You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Loon's Collection: PNSO Suchomimus (Jan 16, 2023)

Started by Loon, January 26, 2020, 07:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 30, 2020, 09:54:30 AM
Alas, none of the pictures shows up. Only "postimage image was not found or was removed".
Hopefully it's fixed now.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on getting those new Collecta figures the haztegopteryx and rajasaurus are quite acceptable figures, and the dacentrurus is for me one of the best in the toy market, the rhomaleosaurus is a very rare figure in the PVC figure market in that Collecta It is one of the most outstanding companies of all.
The Collecta scelidosaurus despite the elapsed time is a more than acceptable figure and quite large.
Schleich's saichainia is the least interesting figure to me and Safari's tapejara and oviraptor are figures of the best a company has ever done. Especially his oviraptor with a nest that looks like a resin figure, and based on the work of Luis Rey.

About the recently extinct animal figures Kaiyodo although I am not a collector of these figures they are very well made and the Kaiyodo brand is one of the best that exists in the Asian and world market.

Loon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 30, 2020, 10:13:22 AM
My congratulations on getting those new Collecta figures the haztegopteryx and rajasaurus are quite acceptable figures, and the dacentrurus is for me one of the best in the toy market, the rhomaleosaurus is a very rare figure in the PVC figure market in that Collecta It is one of the most outstanding companies of all.
The Collecta scelidosaurus despite the elapsed time is a more than acceptable figure and quite large.
Schleich's saichainia is the least interesting figure to me and Safari's tapejara and oviraptor are figures of the best a company has ever done. Especially his oviraptor with a nest that looks like a resin figure, and based on the work of Luis Rey.

About the recently extinct animal figures Kaiyodo although I am not a collector of these figures they are very well made and the Kaiyodo brand is one of the best that exists in the Asian and world market.

Thanks Shonisaurus, also the small figures are actually from Takara Tomy, thought they are very similar to Kaiyodo.

Halichoeres

When they can make modern animals that well, it's a shame Takara Tomy doesn't bother with prehistoric ones.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Loon

Haven't posted here in a little bit. I'm not showing anything new to show figure-wise, but the recent update of my display.

I added a new bookcasd, as I felt the other shelves were getting crowded.

And, it's full...

So. I'm probably going to have to get another at some point or actually put some stuff in storage. Either way, I like the way it looks.

ITdactyl

The arrangement IS nice.

But where did you get the base for your flying critters?

Sigmasaurus

I like how you put less figures on more shelves, I feel like that makes the collection look bigger than it might be

Libraraptor

Nice arrangement!  I like the steps on the shelves. They create more Space and better visibility for the single figure.

Shonisaurus

By the way, the WWD lioplerudoron base has been very good for you. You have a very nice collection and you have tastes similar to mine when it comes to collecting, in terms of the likes of dinosaur figures and other prehistoric animals. I congratulate you on the order and cleanliness in which your collection is arranged on beautiful shelves. Magnificent collection.

Loon

Quote from: ITdactyl on May 17, 2020, 05:22:06 AM

I use these cheap figure stands. Their bases aren't very large, so I use a bit of blue tack to help them stay up.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments. I'm glad people like the look so far.

Halichoeres

What a great display area! Fitting for a fantastic collection.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SidB

Quote from: Loon on May 19, 2020, 07:52:30 AM
Quote from: ITdactyl on May 17, 2020, 05:22:06 AM

I use these cheap figure stands. Their bases aren't very large, so I use a bit of blue tack to help them stay up.

Thanks to everyone else for the comments. I'm glad people like the look so far.
Cool idea, the stands.

Loon

Thanks avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres and S @SidB

New Stuff!

After picking up the baby Triceratops, I've been on a bit of a Papo kick. Particularly the Jurassic Park style figures, because, sorry W-Dragon and Nanmu, I still find them to be the best Replicas of those designs.

I never dreamed of owning the brown raptor, the only one still on eBay is around $130. Shockingly, 2 popped up on eBay for $25 and $30 from seller, Regal Books, and I snagged the cheaper of the two. This is a fantastic model, it's not 100% Jurassic Park (I wish the colors were darker and the eyes were green, but whatever).

SidB

You'd make a good fisherman - patience. And compared with the W-Dragon and Nanmu prices, Papo is attractive: better prices and excellant production values. As far as I'm concerned, I'm not convinced that those two will be around for the long haul. High prices and limited output. PNSO almost went under and look what happened to Vitae. Papo seems to survive despite endless knock-offs of their figures.

Shonisaurus

Well you've been lucky to get that rare figure on the Papo brown velociraptor market for an affordable price. I congratulate you on your new acquisition. You have a very nice collection.

Bokisaurus

Very nice display of your collection!
Yeah, the every growing collection is always a challenge wohenfiguring out just how to display them! :))

ceratopsian

The bookcase was a good addition!  I love the stands you use.

Loon

Thanks to avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres, I now own the entire set of Walking with Dinosaurs "inspired" figures from TS Toys. These are actually pretty decent for what are basically Chinasaurs, the paints not bad, and some even have bendable wires in them.

Ankylosaurus & Polacanthus

Allosaurus & Stegosaurus

Liopleurodon & Eustreptospondylus

Muttaburrasaurus & Ornithocheirus

Ornitholestes & Diplodocus

Coelophysis & Torosaurus

TS Toys and Toyway comparisons

Shonisaurus

I congratulate you on these acquisitions, especially I really like ornithocheirus, muttaburrasaurus and ornitholestes, these TS Toys figures are figures that were commercialized if I remember correctly in 2002.

Halichoeres

Glad to see they made it so quickly, and that you're enjoying them :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: