News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Quote from: CM on November 01, 2012, 02:51:04 PM
Quote from: Gwangi on November 01, 2012, 03:49:20 AM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on October 31, 2012, 09:58:42 PM
Of course, the fourth film seems to be stuck in limbo.

Not with the news I've read lately. I realize it could still go under but at this point it sounds like it's gonna happen.

At the risk of being the new guy perpetuating a somewhat off-topic line, I'll put in my support here.  From what I read, they actually have made a new JP something of a priority.  The screenwriting pair who wrote Rise of the Planet of the Apes are working on it now and I could swear I read a quote from one of the producers basically saying they want it in theaters for summer 2014.

Sorry guys, but the latest bit of news on JP IV still shows progress is minimal:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=95275

Dan

Takama

HOLLY Macrow those are cool.   To bad it seems Safaris Diablo is the leader this year

also,  It seems they got a little more family freindly with the Deinotheriums Thingy

Seijun

Hrm. The Deinother looks really, really odd. The neck and body both look too long, or something. Actually, the shape reminds me of a stuffed animal :/
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

The Diablo Ceratiops looks like the worst, The body looks like the 1:15 Triceratops with a diffrend head.   It also seems to roundish and fat

Now i cant wait to see the Diplodocus and Desplatoesaurus

Gryphoceratops

I'm friends with Terry Davis, founder of JPlegacy, and asked him what he knew about it.  Pretty much what we suspected. 

"Pre-production hell. Yes. Supposedly, but there's all sorts of problems with that timeline. It's a lot of the back and forth thing going on."

On these new collectas,  I'm bummed about the diablo.  Doesn't look good at all.  I'll be getting the safari instead.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I basically like the Diablo..but it looks too splayed out..like a big weight is on it's back crushing down. :?

I was concerned about the scale pattern at first..but given how big it will be i don't think it will be an issue.

juju1305

I really like them both. The deino does not beat the iconic one by Bullyland imo, but i like it.
I love the diablo, but something about its eye bugs me...

Nobs

LOL he has "fish" eye!

Ikessauro

I like both new collectas, but the Deino is a bit weird. I don't know, maybe the neck and trunk are too long, but the texture is really good. Too bad they practically used the same paint scheme from the Megacerops.

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

great models,,i like the deinotherium

we look to much at the bullyland one

this one looks good ,,see photo's of deinotherium
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Simon

Hmmm... the Deino's head sits too low on the body ... the neck should be shorter and the head raised up to back level with the shoulder hump just slightly above and to the back .... the detail is exquisite - what a shame ... the Diablo is hard to evaluate - the animal had a really narrow skull and we can't tell from the photo how wide it is ... the paint job on the head is horrible and needs to be redone ... the frill horns look a bit too long and I can't tell if they curve outward like they should do ... the pose is forgettable .. I guess you could say it is crouching, ready to thrust its head up if the invisible predator gets too close ...

Gwangi

Not impressed with these. Bullyland has a much better deino and the Safari Diablo blows the CollectA out of the water. I'm going to focus on getting those instead of these.

Roselaar

Interesting take on both species. The Deinotherium is very different from what we are used to, but maybe that's because we always see Deinotherium in grey since it's a species of elephant. Collecta once again dares to be different, but I agree something feels "off" about it.
The Diabloceratops is decent, but nothing special. I like the consistency with last year's Trikes, but the overly similar paint jobs also are starting to feel uninspired by now. The Safari Diablo is better, but this one isn't bad.

And I still look forward to the rest of Collecta's 2013 line-up.

ZoPteryx

I like the Deinotherium :).  I'm not sure if the neck is too long, perhaps we're just too familiar with modern elephants and their short necks (or their big ears covering their necks).  The rest looks fine to me.

Not thrilled with the Diablo :-\.  The quills are nice and the detail is good, but the horns, and to a lesser degree the frill, seem too large.  The pose and expression aren't great either.  Maybe views from different angles will change my mind, but as of now the Safari Diablo seems better.

Seijun

The pose on the Diablo reminds me of a dog play-bowing.

My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Balaur

Quote from: Seijun on November 02, 2012, 11:08:30 PM
The pose on the Diablo reminds me of a dog play-bowing.

:))

Hahahahahaha!! :))

Bokisaurus

^-^ Finally, some pics of CollectA's 2013 figures :D
I like both, they are unconventional  ;) Looking at the Safari and CollectA Diablo, and comparing them to skeleton photos, both to me look like they are wither lacking or excessive.
The Safari version looks like its' frill is too short and not tall enough, while CollectA's looks like its too wide on the side. In my opinion, both companies could have done a better job on this species... but I still like both ;D

John

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 03, 2012, 04:38:16 AM
^-^ Finally, some pics of CollectA's 2013 figures :D
I like both, they are unconventional  ;) Looking at the Safari and CollectA Diablo, and comparing them to skeleton photos, both to me look like they are wither lacking or excessive.
The Safari version looks like its' frill is too short and not tall enough, while CollectA's looks like its too wide on the side. In my opinion, both companies could have done a better job on this species... but I still like both ;D
The skull on the Safari Ltd Diabloceratops looks properly proportioned to me.As with all these things we can only really judge when we can see them in our hands rather than just a few early photos (some of which may even be quite far from the final product as is the case with CollectA sometimes).
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Takama

I wonder if this is actaully what we will get.

Remember the Controversy with the Mapusaurus

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: