News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

War of Magic

Started by Yutyrannus, September 22, 2012, 06:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yutyrannus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

Yutyrannus

Here is a picture of the sword Caledfwlch (it shouldn't be hard to figure out what the more common name of this sword is, for anyone who wants to know):

SpittersForEver

Epic, I might make my own fiction thing, I would call it Acalan or something.      Pronounced A-k-a-l-a-n

Yutyrannus

Go for it, I would really like to see what you come up with :).

SpittersForEver

Quote from: Yutyrannus on May 11, 2014, 06:02:37 PM
Go for it, I would really like to see what you come up with :).

Thanks but I don't think I could write something as good as you  :)

Yutyrannus

Keep practicing to write, my books weren't that good originally either but I've been working on them for a long time.

Yutyrannus

Here is the updated (and final) design for Caledfwlch. I added in the scabbard as well:

Yutyrannus

I recently started re-writing the book. The new version is darker and details Merlin's early life more, including his many experiences with dragons, before it gets to the bit with Arthur. It also includes King Vortigern's hatred of magic and hunt for dragons (which causes an enraged fire-drake to attack an outlying village). I may post a preview sometime in the future.

Yutyrannus

Here is the re-drawn White Dragon. I found out that the White Dragon is actually a wyvern, rather than a dragon so I had to re-draw it. Anyway, here it is:

Feedback would be appreciated.

docronnie

Interesting... well lately, most of the movies we've watched are all fantasies - Edge of Tomorrow, Winter's Tale, X-men, I-Frankenstein etc.

Is your work somehow influenced by Game of Thrones?  We also watch this.
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Yutyrannus

No, I was no influenced by Game of Thrones. I've seen the show (which I'm not crazy about) and I've seen the dragons, which are awesome, but I was more inspired by Eragon in the design of the dragon. Unless you're talking about the book in general, which wasn't really inspired by anything. I just like the Arthurian Legends and I wanted to write about them in more depth.

Yutyrannus

I've been writing a bit more lately (I finally got out of a writer's block with this book), and I also came across this soundtrack from the 1998 movie Merlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esSPrIIG7A0

I think the music from 1:51 to 2:16 in this is perfect for my book. Hopefully the same music can be used if a movie of this is ever made (which would be quite cool).

SpittersForEver

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.