News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Do you know how large this skeleton is?  What is the scale?

brontodocus

Quote from: Simon on March 23, 2013, 03:41:58 PM
Do you know how large this skeleton is?  What is the scale?
Yes, I've measured mine. It's 415 mm total length (measured along the vertebral centra, so in direct line it's shorter at approx. 400 mm) and has a 56 mm long skull. I remember the scale was given as 1:35 but 1:30 makes more sense. BTW: here's a link to the (discontinued) Japanese version by Gakken, the box design is almost identical.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

CityRaptor

A re-release of the Gakken T-rex? Great! In Germany? Awesome!
Although I would prefer their Triceratops skeleton with the multiple heads.

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 20, 2013, 05:25:45 AM
The only other Dimetrodon genus I can think of apart from Dimetrodon grandis is Dimetrodon gigas...is it even a valid genus anymore? Or Dimetrodon limbatus? I guess if anyone is that bothered by the head, they could modify it with epoxy or something ;)

There are plenty of valid Dimetrodons more.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Simon

Brontodocus, you have a PM.

Ikessauro

Quote from: brontodocus on March 23, 2013, 03:25:49 PM
Sorry if this one might have shown up elsewhere before (I've been absent for a while) but I really wanted to share this here in case it is new to most of you: Just a few minutes ago I was browsing a German online store and found that a company named "Edu-Toys" just threw a very nice educational set on the market... a box containing a booklet, several molds for making dinosaur teeth replicas (notably a premaxillary Tarbosaurus tooth and Iguanodon [s.l.] among them) and a nice looking Tyrannosaurus skeleton. Oh, yes, and the box design was very familiar to me - this is a German release of the Gakken "Tyrannosaurus Frame Model" kit and the skeleton is designed by Kazunari Araki!!! :o Here it is. I have the Japanese version and this is how it looks once assembled. ^-^

Do they ship worldwide? Can you help me get this one? I know almost nothing of German language... I better start learning ir soon ;D

gfxtwin

Mironimus

Anyone know the Dino baby figures of 'GIMIKI's Journey' ?

No ?!

Take a look:

Amargasaurus

Carnotaurus

Cryolophosaurus

Dimorphodon

Diplodocus

Eudimorphodon

Euoplocephalus

Giganotosaurus

Leaellynasaura

Lexovisaurus

Maiasaura

Montanoceratops

Moschops

Mussaurus

Ornithocheirus

Ornithomimus

Pachycephalosaurus

Parasaurolophus

Pareiasaurus

Pentaceratops

Suchomimus

T-Rex

Therizinosaurus

Velociraptor

For more informations and bigger pics click here:
http://www.urzeitshop.de/Dinosaurier-Spielzeug/GIMIKI/

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Roselaar

They are cute indeed! And they're messing up my Unique Species list. Goodbye Lexovisaurus! Am I correct in assuming Eudimorphodon and Pareiasaurus are unique species? Mussaurus maybe?

Mauro "Raptor86"

Gimiki? Where they came from? I can't find anything about this brand in the web

tanystropheus

These are some very cute, charming figures!

...btw, does anyone know when the Mojo Fun prehistoric mammals are expected to arrive?

tyrantqueen

The CollectA Dippy, Deinotherium, and Diabloceratops are available at Urzeitshop now. I'm picking mine up XD

Takama

You Europeians always get the stuff i want real bad first >:(  :P

Cant wait to see you post photos of em when you get them :)

tyrantqueen

Us "Europeans" only get European stuff 'cause our countries are that of the manufacturers also.

Yanks get their stuff earlier than us for US based releases (some JP stuff ain't even coming out here) :P It goes both ways :)

I am sooo excited for the Dippy, I think it will be a big (or bigger than) the Jobaria XD

Takama

I remember seeing a picture of it in real life. It is indeed a large piece, and looks to be the Largest Standerd sized figure so far

juju1305

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 26, 2013, 05:34:16 AM
The CollectA Dippy, Deinotherium, and Diabloceratops are available at Urzeitshop now. I'm picking mine up XD

Miron from Urzeitshop confirmed my package was on the way! So want to be the FIRST one on this forum to have the new 3Ds (Diablo, Deino, Diplo) :)

postsaurischian

Sorry if this one might have shown up elsewhere before (I've been absent for a while) but I really wanted to share this here in case it is new to most of you: Just a few minutes ago I was browsing a German online store and found that a company named "Edu-Toys" just threw a very nice educational set on the market... a box containing a booklet, several molds for making dinosaur teeth replicas (notably a premaxillary Tarbosaurus tooth and Iguanodon [s.l.] among them) and a nice looking Tyrannosaurus skeleton. Oh, yes, and the box design was very familiar to me - this is a German release of the Gakken "Tyrannosaurus Frame Model" kit and the skeleton is designed by Kazunari Araki!!! :o Here it is. I have the Japanese version and this is how it looks once assembled. ^-^

I just got my copy of this set and the skeleton is 100% identically equal to the Japanese original - what a great re-issue :D!

Thanks a lot for the hint, Andre!

copper

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2013, 03:49:34 PM

I just got my copy of this set and the skeleton is 100% identically equal to the Japanese original - what a great re-issue :D!

i'm also tempted to purchase this skeleton box next month. the skeleton looks very convincing, can someone tell me if there's any inaccuracies?

Yutyrannus

Yesterday I got the Safari Acrocanthosaurus and Carnegie Concavenator. I am very happy with both of them, they are great figures :)

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

brontodocus

Quote from: copper on March 26, 2013, 04:41:13 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on March 26, 2013, 03:49:34 PM

I just got my copy of this set and the skeleton is 100% identically equal to the Japanese original - what a great re-issue :D !

i'm also tempted to purchase this skeleton box next month. the skeleton looks very convincing, can someone tell me if there's any inaccuracies?
The coracoids look a bit too large and they are placed so that the arms insert far apart from each other which makes the skeleton look quite broad-shouldered (I don't mean the shape of the ribcage, just the position of the arms). The pyramidal hornlets above the eyes are something that can be discussed in a fleshed-out restoration but they were apparently not present on the skull itself (but the Gakken skeleton has them). The teeth are a bit blunt but I guess the waxy plastic the skeleton is made of (like the other Gakken skeletons Triceratops and Diplodocus, too) probably doesn't allow the same crisp detail as resin would. The acrylic display rods are a bit weak so they tend to bend a little - if you like them 100% perpendicular you might find it a bit annoying. Of course it is still a wonderful, wonderful skeleton model. I received one of these German re-releases today, too, and like Helge said, it's identical with the Japanese version (it's even mentioned on the box that it was originally released by Gakken), even the box dimensions are the same.

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: