News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO—New for 2020

Started by suspsy, January 30, 2020, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: SenSx on December 27, 2020, 02:25:10 AM
I don't want to spread false infos, but i think despite being recent, it is a very rare model.
If I'm not mistaken it was limited to only 100 models, and exclusively for the asian market.
Only Lanatimeshop managed to get 10 of them and sell them on Ebay for 100 dollars, but quickly removed them before it was sold out (they probably did not have the 10 models in stock, and it got sold out on the official site really fast).
I was lucky enough to grab one, absolutely gorgeous paint job, much more striking than the default Doyle I find dull, but more natural one would say.

I absolutely don't know if PNSO is planning to re release more of that variant.
I'm not suprised at the price, double of what it was.
You are right actually. There are only 100 models, and Robin's PNSO Reference Thread also mentions this figure and the amount made (being 100).

John

Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 26, 2020, 09:09:42 PM
Here you go!
It arrive this morning :D
I love this figure... a lot! It is my favorite rex figure now. I simply cannot understand what the whole harsh criticism is of this figure. Ah well, and the figure stand very stable WITHOUT the rod, more stable than many figures out there. I really think it was included just as a support for the legs so it won't bend in time since the figure is heavy.
It's a stunning figure that really needs to be seen in person to really be appreciated and given a fair assessment .
[]

More potos in my collection thread if you want to see more. Cheers!
It's good to see that PNSO models are actually arriving in the mail!Which of course opens up PNSO as an option for me again. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Flaffy

Seeing more pics of the new Wilson, I'm really starting to get "over-textured Rebor sculpt" vibes from those oversized body scales.

mgaguilar

This is by far one of the best scientifically accurate rexes available at the price-point. I haven't seen any of the new manufacturers that have gone with the significantly bulkier body type and it's brilliant to see.
Would love to grab this one if it becomes somewhat accessible stateside.

John

*wrong thread*
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Duna

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 26, 2020, 09:29:56 PM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on December 26, 2020, 09:09:42 PM
Here you go!
It arrive this morning :D
I love this figure... a lot! It is my favorite rex figure now. I simply cannot understand what the whole harsh criticism is of this figure. Ah well, and the figure stand very stable WITHOUT the rod, more stable than many figures out there. I really think it was included just as a support for the legs so it won't bend in time since the figure is heavy.
It's a stunning figure that really needs to be seen in person to really be appreciated and given a fair assessment .
There is nothing wrong with liking the figure, I think despite its flaws it's easily among the best Tyrannosaurus out there, but it really bothers me to see criticisms be invalidated with statements like "you need to see it in person in order to be fair".

No lips, no feathers, oversized scales, planked posture, there are plenty of reasons that people could dislike this figure that are completely valid without needing to see one in person. It isn't like people are complaining "the plastic isn't heavy enough" without seeing one in person. These are all things that are readily apparent from the photographs.
I wouldn't have said better ... They things I don't like about the figure won't change when seeing in person, they are obvious. But that does not mean I won't get the figure ... by now.

SidB

Quote from: mgaguilar on December 27, 2020, 04:21:27 AM
This is by far one of the best scientifically accurate rexes available at the price-point. I haven't seen any of the new manufacturers that have gone with the significantly bulkier body type and it's brilliant to see.
Would love to grab this one if it becomes somewhat accessible stateside.
How about Dan's Dinosaurs?

Sim

Quote from: Bread on December 26, 2020, 11:49:40 PM
Although, I do love this new Wilson, I am also curious about other company's interpretation of an updated Tyrannosaurus, not just from Eofauna, but possibly Safari or even CollectA.

avatar_Bread @Bread, CollectA has already done an updated Tyrannosaurus, it's this one: http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/10/31/feathered-tyrannosaurus-rex-collecta/

Bread

Quote from: Sim on December 27, 2020, 04:40:40 PM
Quote from: Bread on December 26, 2020, 11:49:40 PM
Although, I do love this new Wilson, I am also curious about other company's interpretation of an updated Tyrannosaurus, not just from Eofauna, but possibly Safari or even CollectA.

avatar_Bread @Bread, CollectA has already done an updated Tyrannosaurus, it's this one: http://dinotoyblog.com/2018/10/31/feathered-tyrannosaurus-rex-collecta/
Forgot about that one, and I am not a fan of that one. Guess it is either Safari or Eofauna to attempt an updated rex, but so far PNSO's is my favorite, be hard to top that.

Shonisaurus

B @Bokisaurus My congratulations on this newest acquisition of PNSO's tyrannosaurus, the umpteenth figure made by a toy dinosaur brand. Honestly to me it is one of the best representations made by a toy dinosaur brand alongside Doug Watson's feathered tyrannosaurus. I share your opinion that to be fair with a dinosaur figure or other prehistoric toy animal you have to have it physically. I'm sure that this figure is superior to that of any photograph or video, whether promotional or from collectors like you. He is honestly one of the best tyrannosaurus figures made yet and puts his former Wilson tyrannosaurus rex to shame in any of the three figure versions.

Bread

In hand photo of the Qianzhousaurus. Looks pretty good to me, one of the few PNSO figures that are somewhat true to the promotional image's colors. Note: Not my photo, found them on instagram.

Shonisaurus

Thanks for the photo that qianzhousaurus is final. It is the tyrannosauroid that I would like to have in my collection. I like his painting and sculpture one hundred percent. I really like the painting of the PNSO dinosaur figures, I really appreciate their conservative shades of paint that make these figures some of the best on the market.

SidB

Yes, thank you for these great images, B @Bokisaurus and avatar_Bread @Bread .

Dinoguy2

Quote from: Dino Scream3232 on November 17, 2020, 01:29:01 AM
Few comparison pics with the few choices of Borealopelta figures we have to choose (plus a few figs from other companies). The PNSO is outstanding!! Definitely one of my favorite releases by then this year. And yes my Amazon PNSO orders are arriving out of order. Still waiting on figures I ordered well before the Borealopelta. Oh well. I'm sure they'll turn up soon. Shameless link to my review: https://youtu.be/9Vojc-s9CqI

Could anyone who has Gavin do me a favor? Trying to figure out the actual scale of this figure. DinoScream reckons it's a little over 1:30 based on a length measurement. My problem is that the back half of the fossil is missing so a length estimate isn't the best way to go for figuring out scale. The skull is 40cm long. Based on that I figured the CollectA figure is around 1:30, specifically 1:28 (it has a 1.4 cm skull). Now obviously the PNSO Borealopelta is far larger than the CollectA. So I wonder what it's scale would be if measuring skull length alone. What's the skull length of Gavin?

Just based on DinoScream's comparison photos, if I have my measurements correct, I think Gavin is between 1:15-1:20, far from the 1:30 of most other 2020 PNSO figures.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Remko

Quote from: Dinoguy2
Could anyone who has Gavin do me a favor? Trying to figure out the actual scale of this figure. DinoScream reckons it's a little over 1:30 based on a length measurement. My problem is that the back half of the fossil is missing so a length estimate isn't the best way to go for figuring out scale. The skull is 40cm long. Based on that I figured the CollectA figure is around 1:30, specifically 1:28 (it has a 1.4 cm skull). Now obviously the PNSO Borealopelta is far larger than the CollectA. So I wonder what it's scale would be if measuring skull length alone. What's the skull length of Gavin?

Head size is about 20 mm. So assuming a 40 cm skull that would put Gavin at about 1:20th scale.

SenSx

Quote from: Bread on December 29, 2020, 03:15:33 AM
In hand photo of the Qianzhousaurus. Looks pretty good to me, one of the few PNSO figures that are somewhat true to the promotional image's colors. Note: Not my photo, found them on instagram.

Thanks for the pic.
I really like that paint job, it looks somewhat albino like, and this is the kind of color scheme I like.
Wish the Safari Baryonyx had something similar.

terrorchicken

nice! Its interesting how despite the long snout I can still see the tyrannosaur in this theropod's head.

PNSO  has floored me with all the choices this year. I'm glad to see they are releasing more with free shipping again on Amazon. Still waiting for that spinosaurus to get the free ship. So far I only have 2 mid sized range figures, the ankylo and stegosaurus and a couple of their minis. I have a lot to catch up on.

SidB

No rush, what with the year's end shipping backlog, fortunately.

RaptorRex

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 29, 2020, 06:31:48 PM
nice! Its interesting how despite the long snout I can still see the tyrannosaur in this theropod's head.

PNSO  has floored me with all the choices this year. I'm glad to see they are releasing more with free shipping again on Amazon. Still waiting for that spinosaurus to get the free ship. So far I only have 2 mid sized range figures, the ankylo and stegosaurus and a couple of their minis. I have a lot to catch up on.
Essien the Spinosaurus has free shipping on Amazon! The drawback is that it's estimated to release in March of 2021 but Amazon shipped my Wilson early when I had it backordered so they may get Essien early. I have Gavin the Borealopelta currently backordered with them for free shipping as well.

Dinoxels

Quote from: RaptorRex on December 29, 2020, 11:08:50 PM
Essien the Spinosaurus has free shipping on Amazon!
Could you give a link to the listing please?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: