News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

I'm upset on the paint of the Concavenator. But it is still worth buying in my eyes. Now I just need a bank account. Mom...  ^-^

Jetoar

Well done again Papo, you have done an amazing figure again  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

radman

Quote from: postsaurischian on January 29, 2013, 01:18:21 AM
I think it's perfect Papo made the Carnotaurus in 1:35 ^-^!

Agreed, will be a perfect companion for the Kinto model as well as this guy:

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Takama on January 29, 2013, 05:29:41 AM
Maybe we will next year.

The small amount of figures this year was due to personal issues with one of the Officials at CollectA.
Which was....?

postsaurischian

Papo Woolly Rhinoceros

compared to the Bully version:

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 29, 2013, 12:45:49 PM
Maybe we will next year.

The small amount of figures this year was due to personal issues with one of the Officials at CollectA.
Which was....?

He's misquoting me.

As I said a few times, I am in contact with people there. They slowed releases mostly because of personnel situations, like maternity leaves and busy schedules. Fewer people=less time to do things.

Takama

Real life pics of the new CollectA figures have surfaced

Notice how big there new Diplo is

Argentavis

Is that the display on toyfair nuremberg? I am at toyfair tomorrow (wednesday). ;)

suspsy

Quote from: SBell on January 29, 2013, 01:50:35 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 29, 2013, 12:45:49 PM
Maybe we will next year.

Which was....?

He's misquoting me.

As I said a few times, I am in contact with people there. They slowed releases mostly because of personnel situations, like maternity leaves and busy schedules. Fewer people=less time to do things.

Good to know.

If it really had been personal issues on the part of a Collecta employee, I don't think it would be our business to know details.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

ajax

Great pics ^^, the Diplo is a little bigger than i thought which is a nice surprise, I think the Para looks better than in its pictures as well.

tyrantqueen

That Dippy appears to have man boobs...

Thundercharge

Quote from: ajax on January 29, 2013, 10:28:55 PM
Great pics ^^, the Diplo is a little bigger than i thought which is a nice surprise, I think the Para looks better than in its pictures as well.
It's bigger than I thought as well! It looks amazing. :)
Definitely my favorite of the upcoming releases!  ^-^

Click sig for my collection! :)

suspsy

Has Collecta announced release dates? Now that the Tyrannosaurus Rex w/Struthiomimus is on a nice, solid base, I'd kind of like to acquire it. :)

ajax

Quote from: suspsy on January 29, 2013, 11:04:38 PM
Has Collecta announced release dates? Now that the Tyrannosaurus Rex w/Struthiomimus is on a nice, solid base, I'd kind of like to acquire it. :)

Its head is still the same, have a good look at it before you buy it.

SBell

I'm guessing it's shadow or display purpose, but does anyone else notice what appears to be a base under the Mapusaurus?

ZoPteryx

On average, I'd say those new CollectAs look better than their stock photos. :)

Deino:  Better, but Mojo still kicks it butt, kicks it down the stairs and steals its lunch money! :o
Diablo:  Looks much better!  Now I'm torn between it an the Safari again! :-\
Pachy:  Awesome!  I think it's my favorite of the bunch.
Ankylo Repaint:  It's a little better than the original, but that's not saying much. :P
Para:  Looks a little better.  Are the front feet accurate?
Daspleto:  No change in opinion, still just okay.
Dippy:  Looks better and bigger! ^-^

ZoPteryx

Quote from: SBell on January 29, 2013, 11:48:29 PM

I'm guessing it's shadow or display purpose, but does anyone else notice what appears to be a base under the Mapusaurus?
Front left foot appears to be cut off, I think it's the back of something else.

Seijun

I like the dippy, but unfortunately the neck needs to be at least twice as thick in the middle. As it is, the neck looks like a snake that has been run over. The body is much too fat, also. Dippy had a very slender body for a sauropod.

None of the others really appeal to me that much except maybe the diablo.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

suspsy

Quote from: ajax on January 29, 2013, 11:08:24 PM

Its head is still the same, have a good look at it before you buy it.

Oh yes, I'd never buy it online. I'd prefer to come across it in a museum store and scrutinise it carefully before making a final decision. Aside from the head issue and the small size, I still can't help liking it.

Takama

collectA has Technically released the based T-Rex in December of last year (I got this from CollectA themselves, who were kind enough to send me one for free as a replacement to my old baseless one)

If you want one for sure,   You can get it from Dan

http://stores.homestead.com/hstrial-Dliebman2/-strse-467/Tyrannosaurus-with-Struthiomimus-Prey/Detail.bok

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: