News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UK

Grabbed these vintage rubber miniature figures from Japan. A truly unique little set.

Anyone able to help with identification?

UK

Any ideas as to these two figures manufacturer? Thanks

Szajmin

Hello

found something like that in store.
One of the figure looks like bootleg CollectA agustinia, so I don't want to buy it.
But the bird get me interested.

What species it is? Is it even a real animal? It has big teeth. What company do such a figure? 

stargatedalek

It's a bootleg Chap Mei bird, IIRC it's Gastornis. The teeth aren't realistic but at least they actually look more like geese "teeth" than just normal theropod teeth.

BlueKrono

Stargatedalek is absolutely right. It looks like the exact same mold. I'd be interested in it in this color though. Where did you see this for sale?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Szajmin

Thank you!
I found it in a polish bookstore that also sales toys.
https://www.swiatksiazki.pl/dinozaury-6245865-zabawki.html

I don't even know if you get those three or just three rondom toys, i saw different sets

Lanthanotus

Does anyone recognise this Triceratops? It is currently on ebay (US located, so shipping is a killer for me) and while it is a nice figure, it is not what it is described ... the Bullyland tag belongs to this Trike.

Libraraptor

Lanthanotus, that is simply the old Triceratops by Bullyland. With the tag of the new one.

Lanthanotus

Hmm, thanks, never seen that before and only know other old Bullyland Trike versions. Also checked toyanimal.info but couldn't find this there. Need to keep my eyes open for it :)

CityRaptor

There it is:
http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Bullyland_61370_Triceratops
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Lanthanotus

Thanks.... looks very different in those images than what I would have guessed from the ebay pic :/

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 05, 2017, 07:04:49 PM
Thanks.... looks very different in those images than what I would have guessed from the ebay pic :/

they came in different colors.  but which other versions do you mean.?

Lanthanotus

Didn't mean the color, though for sure that's different. With the angle that thing is shown in the image I linked I was under the impression the whole bulk and sculpt would look very different, but I compared some photos and this definetly is the figure you and CityRaptor identified.

but which other versions do you mean.?

Just those from the Mini Dinos Line and that one, no Museum Line for sure, though the Mini Dinos were sold in the Senckenberg back then.

Libraraptor

BrontoScorpio

I Saw these 3 Kaiyodo figures in Japan -
Due to my poor eye sight I can not recognize what dinosaurs are they specifically.
Can someone tell it from the picture ?
Thanks

Albertosaurus

I can see a stego and a styraco there,but don't know what the third one is. 1000¥ is a great price! Where did you find them? I'll be in japan for the next two weeks.

BrontoScorpio

I did not get it - someone else did.
I think the price was something like 6500Y.
Is it a 1:20 or 1:35 ?
Just wish to know what I missed.
Could the 3rd be an Apatosaurus ??

tyrantqueen

1 is the smaller Dinoland Tyrannosaurus (I cannot find any photos, but it was an older sculpt and was lifting one of its legs slightly off the ground) I think it was a 1/40 or something in that range

2 is the older Dinoland Stegosaurus sculpt. Photo here for ref (sorry, it's the only one I could find) https://s2.qwant.com/thumbr/0x0/6/a/16d34700eda9c15bc6732ccdc6ab72/b_1_q_0_p_0.jpg?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.donglutsdinosaurs.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F08%2FKaiyodo-Stegosaurus-1-700x1007.jpg&q=0&b=1&p=0&a=1

3 is the Kaiyodo Dinoland Styracosaurus. Here is a photo from own collection- https://s26.postimg.cc/ak4m13end/kaiyodostyraco_zps74ae8013.png 1/20 scale

I think the other photo is a T. rex and Stegosaurus again, but I am not sure of the other figure. The picture quality isn't so good.

BrontoScorpio

Thanks a lot, tyrantqueen  ,
and LOL for the Stego. photo ...

BrontoScorpio

Saw this Plesiosaur ( Elasmosaurus ? ) couple of times recently.
Any idea what brand is it and if it is nice to have ?
Thanks.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: