News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anchry6

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 24, 2013, 05:07:53 PM
Wow, you can really see the Sideshow influence here, heh

The claws even have that weird horny sheath over them like the SS does.

Too bad for the nails but the rest looks very nice ...

:D

Thundercharge

Wow, that Carnotaurus can't get on my shelf fast enough!  :D
Looks awesome, even better than I had hoped!

Click sig for my collection! :)

ZoPteryx

Looks better than I originally thought!  If only the hands and nails were correct, should be an easy fix though. ^-^

Seijun

oooh! Wouldn't it be neat if Papo eventually made a second carno in a more "rearing" pose, to be a companion for this one? I think they would look really good together, as if they were sparring or fighting.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Thundercharge

Quote from: Seijun on January 24, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
oooh! Wouldn't it be neat if Papo eventually made a second carno in a more "rearing" pose, to be a companion for this one? I think they would look really good together, as if they were sparring or fighting.
I'd be all over that for sure.  :))

Takama

Nice to see you again Thundercage :)

Thundercharge

Quote from: Takama on January 24, 2013, 09:51:01 PM
Nice to see you again Thundercage :)
Thank you! glad to be back  ;D

Hope you and everyone have been doing well.  :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

The nails would be a quick fix for sure..heck it's to tell if they are actual claws or just painted on over the fingers.

A pair of them in a similar pose to the Carnegie Dilophosaurus pair would be great.

Ankylosaurus54

Can someone please post the pics from Urzeitshop? I can't seem to load the page.

ajax

Quote from: Thundercharge on January 24, 2013, 09:27:59 PM
Quote from: Seijun on January 24, 2013, 09:15:30 PM
I'd be all over that for sure.  :))

Me Too.

ajax

Whoever gets the Papo Carno first, can you please post a pic with another Papo for a size comparison. Thanks

Thundercharge

Quote from: Ankylosaurus54 on January 24, 2013, 11:17:30 PM
Can someone please post the pics from Urzeitshop? I can't seem to load the page.
A couple have already been posted in the last 2 pages of this thread; here are the other two. :)

ajax

I know its been said (I think) but I wish the feet and calf muscles were just a little smaller.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ajax on January 25, 2013, 01:09:52 AM
I know its been said (I think) but I wish the feet and calf muscles were just a little smaller.

They could be smaller..but I'd just say he's a stronger, beefier , older adult maybe ?  I'm a firm believer that every dinosaur could be a little different.

Ankylosaurus54

Quote from: Thundercharge on January 24, 2013, 11:52:12 PM
Quote from: Ankylosaurus54 on January 24, 2013, 11:17:30 PM
A couple have already been posted in the last 2 pages of this thread; here are the other two. :)

Oh wow, it's terrific. I'll definitely have to add it to my other Paposaurs. Thanks for posting those pictures.

Dan

Actually, Carnotaurus was recently noted for its incredible leg power. I'm more distracted by the twisting of the ankle, even as I struggle to forget this whole thing is a copycat of a much better sculpt.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Dan on January 25, 2013, 03:47:40 AM
Actually, Carnotaurus was recently noted for its incredible leg power. I'm more distracted by the twisting of the ankle, even as I struggle to forget this whole thing is a copycat of a much better sculpt.

Animals do get into some odd positions..I'm reminded of that as I only just a moment ago noticed her front leg turned to the side while her paw was facing up..look awkward and painful to me but it didn't bother her in the slightest.

It is certainly a copy of the Sideshow Carno..but then we've always known Papo to copy popular pieces and they couldn't have chosen a better one I don't think.  It's miles above the Schleich abomination..if you can even call that thing a dinosaur much less a Carnotaurus.. lol

Seijun

I will be in heaven if Papo copies... I mean, is "inspired by".. the Sideshow Apato next year.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

juju1305

Quote from: Seijun on January 25, 2013, 06:37:50 AM
I will be in heaven if Papo copies... I mean, is "inspired by".. the Sideshow Apato next year.

Ditto ;)

Blade-of-the-Moon

It would make a nice juvenile to the real one.. ;D

I wouldn't mind if they did David's Dinosauria Rex as a new piece.  Talk about popular.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: