News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2012, 08:29:29 PM
Quote from: CM on December 17, 2012, 08:20:21 PM
Fantastic!  Don't even care about the inevitable litany of inaccuracies we should be getting any minute now. :)

These figures certainly look impressive! The Dimetrodon looks very much alive, and that sail is to die for....The Carnotaurus looks amazing, has great movement....

...I wonder how accurate these figures really are, relatively speaking  >:D >:D...Perhaps the arms are a bit long...

I think someone would have to go out of their way (in terms of intrinsic hatred towards Papo) to truly dismiss these figures, no?

I think it's probably mostly bitterness or jealousy that these kinds of details aren't available in accurate museum lines, like Carnegie or Wild Safari. That's what it feels like sometimes, anyway :P

CM

Curious if these are leaks or if we're about to see the Papo catalog?  I'm interested in some of their non-dino stuff as well.

CityRaptor

Papo may not make the most accurate figures, but they make awesome ones.

I think the Carno is Terra Nova inspired:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Trexroarr

It is a very very good year from Papo. Amazing Dimetrodon and Carnotaurus!

Come check out The Paleo Handbook, today!

DinoToyForum

tanystropheus

Quote from: dinotoyforum on December 17, 2012, 08:40:13 PM
Quote from: anchry6 on December 17, 2012, 08:24:44 PM
Thank you for hearing our prayers. AMEN.   O:-)

:D

Indeed! Coincidence or influence?
http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,459.0.html

It seems like that Papo was influenced by either Terra Nova or Sideshow.  The Papo Dimetrodon seems like it may have been influenced by the Papo Nile Crocodile.

Ultimately, was the thread responsible?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: CM on December 17, 2012, 08:35:45 PM
Curious if these are leaks or if we're about to see the Papo catalog?  I'm interested in some of their non-dino stuff as well.

The pictures are hosted on the Everything Dinosaur facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur

CM

It looks very much like the Sideshow release.  And I had the same thought with the croc. :)

CityRaptor

Hmm, looking back, it really looks more like the Sideshow Carno, just like their Styraco.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tyrantqueen

Libraraptor

Both Papo Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon are awesome! Love them! Guess I´ll buy them both when they´re being released.

Takama

Takama

{just seen the Carnotuar}

HOLLY CRUD THAT IS EVERYTHING I I HOPED FOR.  :o :o :o 8) 8)

Thank you JEUZ

ajax

Quote from: ajax on December 10, 2012, 05:42:32 AM
Something keeps telling me Papo will release a Carno next year, I don't know what this 'something' is but we will soon know.
Would be great if its true.

Guess the 'something' was correct.

Nobs

IMO,

Congratulations to Mojo for being "Most Improved!"
I will be going from totally skipping this line, to purchasing all of the new 2013 mammels, and looking forward to new mammels in the future.  (Dinosaurs still need major work though!)

Jeers to Carnegie for "Most dissapointing"

Cheers to PAPO for 3 sweet additions, they might be "Best in Show" for 2013 for me.

Cheers to Wild Safari for "most consistent"
Jeers to Schleich for "most consistent"
Cheers to Procon for "good effort"

Bullyland...no superlatives.

brontodocus

:o :o :o Papo Carnotaurus and Dimetrodon! :o :o :o Just please don't let them be delayed like this year's brachiosaur! :)

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on December 17, 2012, 08:31:31 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on December 17, 2012, 08:29:29 PM
Quote from: CM on December 17, 2012, 08:20:21 PM
Fantastic!  Don't even care about the inevitable litany of inaccuracies we should be getting any minute now. :)

These figures certainly look impressive! The Dimetrodon looks very much alive, and that sail is to die for....The Carnotaurus looks amazing, has great movement....

...I wonder how accurate these figures really are, relatively speaking  >:D >:D...Perhaps the arms are a bit long...

I think someone would have to go out of their way (in terms of intrinsic hatred towards Papo) to truly dismiss these figures, no?

I think it's probably mostly bitterness or jealousy that these kinds of details aren't available in accurate museum lines, like Carnegie or Wild Safari. That's what it feels like sometimes, anyway :P
As the biggest fan of the Carnegie Collection,I can tell you that I love what I see of Papo's new Dimetrodon. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

Well im very Happy now.    ^-^     Caounotor is in a nice, active pose (though it seems that there trying to ripp off sideshow now) which is everything i hoped for.

The Dimetrodon is a surprise to me, eventhough it shouldent be(given its popularity). Kudos to ther first Paleozoic Figure
(though shame for its Jaw)

I now must Get the Brachiosaurus, and a T-Rex Baby, and ill be ready for these three

ZoPteryx

Wow these new Papos look fantastic!  :o For a brief moment I thought they had used the pose description I provided in the link admin posted, but it seems more likely they were just copying sideshow. ::)  I'll defintely be getting the rhino and the Dimetro.  The Carno is tempting, but I'll wait for some more photos to determine if it's accurate enough for me. ;)

darylj

amazing! i will be moved house in feb, and my collecting can restart... dont hate me, but all i can see in these new papo's is oportunity to repaint!!!!!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: