News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seijun

The paint on the concav is terrible :( The sail really doesn't look like part of the animal at all.

Some of the new geoworld dinos look interesting. The acro in particular. Their new concav also doesn't look half bad.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Patrx

Eep, yeah. Definitely not interested in that Concavenator. Where are its arm/wing feathers? Why can't it even manage to stand up straight for the promo photo?  ??? The Gastornis looks pretty good - but I wish it had gotten a base instead of those overlarge feet.

SBell

Quote from: Patrx on January 28, 2013, 09:53:57 PM
Eep, yeah. Definitely not interested in that Concavenator. Where are its arm/wing feathers? Why can't it even manage to stand up straight for the promo photo?  ??? The Gastornis looks pretty good - but I wish it had gotten a base instead of those overlarge feet.

People complain about bases, so they don't do them.  Then other people complain about big feet for stability.

When it comes to bipeds, something will always have to be done, since the stance isn't stable.

deanm

I have some roosting space for that Dimorphodon...  ;)

Patrx

Quote from: SBell on January 28, 2013, 10:26:32 PM

People complain about bases, so they don't do them.  Then other people complain about big feet for stability.

When it comes to bipeds, something will always have to be done, since the stance isn't stable.

Indeed! I guess I'm just in the, er, base camp.

stoneage

I wish Geoworld had pictured all their Prehistoric Mammals.  Some of their figures are horrible, but some look fairly good.

crankydinosaur

Quote from: stoneage on January 28, 2013, 11:01:12 PM
I wish Geoworld had pictured all their Prehistoric Mammals.  Some of their figures are horrible,
but some look fairly good.

I love how wonky they look, it's kinda part of my aesthetic. I'm excited for that Eobasileus.

SBell

Quote from: Patrx on January 28, 2013, 10:40:47 PM
Quote from: SBell on January 28, 2013, 10:26:32 PM

Indeed! I guess I'm just in the, er, base camp.

I tend to agree--although what I would like to see is a company put every dino on a base (even the quadrupeds--Geoworld), but make the bases interlock. CollectA sort of did this (including the revamped base for the T.rex) but I would like to see them fit together more strongly; ideally, every base could interlock in the same, with edges that line up for all figures. Or for all figures of a given age, or line, or something. Plus, bases mean more opportunity for info, and company markings!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yep that Concavenator is getting some new paint..uh huh. :)

The Dimorphodon looks good to me.

postsaurischian

I think it's perfect Papo made the Carnotaurus in 1:35 ^-^!

Takama

May i ask how you obtained that specimen?

postsaurischian

tanystropheus

The Carnotaurus is quite beautiful....

Considering that the Papo Dimetrodon, Wooly Rhino and Carnotaurus will all be released in the first half of 2013, there is probably a good chance for a mystery Papo figure to pop up later this year :D :-X (...it has happened before, remember Ankylosaurus, Tylosaurus, etc.) I look forward to the Papo Gharial, as well.

The Dimorphodon has very exquisite hues on the dorsal surface (too bad I can't say the same regarding the other 2013  Safari Ltd.  prehistoric offerings). However, why is Dimorphodon's tail disappearing (or buried, I suppose) at its underbelly? ???

ZoPteryx

Quote from: tanystropheus on January 29, 2013, 01:41:56 AM
However, why is Dimorphodon's tail disappearing (or buried, I suppose) at its underbelly? ???
I think it's because the tail goes above the flap of skin between the legs (it's not connected to it), so you can just see where it attaches to the body. :)

ajax

Quote from: Seijun on January 28, 2013, 09:41:11 PM
The paint on the concav is terrible :( The sail really doesn't look like part of the animal at all.

Some of the new geoworld dinos look interesting. The acro in particular. Their new concav also doesn't look half bad.

Your right about the Concav paint, eerrr.... how could they get it so wrong?? Anyway nothing we can't fix ourselves. I think it will affect their sales though.

suspsy

I figure the Dimetrodon will be around the size of the Euoplocephalus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Carno looks pretty sweet..especially when paired against the other new Carno this year.. ;)

I like how the guy in the pick seems to be losing his hat due to the force of the roar.. lol

suspsy

You know, it just occurred to me that Collecta hasn't given us another dead dinosaur like last year's Triceratops. I want to see a partially eaten hadrosaur!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

Maybe we will next year.

The small amount of figures this year was due to personal issues with one of the Officials at CollectA.

ChrisLikesDinos

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 29, 2013, 01:18:21 AM
I think it's perfect Papo made the Carnotaurus in 1:35 ^-^!

Beautiful figure, but Im still really bummed by the small size.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: