News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juju1305

Quote from: Horridus on April 04, 2013, 08:28:06 PM
Just so my fellow Britishers know, Dinosaurtime.co.uk is now stocking the Collecta Diplodocus and Diabloceratops (and some additional foliage)...just pray they don't get your order wrong :P

They're doing quite a good job at packaging actually.

amargasaurus cazaui

I am excited to see this guy come out this year !!! Geoworlds strikes again, this guy looks almost demonic.

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Roselaar

Is that a Koreaceratops?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Roselaar on April 05, 2013, 07:35:57 PM
Is that a Koreaceratops?

According to Geoworld, it is a Psittacosaurus !!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

CityRaptor

Think of the following: Ever since the Repenomanus Incident, Psittacosaurus'  image has been damaged.  Now seeking the Ultimate Power to get revenge, the little Ceratopsian has joined the Dark Side!

Hehe, just kidding.

But it is not the first really angy, almost demonic looking one I saw:
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Takama

WOW, Feathers on a Jurrasic Park Dinosaur :o

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 06, 2013, 02:01:53 AM
Think of the following: Ever since the Repenomanus Incident, Psittacosaurus'  image has been damaged.  Now seeking the Ultimate Power to get revenge, the little Ceratopsian has joined the Dark Side!

Hehe, just kidding.

But it is not the first really angy, almost demonic looking one I saw:

Ha thats awesome. Was that a comic book or cover to something? I would love to get it

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's the cover to IDW's last JP comic series.  There were quite a few feathers in it as a matter of fact..

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2013, 03:17:10 AM
It's the cover to IDW's last JP comic series.  There were quite a few feathers in it as a matter of fact..

Even on the raptors, which makes the whole JPIV 'no feathers' thing worse.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Bfler

The CollectA Diplodocus looks really nice and the quality is also very good. Even the small teeth and eyes are painted accurate without smudgy parts. Really like it.

I wonder, why it's so cheap. E.g. I payed less than a half of the price for it, than what I payed for the Dacentrurus (6,70 € compared to 15,50 €).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brontozaurus on April 06, 2013, 05:40:15 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2013, 03:17:10 AM

Even on the raptors, which makes the whole JPIV 'no feathers' thing worse.

Eh to an extent..the comics have always been a separate universe though. Feathers on dinos on he first island makes very little sense as they wouldn't evolve or anything. :/

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bfler on April 06, 2013, 09:12:36 AM
The CollectA Diplodocus looks really nice and the quality is also very good. Even the small teeth and eyes are painted accurate without smudgy parts. Really like it.

I wonder, why it's so cheap. E.g. I payed less than a half of the price for it, than what I payed for the Dacentrurus (6,70 € compared to 15,50 €).

It's just the Dacentrurus was a deluxe figure...it's a shame the Diplo wasn't made into one as well.

Bfler

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 06, 2013, 03:00:54 PM

It's just the Dacentrurus was a deluxe figure...it's a shame the Diplo wasn't made into one as well.

What's deluxe? In my opinion the quality of my Diplodocus is better than that of my Dacentrurus.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Bfler on April 06, 2013, 05:02:03 PM

What's deluxe? In my opinion the quality of my Diplodocus is better than that of my Dacentrurus.

The Deluxe series is composed of bigger models, supposed to be made in a certain scale, 1:40 if i'm not mistaken.

Takama

Quote from: Ikessauro on April 06, 2013, 05:34:22 PM
Quote from: Bfler on April 06, 2013, 05:02:03 PM

The Deluxe series is composed of bigger models, supposed to be made in a certain scale, 1:40 if i'm not mistaken.

they try to keep it 1:40, but some cretures are in a larger (or Smaller) Scale. The Velociraptor was 1:6.

Bfler

The Dacentrurus costs more than twice as much than the Diplodocus, only because of the scale? That's curious.

Paleo & Fish Collector

Quote from: primeval12 on March 01, 2013, 07:30:50 PM
Weren't the new Jurassic Park toys supposed to come out today?
Idk but with a 4th movie coming out in the next 3 years and the 1st in threaders in 3D,I would expect a high demand of JP toys soon.

SBell

Quote from: Bfler on April 06, 2013, 05:47:17 PM

The Dacentrurus costs more than twice as much than the Diplodocus, only because of the scale? That's curious.

It's because it's a 'deluxe' line figure--heavier, higher attention to detail, in scale with most other deluxe figures, that sort of thing. The Diplo is a standard line figure, which are instead roughly the same size (with variations--there are small, medium and large/extra large ones). The standard-line figures have a lower overall price.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quick note, I merged the JP discussion with the JP4  topic for those looking.

ZoPteryx

Rejoice somewhat!  Turns out, Geoworld's Falcarius DOES have three fingers! ;D The same cannot be said for the Compy... >:(
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GeoWorld-CL374K-Falcarius-Jurassic-Hunters-Feathered-Dinosaur-Model-Toy-NIP-/261192829209?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd04e4919

And what's this interesting Pentaceratops be Geoworld?  Looks much better than their current figure.  A sneek peek at 2014 perhaps? ???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GEOWORLD-Pentaceratops-Triceratops-Dinosaur-PVC-Sample-Model-Figure-/151017191060?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2329537694

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: