News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

Yes, that is the kleinwelka brachio. That one is the usual color.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

CityRaptor

Thanks!
In that case, I think I will bid on it. According to the description, it might end up as trash if nobody buys it...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 25, 2012, 09:52:30 PM
According to the description, it might end up as trash if nobody buys it...

The cruel ignorance of some people... Good luck bidding!

CityRaptor

Yeah, I wonder how many other rare/not common Dinosaurs fell victim to that.

Thanks! Will probably be a lot easier since it is not explicitely labeled as Kleinwelka.  ( Or Schleich for that matter. I swear, when people in Germany see Schleich Dinosaurs, they go all crazy about them, especially the Carnegie ones...)
Oh no

Libraraptor

Quote from: CityRaptor on August 25, 2012, 03:22:56 PM
Can someone identify that Brachiosaurus?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/2-x-Gutzilla-mit-Abendessen-/280949240950?pt=DE_Spielzeug_Action_Spielfiguren&hash=item4169e13476
I suspect that it is the brown variant of the Kleinwelka Brachio.

Sacrilege! That classify says, the three dinosaurs will land in thrash if noone buys them. Someone please rescue at least the Brachio please!

CityRaptor

Well, looks like someone bid before me.

Rejoice: Those three were sold to someone who probably knows thier worth!
Oh no

Bokisaurus

Anyone know who produced this giant T-rex skeleton? I saw similar ones, but they all have different base and also comes with metal rod to support the  upper half of the skeleton, which this one does not have. The instructions had no name at all and the seller don't know who made it either.

I'm not a big fan of skeletons, but this one looks cool and at $10, too good to pass ;D
Anyway, it's very well made and perfectly balanced on just a small base for the feet (no pegs at all!), which you have to sort of slide in a groove.
Take a peice off and the figure won't balance.

Came with 50+ pieces that were numbered, making it easier to assemble.

Completed, he stands 15" and 36" long, really huge! Here he dwarfs the Papo and collecTa rexes ;D

Here is a picture of the instructions

and a closer of the skull

Thanks for any info ;D

SBell

Those were made for Toys R Us about 4-5 years ago (since discontinued).  It's a good model.

brontodocus

Yes, it's part of the Edu Science line which was sold at Toys'r'us (even in Germany). Originally it was produced by Doyusha in Japan with a different box. I've bought the Doyusha version for a lot more than what it sold for at Toys'r'us. :-\

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Blackdanter

I got one of these last Xmas from the lady wife  ;)

Mine came boxed from Discovery Channel, repackaged by them the same as my Famemaster Triceratops and Velociraptor (the Velociraptor was a steal at less than half price last year). It's a nice big figure but mine arrived with the forearm section attached upside down, easily remedied though  ^-^

I prefer this one to the Geoworld one which is seriously overpriced  ;)

SBell

Quote from: Blackdanter on September 16, 2012, 10:58:07 AM
I got one of these last Xmas from the lady wife  ;)

Mine came boxed from Discovery Channel, repackaged by them the same as my Famemaster Triceratops and Velociraptor (the Velociraptor was a steal at less than half price last year). It's a nice big figure but mine arrived with the forearm section attached upside down, easily remedied though  ^-^

I prefer this one to the Geoworld one which is seriously overpriced  ;)

I have the Geoworld one at the T.rex Centre for decoration--or I would if it stayed together.  I'm not sure what's worse, the price or the terrible overall quality. This one is much better.

CityRaptor

Well, I got mine to stand, with some modfications like mounting the plate on a wooden plate and more wood pieces to hold the skeleton...
Oh no

Coke

Can anyone ID these? I got them when I was a kid in the 90s, but the only mark they have is "made in china" at the bottom of each figure.

I have to admit that I'm not sure what is the first dinosaur. Maybe a Chasmosaurus?

Ikessauro

I've got the first two, as far as i know they are Whaipoon (I'm not sure I'm spelling it right).

Libraraptor

Quote from: Ikessauro on September 17, 2012, 05:27:10 PM
I've got the first two, as far as i know they are Whaipoon (I'm not sure I'm spelling it right).

Waiphoon is right, I guess. Yes it´s a Chasmosaurus, sculpted after the famous Chasmosaurus model from the Royal Ontario Museum.
That Stego is chinasaur.

Coke

Quote from: Libraraptor on September 17, 2012, 07:42:36 PM

Waiphoon is right, I guess. Yes it´s a Chasmosaurus, sculpted after the famous Chasmosaurus model from the Royal Ontario Museum.
That Stego is chinasaur.

Thanks a lot, Ikessauro and Libraraptor! Yes, this is what I found searching Waiphoon:

Libraraptor

Quote from: Coke on September 17, 2012, 08:38:19 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on September 17, 2012, 07:42:36 PM

That Stego is chinasaur.

Thanks a lot, Ikessauro and Libraraptor! Yes, this is what I found searching Waiphoon:

You´re welcome! Although those Waiphoons are very close to chinasaur, they do have their charm.

tyrantqueen

I own the Waiphoon Camarasaurus, and the Styracosaurus. They're really good for chinasaurs.

I would really like to get their Liopleurodon and Stegosaurus though *cough*

Bokisaurus

Quote from: brontodocus on September 16, 2012, 08:26:31 AM
Yes, it's part of the Edu Science line which was sold at Toys'r'us (even in Germany). Originally it was produced by Doyusha in Japan with a different box. I've bought the Doyusha version for a lot more than what it sold for at Toys'r'us. :-\

Thanks for all the info everyone! It is a great model ;D

CityRaptor

Anyone knows something about these?
http://www.ebay.de/itm/330794965092
http://www.ebay.de/itm/271060869424

They are obviously not what the seller claims them to be.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: