News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Majestic Toyway Ornithocheirus

Started by UK, January 19, 2020, 12:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Congratulations. Truely a great figure, but unless I find it in a lot, I guess I will never own one myself.  Which reminds me that I still need to pick up the CollectA one.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Ikessauro

Quote from: UK on January 20, 2020, 09:52:13 PM
Quote from: Crackington on January 20, 2020, 07:48:53 PM
Well done UK, glad you got the figure safe and sound. I'm always a bit nervous if I get a rare figure, until it arrives in the post.

Thanks for the photos too - finally some new images of the model! This will help us all to keep an eye out for others, though I guess it'll be a long time coming until someone else strikes gold!

Thanks. Let's hope the floodgates open now 😊😊

May the universe hear you! I wish we all could get one!

DinoToyForum

Thanks for the wonderful photos, and congratulations again, I'm glad it arrived safely. Also, it is in such perfect condition! Wow. :o

Oh, could I tempt you to review it for the DinoToyBlog? It would make a fantastic topic, and would wrap up the Toyway WWD line, but so few of us own it to review it! O:-)

UK

Quote from: dinotoyforum on January 21, 2020, 12:12:36 AM
Thanks for the wonderful photos, and congratulations again, I'm glad it arrived safely. Also, it is in such perfect condition! Wow. :o

Oh, could I tempt you to review it for the DinoToyBlog? It would make a fantastic topic, and would wrap up the Toyway WWD line, but so few of us own it to review it! O:-)

I will do in the very near future.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: UK on January 21, 2020, 05:46:22 PM

Awesome, I was hoping you would! Looking forward to reading it.Cheers! ^-^

DinoToyForum

Quote from: UK on January 21, 2020, 05:46:22 PM

Great! Thanks so much, I can't wait to see it!  8)

UK

And here is the mysterious Page 158.
(admin please take down if infringing copyright or if this is not allowed)

stargatedalek

I was under the impression it was originally given away with a magazine, but this looks the hardcover book. Are the page numbers the same or does the magazine match to the same look?

Congrats on this incredible find! To think two of the three known in the world were rescued from eBay auctions, it's incredible.

Crackington

Thought I'd spotted another hidden away in this large job lot of dino toys:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/65-x-Dinosaurs-Toys-Big-Job-Lot-Bundle/153864713063?hash=item23d30d3367:g:~SMAAOSwIN9c0GiF

It was really hard to tell as the pictures are a bit blurry. However, thanks to UK's pictures you can see, on close inspection that is not the flying unicorn 🙂. It's tail is too long....

Must admit that it caused my heart rate to rise when I first saw it and with just the old sink pictures to go on before UK's marvellous find, I might have had a bid.

frank08

Hello avatar_UK @UK! If I saw that figure at an EBay lot or at a flea market, I would faint but when I would get up, I would rush to get it! You should do a review of it on the toy blog!
"How many kinds of dinosaurs would it take to keep a giant carnivore (Tyrannosaurus) well fed? Just about all of them, Torosaurus meat is one of T. rex's personal favorites"- Ben Stiller Prehistoric Planet

And check my art here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8741.msg259622#new

Here is my collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg260287#msg260287

And here are my favorite figures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0

Libraraptor

I´d faint, too, that´s for sure!

Jordan

I actually own the magazine in which you could win this 'Toway' Ornithocheirus model. It was advertised as a prize in which children would send pictures they had created, to the magazine publisher. The best and most creative picture would win the beautiful Ornithocheirus model. The magazine started out as a 'Walking With Dinosaurs' magazine that came out fortnightly after the series was shown on BBC1. After sever issues had passed, the magazine was renamed 'Discovering Dinosaurs', and focused on the latest dinosaur news, but still had many of the dinosaurs from 'Walking With Dinosaurs' featured, but came out monthly. My Mother managed to buy me the whole collection until it stopped publication sometime in 2002.

Roselaar

Quote from: BlueBird95 on October 25, 2020, 01:45:03 AM
I actually own the magazine in which you could win this 'Toway' Ornithocheirus model. It was advertised as a prize in which children would send pictures they had created, to the magazine publisher. The best and most creative picture would win the beautiful Ornithocheirus model. The magazine started out as a 'Walking With Dinosaurs' magazine that came out fortnightly after the series was shown on BBC1. After sever issues had passed, the magazine was renamed 'Discovering Dinosaurs', and focused on the latest dinosaur news, but still had many of the dinosaurs from 'Walking With Dinosaurs' featured, but came out monthly. My Mother managed to buy me the whole collection until it stopped publication sometime in 2002.

Interesting! Got any pictures of these magazines to share? Or of the giveaway advertisement?  :)

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

UK

Would love to see some photos too and imagine avatar_Invicta Hunter @Invicta Hunter  would too.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Roselaar on October 25, 2020, 01:30:02 PM
Interesting! Got any pictures of these magazines to share? Or of the giveaway advertisement?  :)

You can watch those Magazines over at the Walking With Wikis.

Pics from this site :

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.