News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

War of Magic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 22, 2012, 06:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAllosaur

That's really cool, you're good at dragons, very good!
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Quote from: TheAllosaur on January 21, 2013, 03:17:46 PM
That's really cool, you're good at dragons, very good!
Thank you :). Also, the book is now more about Arthurian legend but still really cool in my opinion. The first book follows Merlin's life up until a little after Arthur's death (he meets Robin Hood too!), and is now called "The Once and Future King". The second one talks about his return (which does happen in the book) and the reincarnated spirits of Guinevere, Gawain, Lancelot, Pellinore, Griflet etc. and it is called "The King's Return". Yes, the second book will feature dragons as well: a golden one (it is also the dragon from a certain legend that inspired The Hobbit).

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Here is the finished picture of the White Dragon.

Also, I am now writing Chapter 3, called "Uther".

Jetoar

Quote from: Yutyrannus on February 01, 2013, 08:04:09 PM
Here is the finished picture of the White Dragon.

Also, I am now writing Chapter 3, called "Uther".

Very very very cool dragon  ^-^, you are talented  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Yutyrannus

Sorry I haven't updated here in a while. I just finished writing chapter 4: The Swords of Power. Clarent and Excalibur have just been created.

Yutyrannus

Later today I will post a preview of the first book.

Yutyrannus

Here is the preview:

The creature was more than four times the size of a horse, with a slender, graceful looking body and large wings that were almost as long as the rest of it. From the back of its head, two medium length horns pointed, gently curving upward. It was not pure white, but sort of a creamy color mixed with the slightest bit of gray. Its head was not especially bulky either, but still not something you would want to mess with. Its wings were leathery skinned and slightly tattered at the edges. Its tail, long and powerful looking. The whole creature was slender, but muscular. When it saw the humans below it, its golden eyes narrowed, and its lips curled back as it made a deep, throaty growl, revealing its vicious looking teeth as it did so. It folded its wings against its body and dived down at them, but was then blasted out of the sky by a huge cloud of thick, molten flame. A loud, but deep, growling roar caused Vortigern and Merlin to turn to see another dragon climbing up through the stones and rubble that remained of the hill. It then launched itself into the sky, pushing itself off the ground with its four powerful legs.
   This dragon was about the same size, but it was a rusty red-brown in color. It otherwise looked quite similar, but with a boxier head. Its wings were not torn, but its sides were heavily scarred. It too had gold eyes.
   Suddenly, the white dragon launched itself at the red, clawing at and trying to bite onto its neck while the dragons were both still in mid-air. The red dragon was able to shake the white off, and the white opened its mouth and a burst of flame billowed out which the red dragon just managed to dodge. The two creatures circled each-other; clawing and snapping. After hours the red dragon finally took its chance and struck the white across its chest with one powerful, clawed limb, sending the other dragon spiraling backward. Then the red latched onto the white's throat and the white dragon struggled to get free, spitting flames in all directions.
       When the red dragon let go, the white tumbled to the ground. Smoke rose from the blackened side where it had been hit by the other dragon's flames. The cream-colored scales on its neck were stained with crimson blood, which seeped from the wound the red dragon had inflicted on its throat. The white dragon rose to its feet, careful not to walk on its left front limb, and limped off. It would not die from its wounds, but would take time to heal. The red dragon blew one more burst of viscous ash and flame that destroyed on impact what little was left of Vortigern's tower. It then flew away toward the mountains.

I don't think an explanation is needed.

TheAllosaur

That is awesome!!
And by the way, I have to thank you, because I completely forgot dragons in my book!!!
Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Thank you! By the way, yes, dragons are a must for any fantasy novel ^-^. Here are the covers I designed for the two books.

tyrantqueen

Did you make those images yourself? If you found them on google, you know you can't use copyrighted images in a commercial work, right? (at least without permission, which would involve fees)

Do you intend to try and publish this book?

Yutyrannus

I know I can't use those pictures. These are just previews of how the covers might look similar to.

Yutyrannus

I have decided on the name for the gold dragon in the second book: Gullhyrndr. It means "golden-horned" in Old Norse. Also, in the second book, Gullhyrndr will give Merlin a dragon egg to take care off. Also, finished pictures of the red and white dragons are coming soon :).

Yutyrannus

Here they are :). More dragons coming soon.

White Dragon of Dinas Emrys

Red Dragon of Dinas Emrys

Sorry about how blurry the second picture is, I just barely figured out how to use the scanner.

Yutyrannus

More dragons :).

Gullhyrndr

Dragon Egg

Yutyrannus

Here are the official covers for the two books. I took the pictures on a hike in Mill Creek Canyon.

The cover for The Once and Future King. The path in the picture represents the path of Arthur and Merlin's destiny.

The cover for The King's Return. The stream reppresents the Stream of Avalon, a stream that comes from the Lake of Avalon, where magic is at its strongest and where Arthur returns.

I am quite satisfied with how these covers turned out.

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

Yutyrannus

Thanks, friend! Also here is the music I would have for a trailer of a movie of the first book:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZUUxrSzrAo

Jetoar

I look forward to see the film  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Yutyrannus

I recently started re-writing the book, I wasn't happy with a lot of it (btw the preview I posted earlier will still be in the book).

Ridureyu

Awesome!  Continue to keep us posted!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: