News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

"Nice Dinosaur! Yes, you like being petted.  AAAAAAAGHHHHHHHH!"
Those are looking good.

Quote from: DC on February 19, 2013, 02:09:26 AM
very supportive and Collector-Friendly.  visit the face book site.

Thanks for the Info.

Quote from: Takama on February 28, 2013, 08:37:59 PM
Ok for those of you who were wondering, Safari brought back there original Wild Safari Brachiosaur due to popular Demand.

Apparently people like outdated reconstructions

Seems to be the case, given how many of the really old model kits are released again and again.  And the fact that a lot Chinasaurs have been around for decades.

I figured the WS Brachio was brought back to fill the hole the old Carngie left as the quite iconic, classic Brachiosaurus reconstruction. 
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Very nice! Colours very funky again, but imaginative. Will definitely buy them.

Primeval12

Time to spend my Bar-Mitzvah money ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

The Pachyrhino actually look much more appealing now.  The Allo I will still own but he we bill getting a repaint I think.

Says dino-damage..any chance they with skin covers ?

ChrisLikesDinos

An annonymous contributor at JPtoys.com posted these:

Check out the forums for more pictures and info!

Hermes888

Quote from: demoncarnotaur on March 04, 2013, 06:15:45 PM
So here is the first look:
*snip*

*snip*
Am I the only one here that's reminded of the Papo model?

Takama

Quote from: Hermes888 on March 05, 2013, 02:19:53 AM
*snip*

*snip*

No you are not.   Its like they were Jeolus of Papos better JP Style figures, so they ripped off one of theres

Hermes888

Quote from: Takama on March 05, 2013, 03:12:39 AM
*snip*
No you are not.   Its like they were Jeolus of Papos better JP Style figures, so they ripped off one of theres
I guess it all goes full circle now, Papo uses Jurassic Park dinosaurs as "inspiration" for their figures, and now the Jurassic Park toymakers are using the Papo figures as "inspiration" for their new figures.

ChrisLikesDinos

*snip*

*snip*

I think its safe to say they used it for inspiration. Shame they didn't pay attention to the paint app though, haha

suspsy

I'm relieved Hasbro has gone back to the cover-up wounds of old as opposed to the permanent ones of the JP3 line. The JP3 line was by far the weakest overall, but the wounds made it even worse.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

tyrantqueen

QuoteNo you are not.   Its like they were Jeolus of Papos better JP Style figures, so they ripped off one of theres
Jealousy has nothing to do with it. It's just a smart business move to copy what is popular.

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 05, 2013, 03:10:06 PM
QuoteNo you are not.   Its like they were Jeolus of Papos better JP Style figures, so they ripped off one of theres
Jealousy has nothing to do with it. It's just a smart business move to copy what is popular.
I think it's just that JP is taking their turn copying Papo for once.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Let's see..how did this discussion end last week ?  Oh yeah..BOTH copied/ took inspiration from Todd Marshall. ;D  lol

I have to agree that if these have the skin patches that's really cool. Something we haven't seen since Kenner.

Horridus

Quote from: suspsy on March 05, 2013, 03:59:39 AM
I'm relieved Hasbro has gone back to the cover-up wounds of old as opposed to the permanent ones of the JP3 line. The JP3 line was by far the weakest overall, but the wounds made it even worse.
Agreed and agreed. I haven't bothered with the JP3 figures (or their many, many repaints) at all, but this is a big step in the right direction (er...back to JP/TLW). I might even get the Allosaurus if it's not too expensive.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Roselaar

Quote from: Hermes888 on March 05, 2013, 03:45:06 AM
Quote from: Takama on March 05, 2013, 03:12:39 AM
*snip*
I guess it all goes full circle now, Papo uses Jurassic Park dinosaurs as "inspiration" for their figures, and now the Jurassic Park toymakers are using the Papo figures as "inspiration" for their new figures.

God creates Hasbro. Hasbro creates JP figures. Hasbro destroys dinosaur figures. God creates Papo. Papo creates dinosaur figures. Papo destroys Hasbro. Hasbro creates better looking dinosaur figures. JP fans inherit the Earth.  ^-^

Gryphoceratops

Isn't the artist who sculpted these new figures a member here (username escapes me)?  He used to work sculpting Mcfarlane models.  I don't know if he was inspired by Papo when doing these since this seems to be his style to begin with. 

SBell

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on March 05, 2013, 10:08:22 PM
Isn't the artist who sculpted these new figures a member here (username escapes me)?  He used to work sculpting Mcfarlane models.  I don't know if he was inspired by Papo when doing these since this seems to be his style to begin with.

I seem to recall the sculptor being from Korea. The MacFarlane sculptor has gone on to produce a few kits of his own (I also forget the name).

Gryphoceratops

His name is David Silva he is American! 

SBell

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on March 05, 2013, 10:41:04 PM
His name is David Silva he is American!

But was he a Papo sculptor?

Blade-of-the-Moon

David Silva was talking about this on FB recently, he sculpted the Pachyrhinosaurus and one other not the Allo.  Before anyone asks it's Hasbro's fault for any inaccuracies in the Pachyrhino.  David definitely knows what one is supposed to look like if he's seen any of his Creative Beast Studio pieces.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: