News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Identification thread

Started by Takama, March 17, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaastrichtianGuy

as you know some of the dinosaurs that you somewhat seen are made by FUL but i dont know what FUL stands for i dont know their website

SBell

Quote from: MaastrichtianGuy on April 21, 2015, 04:54:48 PM
as you know some of the dinosaurs that you somewhat seen are made by FUL but i dont know what FUL stands for i dont know their website

Their site is here, but their figures show up in all sorts of other sets.

http://www.fultoys.com/product2.php?selcat=4&category=Natural%20Animal%20Kingdom&subcat=Dinosaur%20Series

MaastrichtianGuy

So I went to their website and I know what FUL stands for it stands for Finewell Universal Ltd

Doug Watson

I am hoping someone here can help me identify the source of some mini JP figures that I have acquired over the years in toy lots. I know they are JP Lost World and JP III figures and I know two are made by Hasbro in 1997 but I would like to know if they are part of play sets or were carded figures. If anyone has a shot of the original packaging that they could share that would be appreciated. I have done searches here, on eBay, and on the net and I can't find anything, its amazing how little is out there on JP stuff since it is recent history. Please help!

The first group may be from the same set since they all have Site B, JP and a decimal number printed on them except for the juvenile T rex which only has Site B & JP. Th Stegosaurus and the adult T rex both have trademark and copyright as well as 97, Amblin and Hasbro embossed underneath but the others have nothing. I am particularly intrigued by the Triceratops & Stegosaurus since they are quite elegant and detailed, not like the usual crude stuff one sees in JP toys. If these are part of a play set I would love to know what dinosaurs I am missing and like I said I would love to see the original packaging so I could hunt them down.

The next one is a larger and cruder T rex. I have seen at least one other on eBay but there was no info with it. There are no manufacturer marks that I can see and it has JP III printed on the leg. Not as crazy about this one but it would be nice to know if it was in a set or was carded.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Doug Watson

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 22, 2015, 03:03:31 PM
The juvenile T.rex came with the Ian Malcolm figure:
http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/lost-world/lost-world-series-1/humans/ian-malcolm/index.htm

The T.rex, Stego and Trike are from the Micorverse Line:
http://www.jptoys.com/collectible-database/lost-world-microverse/index.htm

The bigger, cruder T.rex came with the Military General:
http://www.jptoys.com/toy-database/jurassic-park-3/humans/military-general/index.htm

Wow! I knew someone here would have the answer, thank you CityRaptor, I have been stewing on this for years and you answered it in a little more than a half an hour. Thanks for the great links. I have done Hasbro, JP, Site B, Lost World searches and I never found those.

MaastrichtianGuy

can you help you know the company that made this big soft trike

MaastrichtianGuy

can anyone tell who made this raptor and what is skull and head is based on?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those are all pretty generic "Chinasaurs" MaastrichtianGuy.

BTW you can combine your posts so you don't have to post as many separate ones.

Raptoress

Won what I was after in a lot of Chinasaurs, the Jurassic Park Triceratops with the dino damage wound patch. The lot also comes with the Invicta Pteranodon and the Invicta Triceratops (unfortunately with a chewed tail :() and I think what looks like a very early Safari Ltd Dimetrodon. I was wondering what the other figures in the lot were so I've posted two photos below. Are they also just generic toys? Or something better?

Edit: Sorry Takama never did see your reply to my old post on here. I will take a photo of the statue tomorrow and post it here. Been trying to look everywhere for the sculptor.

DinoLord

There's a Jurassic Park Dilophosaurus in the first picture. Dimetrodon is the retired Carnegie model. I don't know the brand name but I do have that pink Styracosaurus myself.

CityRaptor

The smallest Pteranodon does look like Bullyland.

Quote from: Doug Watson on April 22, 2015, 03:15:25 PM
Wow! I knew someone here would have the answer, thank you CityRaptor, I have been stewing on this for years and you answered it in a little more than a half an hour. Thanks for the great links. I have done Hasbro, JP, Site B, Lost World searches and I never found those.

You are welcome!
Oh no

Invicta Hunter

The yellow/black Pteranodon is made by Inpro, the small dark green Pteranodon is made by Toys n' Things and im not too sure about the whale skark. I think it's just a common figure made in China.

Raptoress

Thanks for identifying them, guys! Invicta Hunter, do you know if the Inpro one is worth anything?

Invicta Hunter

I don't think it's worth much. I often see them for sale on ebay and they never really go for much, maybe £2 or a little bit more.

Roselaar

Don't worry, you won't have to identify all the figures in this pic (though kudos to those who can!). ;)

I need to know about some of these. What line do the monochrome Parasaurolophus, Stegosaurus and Triceratops figures in the front belong to? They have a distinct JP/Lost World feel to them.

Also, the Dimetrodon in the foreground looks a lot like the old Bullyland Dimetrodon figure. It's labeled 'Kindertoyz' though. Is there a relation with the Bullyland figure, od is this another company that ripped off its paint job?

And what species is the (sadly incomplete) Famemaster 3D puzzle theropod supposed to represent? Here's a bigger picture, which helpmed me determine the brand but not the species. The picture link says T-Rex, but I know there's already a T-Rex 3D puzzle from the same company that looks different.

Lastly, the orange Parasaurolophus. The paint is a custom job and not a very good one. I'm quite sure the model itself (which is quite good!) is from Tamiya. I should probably post better pics of it, by can anyone tell from this one whether I'm right or not?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

DinoLord

The Parasaurolophus is indeed the Tamiya model (with the male head). I think your Famemaster theropod is indeed T. rex; I remember seeing that one sold as T. rex back in the day. It's not one of their strongest efforts...

sauroid

yes that is indeed a T. rex. Fame Master made two or three different T. rexes. and i also have the gray Triceratops and i want to know what it is (no info on the belly whatsoever).
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

Okay, thanks. So that's two identifications made, two to go. Let's see who can answer the tricker questions. ;)

CityRaptor

Kindertoyz figures tend to appear in the German discount store Aldi from time to time. They seem to be associated with Bullyland. Last time I saw them, they had a set with the two Sabertoothed Cats...I myself have two sets by them: Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus. I also know that a Triceratops set exists as well as a Dimetrodon one, which is where yours comes from.
Oh no

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: