payment is insured in case it does not arrive or be held in customs so I am calm. The truth and truth that this figure belongs to an unknown company.

Roselaar

See picture:

Can someone ID for me:

- The weird large Triceratops on the right
- The rubber green Saltasaurus next to it
- The green/yellow Velociraptor on the left
- The Safari Trike knock-off behind it
- The name of the black Gojira like Kaiju?

Thanks! :)

Jetoar

Quote from: Roselaar on May 02, 2017, 08:36:25 PM
See picture:

Can someone ID for me:

- The weird large Triceratops on the right
- The rubber green Saltasaurus next to it
- The green/yellow Velociraptor on the left
- The Safari Trike knock-off behind it
- The name of the black Gojira like Kaiju?

Thanks! :)

Hi Roselar

Safari trike is from fliying tiger shops and you can finde the old gorgosaurus too. Black gorilla kaiju is think it is from Ultraman tv show and the great tricratops is from a set that came with a pterandon a red tyrannosaurus  and several humans
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Roselaar

Thanks, that helps. Got any pictures of that set the Trike came in?

Bertensgrad

I'm sorry I,m totally new to this forum. I collect vintage toys in general and got a bunch of minature dinosaurs at a local goodwill in a large grab bag because I could tell atleast some were vintage. I ended up doing extremely well for $1.50 for about 3 lbs of vintage minature dinosaurs. I identified most of them already, lido, marx, palosh, diener etc. I got it because of knowing diener but all of them have been great so far. However I have one group that I cant id being new to this. They are small and rubber and the models are really good.

I would like to post a picture but aim not sure I can being a new member or wheter you guys mostly link to stuff hosted on imur like reddit does. Thanks for your help.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bertensgrad on May 04, 2017, 06:11:28 AM
I'm sorry I,m totally new to this forum. I collect vintage toys in general and got a bunch of minature dinosaurs at a local goodwill in a large grab bag because I could tell atleast some were vintage. I ended up doing extremely well for $1.50 for about 3 lbs of vintage minature dinosaurs. I identified most of them already, lido, marx, palosh, diener etc. I got it because of knowing diener but all of them have been great so far. However I have one group that I cant id being new to this. They are small and rubber and the models are really good.

I would like to post a picture but aim not sure I can being a new member or wheter you guys mostly link to stuff hosted on imur like reddit does. Thanks for your help.

Hi, and welcome! Here's a link to the instructions for posting images: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0
The forum doesn't currently host images, so you'll have to host them elsewhere (Photobucket, Imgur, etc.; I personally use Flickr). Looking forward to seeing some of your finds!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Bertensgrad

This is my unknow lot right now. If you guys cant guess it I can upload better photos tomorrow. It took too late tonight playing with them all. They are minis, softish rubber solid color and was found in with alot of 1970's-1980's toys.

Flaffy

Can anyone identify this little guy?

Halichoeres

Quote from: Bertensgrad on May 04, 2017, 07:09:46 AM

This is my unknow lot right now. If you guys cant guess it I can upload better photos tomorrow. It took too late tonight playing with them all. They are minis, softish rubber solid color and was found in with alot of 1970's-1980's toys.
I'm guessing that they each have their name and a 1 or 2 digit number imprinted on their bellies? I believe they're either Panini or someone using the same mold as Panini. They were sold as bin figures, and you can usually still get them for a dollar or less.

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on May 04, 2017, 11:22:51 AM
Can anyone identify this little guy?

Kabaya Dinoworld Lambeosaurus. It's roughly the same size as a Kaiyodo figure.

Bertensgrad

They are roughly the size of a quarter they do have their names on bottom. So most likely panini molds?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: