News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueKrono

The Chinese have been known to cast Chinasaurs in bronze. Though this one's resin you said... It doesn't by any chance have a "Made in ___" on the bottom, does it?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Quote from: PhilSauria on December 26, 2017, 03:57:39 AM
Picked up this mystery Diplodocus in a gift store in Akaroa, New Zealand on our recent trip there. Says Summit Collection on the tag, which identifies it as a Diplodocus. Quite heavy, probably resin but painted to look metalic (bronze?) and it's about the same size as the Bullyland and Invicta Apatosaurs.

This is Naturecraft "Best of Breed " Apatosaurus. Did a review of their Iguanodon on the  DTB. Just search Naturecraft and you will find it. Can't copy and paste the Link on my smartphone...

PhilSauria

Thanks for the input guys. Checked out the review and this one does seem to be from the same Naturecraft series. The store also had a Parasaurolophus & Brachiosaurus, neither of which I could afford or carry at the time! Always ready to add another Sauropod to the collection and this one appealed over the Brachio. The underside is felt with a sticker bearing the 'SC' logo and 'Arcadia CA' while a closer inspection of the base revealed the inscription "2006 Veronesa" as part of the mould... don't thinks it's a Chinosaur. I initially took it for an Apatosaur, admitedly old school, but the attached tag / booklet calls it a Diplodocus.

IrritatorRaji

Anyone know what these are prototypes of?

stargatedalek

Those are from Wild Republic, and they're from a painting set, definitely not prototypes.

Joey

Those aren't prototypes, those are actual products. It's a Wild Republic 'Paint and play' dinosaur set (Infact I actually have the same set as in the EBay listing)

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 26, 2017, 11:02:10 PM
Those are from Wild Republic, and they're from a painting set, definitely not prototypes.

Oh! Well, I guess that's EBay for you. Thanks for the heads up, just saved me a good amount of money.

IrritatorRaji

Anyone know what brand this is?

bmathison1972

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 26, 2017, 11:02:10 PM

I agree; they have a set of four 'paint-your-own' insects as well, which are models from their Polybag set.

littledino

found this really fat lookin' stegosaurus in a random video i clicked on and its absolutely adorable, all i could get was a screenshot but im hoping someone knows who makes it lol, id love to buy one

Halichoeres

Quote from: littledino on December 31, 2017, 06:22:21 AM
found this really fat lookin' stegosaurus in a random video i clicked on and its absolutely adorable, all i could get was a screenshot but im hoping someone knows who makes it lol, id love to buy one

That's the Stegosaurus from Safari's Carnegie Collection
http://dinotoyblog.com/2013/04/19/stegosaurus-carnegie-collection-by-safari-ltd/
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

Quote from: IrritatorRaji on December 30, 2017, 05:10:02 PM
Anyone know what brand this is?

i also have that Spino but it doesnt have any info whatosever (as i remember)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Libraraptor

Does anyone have an idea about these two Invicta-Style gauges (?) ?

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on January 01, 2018, 11:39:11 AM

I think I saw these before, but unfortunately I cannot give any more information :(

Does anyone know this one?

sauroid

does anyone know anything about these Japanese figures (i don't know exactly know the brand and the series and other details/info)?

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 07, 2018, 10:54:29 PM

I don't know who made it, but I believe I've seen it sold as a Scelidosaurus on eBay.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 07, 2018, 10:54:29 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on January 01, 2018, 11:39:11 AM

I think I saw these before, but unfortunately I cannot give any more information :(

Yes I even have one.  It says Scelidosaurus Made in China at the belly. I really like it.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: UK on November 12, 2017, 11:31:07 PM
Anyone have an idea who the manufacturer of this vintage Japanese figure is? Came as part of a number of colourful but quite ugly figures.

No idea, but I like it!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: dinotoyforum on October 29, 2017, 01:59:11 PM
Hi, I recently received these figures as part of a lot of random miniatures, from Germany:

The two on the left are part of the same set and their markings are similar:

The Allosaurus? is marked: "MADE IN CHINA B3"
The Corythosaurus? is marked "MADE IN CHINA B6"

The ankylosaur is marked "CHINA"

The Pachycephalosaurus is marked "CHINA (c) 1993 1 PACHYCEPHALOSAURUS CE"

The Velociraptor? has no markings but a distinctive style

Perhaps these are familiar to German collectors?

Just found out that the ankylosaur is the Wheetos cereal figure. e.g.:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Classic-highlighted-colored-Wheetos-dinosaur-set-/352247402150?hash=item520394cea6

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: