News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Funko Pop - New for 2020

Started by Halichoeres, April 28, 2020, 10:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

And now for something completely different:

All 5 of the original family from Disney's Dinosaurs! puppet sitcom

I know people have been clamoring for a Megalosaurus figure; canonically, Earl is one. Wish granted!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Why do these make me think of Killer Animatronics about to murder me? No, not how they look in the series, but specifically the Funko Versions.

I also expected Fang clicking this thread.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Loon

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 28, 2020, 11:34:30 PM
Why do these make me think of Killer Animatronics about to murder me? No, not how they look in the series, but specifically the Funko Versions.

I also expected Fang clocking this thread.

Sometimes, knowing too much about theme parks comes in handy.

CityRaptor

Oh no

Halichoeres

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 28, 2020, 11:34:30 PM

The baby is brandishing that frying pan with considerable menace. And I haven't looked closely, but does Charlene have a shiv?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

ItsTwentyBelow

Loved the show as a young kid, but these figures just look...dead.

It's probably because they decided to go with the solid black, expressionless eyes so they could label them "Funko" bobble heads, rather than just generic bobble heads with zero "Funko" style to them, which they otherwise are, unless you count the box. And I know a lot of people buy these for...the box. Ugh.

Ok Funko, time to stop clogging everyone's shelves.

Sarapaurolophus

The lips on Fran are ridiculous and where is grandma Ethel? She was the best character and Funko didn't make her. As always.

Gwangi

Quote from: Sarapaurolophus on April 29, 2020, 05:29:59 PM
The lips on Fran are ridiculous and where is grandma Ethel? She was the best character and Funko didn't make her. As always.

Ethel really was the best.

I loved this show when I was a kid. I even had the toys of most if not all of the major characters, including BP Richfield. I was absolutely crushed by the series finale, no doubt the first time a TV show made me cry. All that said, I have zero interest in these Pops, some things are better left in the past. I have almost no nostalgia for this show.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on April 29, 2020, 04:37:51 PM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of their figures. The only one that has tempted me is the reclining Ian Malcolm. But it turned out to be an exclusive, and I definitely didn't want it bad enough to chase it.

CityRaptor

Quote from: ItsTwentyBelow on April 29, 2020, 04:37:51 PM

"If it exists, there is Pop! of it. If there is no Pop! of it, it will be made."

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 29, 2020, 04:14:11 PM
The baby is brandishing that frying pan with considerable menace. And I haven't looked closely, but does Charlene have a shiv?

I think Charlene is holding a mirror.
Oh no

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.