News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

:) I'm excited to see the pterosaurs!!!!  :)

Anyone know who is going to be carrying Geoworld?

I have a pterosaur addition and I need my fix...   :P

ZoPteryx

The Mojo mammals look even better now! :o

Now that Geoworld's gig is up (and no, I didn't leak the link!), I must say I'm conflicted with their mammals just like I am with their dinosaurs.  On the one hand they're not too inaccurate, have interesting color schemes, and represent a wide array of unusual genera.  On the other hand though, there's just something "off" about them on the whole, I can't quite put my finger on what it is; maybe the hard plastic they're made of. :-\

I'm happy with the Papo Carno's size, now I'll definitely be getting it. ^-^

Quote from: deanm on January 27, 2013, 08:01:21 PM

Are you talking about the skeletons, or did I miss something? ??? 
If you are talking about the skeletons, then I think they might be available at ToysRus, but I'm not certain.

deanm

Quote from: Zopteryx on January 27, 2013, 10:19:21 PM

Quote from: deanm on January 27, 2013, 08:01:21 PM

Are you talking about the skeletons, or did I miss something? ??? 
If you are talking about the skeletons, then I think they might be available at ToysRus, but I'm not certain.

Yup, that be the ones I'm interested in. ToysRus Canada does not carry that line.

If TRU US does, then I'll have to visit one next time I'm in the US

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Carno does look nice ! I think he has the right idea keeping a eye on the Rex..but I wouldn't turn my back on that Allo either.. lol

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: Takama on January 27, 2013, 06:08:13 PM
Oh,   I was on another forum, and someone has recived a papo Carnotour.

Here is a size comparison

Yeah, its smaller than I would have liked, but it does look freaking nice there. Still, I wish it were closer to the Allosaurs size.. shame they made it so small.

Takama

Well we told Papo that Carnotarus was not a giant

tanystropheus

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on January 27, 2013, 11:23:24 PM
Quote from: Takama on January 27, 2013, 06:08:13 PM
Oh,   I was on another forum, and someone has recived a papo Carnotour.

Here is a size comparison

Yeah, its smaller than I would have liked, but it does look freaking nice there. Still, I wish it were closer to the Allosaurs size.. shame they made it so small.

Keep in mind that there were different types of Allosaurus (sizes tended to vary):

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/dinosaur/files/2011/07/allosaurus-comparison.png

Thus, the Carnotaurus size seems to be just right.  It should be closer in size to the Papo Allosaurus than the T-rex.

...also the jaw line seams are not noticeable in this picture :)

tanystropheus

I really like the Mojo Fun prehistoric mammals---they look resin! :o
I hope they continue this series for a very long time.

stoneage

The Papo Carno has awfully big feet, but it is still cool!

suspsy

Well, the Carnotaurus is smaller than I imagined, but that is about the right size compared to the other two.

And yes, the overly large feet are a little annoying on Papo's theropods, but otherwise they'd be toppling over all the time!

I do like that photo. Three bada$$ mofos on the hunt for trouble!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

and it wasn't me

i had the Geoworld link,,but not posted it

Martien
The Return Of The Mammoth's

SommoDracorex

Guys, the Geoworld catalog was made public on their website, I would never posted, otherwise.
http://www.eduproducts.it/catalogo.html

SBell

Quote from: SommoDracorex on January 28, 2013, 12:38:25 PM
Guys, the Geoworld catalog was made public on their website, I would never posted, otherwise.
http://www.eduproducts.it/catalogo.html

We don't doubt it--it's just that I had a PDF one, and while I was allowed to show pics to others, I was supposed to avoid making them too public. Which apparently doesn't matter now!

juju1305

the carno looks awesome from that perspective. Love it. I just wish Papo went for and ivory type for color (light "creamish") than the fresh from a bleaching at the dentist's ultra brite white...  ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: juju1305 on January 28, 2013, 01:41:50 PM
the carno looks awesome from that perspective. Love it. I just wish Papo went for and ivory type for color (light "creamish") than the fresh from a bleaching at the dentist's ultra brite white...  ;D

I can fix those for ya'..done a lot of tooth work in the past. We could make them more ivory..add some staining as well. Just hit me up if you want via PM. ;)

Roselaar

Carnotaurus is a little too small for my taste. I respect Papo kept in roughly accurate in scale with the other Theropods, but personally I wouldn't have mind a bigger Carno. I hope the Dimetrodon won't suffer from such scale issues, as a smaller animal it does not need to be in scale with the biggies.

Cirex

Carnegie Concavenator and Papo Carnotaurus are available at Urzeitshop (German website).
http://www.urzeitshop.de/NEUHEITEN/

anchry6

Quote from: Roselaar on January 28, 2013, 06:46:48 PM
Carnotaurus is a little too small for my taste. I respect Papo kept in roughly accurate in scale with the other Theropods, but personally I wouldn't have mind a bigger Carno. I hope the Dimetrodon won't suffer from such scale issues, as a smaller animal it does not need to be in scale with the biggies.

Brings sadness that Papo, from all criticism, holds scale models between them (enough). While the Carnegie Collection, which should be the firm that produce the goods closer to the needs of collectors every year dramatically change the scale. :'(
Example of the last three years:
2011 -> 1:30
2012 -> 1:50
2013 -> 1:20
I should also mention that normally collectors have dinosaurs in 1:40 scale!  >:D
So... good Papo for the size of Carnotaurus! ;D

:D

Mironimus

The first figures by Safari are available, and that's how they look:

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

juju1305

Quote from: Mironimus on January 28, 2013, 09:11:11 PM
The first figures by Safari are available, and that's how they look:

WANT WANT WANT :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: