News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The best Parasaurolophus figure

Started by Rexorasaurus, March 30, 2020, 01:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the best parasaurolophus figure?

Terra by Battat
18 (54.5%)
CollectA deluxe
6 (18.2%)
Carnegie collection
1 (3%)
Wild Safari
3 (9.1%)
other (comments)
5 (15.2%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Halichoeres

I'm not sure I can say it's the best, but the only one in my collection is the Battat (CollectA's is too large for my preferences; Safari's is too small).
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SidB

I voted for the Battat, though the paint application could have been somewhat lighter-handed. The Safari is really nice, but I too wish that it had been larger, say 1/35.

Bokisaurus

I like the Battat/Terra the best if you can find it. There is a very elegant look to it that I really love.
The deluxe CollectA version is also nice and hefty😃

ItsTwentyBelow

If I had to pick one, I would have to go with the Battat Parasaurolophus (obviously  ^-^). Other than the speculative fleshy crest fan, it is still very accurate with those tall neural spines and is just such an elegant, organic looking figure. Very lifelike patterning on both Battat versions (though I only have the Terra).

I do like the newer Safari Parasaur a lot too, but the Battat just has more life to it. More life to it than any other I've seen. And I love me some Parasaurolophus!

I've never been attracted to the brown Collecta figure, it just looks a bit too blobby and wonky, kind of like their Deinotherium.

Gwangi

It's gonna have to be the Battat Parasaurolophus for me too. I coveted the original for many years when I first started collecting and was over the moon when it was re-released. I think I prefer the original color scheme but the newer one is nice too. I also really like the Favorite V.2 but I'm fully aware of its flaws.

EmperorDinobot

I sort of like them all. I cannot say I have a favorite.

Oh wait, I do.

AAA mini Parasaurolophus. It was my first Parasaurolophus, and I still have it 27 years later. It went with me on several adventures, and it has miraculously survived. I also like its paintjob. It now rests at last under starry skies.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.