News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 05, 2012, 01:47:09 AM
Quote from: copper on November 05, 2012, 12:45:10 AM
Quote from: Brontozaurus on November 04, 2012, 01:09:21 PM
Quote from: sauroid on November 04, 2012, 10:40:45 AM
if CollectA would listen, i think it would be worth a try for everyone to write them and request a different paint scheme for the 2013 Diabloceratops.

Much as CollectA have taken criticism and used it to improve their models, spamming them with requests to paint the Diabloceratops differently is not going to accomplish anything. It's an exceedingly minor issue at best, and as such you won't get much attention.

Plus, as was said a few posts ago, you can always paint it yourself, or get someone else to do it.

i couldn't pass this conversation there was few comments ago without commenting;  if a figure you desire has nice sculpt but obnoxious paint and you don't want to paint it yourself, we have martin garratt and shane foulkes and i myself and probably few more too, who do commissions on paint jobs.

Yeah, but not everyone is willing to spend twice the price of a model to make it acceptable; I myself live in Brazil and if I have to buy a model, resend it to someone in USA or Europe to repaint, and pay the painting work plus shipping back to me, hell, I'd buy only a model per month.

Think of it this way, your getting a piece of art the way you want to see it..not just the same figure everyone else has and you will be satisfied with it.  That I think is worth the small extra added expense. You also have to consider, out of all the figures one is likely to buy in a year , how many do they really need to see repainted to make the figure work for them ? I would guess only a fraction of that total. Collect them first then send them in a batch as well. That will make shipping easier.  Maybe you could find a local model builder who would also do it for you ? Though if repainting it only makes it acceptable to you then it's probably not worth getting in the first place. I'm talking to those who love a figure but think with the right artist handling the brush it be 100x better here.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: alexeratops on November 04, 2012, 11:11:23 PM
Eh, I don't care. I'l just get em' all, because when your my age, you just get them. :))
Do your parents buy them for you or you buy them with your own money? Just curious.

alexeratops

It goes back and forth, sometimes they get it for me, or I get it myself. :)
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: John on November 04, 2012, 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 04, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
So far the Carnegie Concavenator and Papo Wooly Rhino are the only 2013 sculpts that convince me.
I'm a bit disappointed by the WS Dimorphodon's unimaginative pose, it's one of my favorite flying reptiles. But the disappointment is not as big as it was with their Guanlong. Sometimes they just miss the goal. But that's not really a problem. As weird as it sounds, sometimes I'm happy with every new figure I do not have to buy ;D.

I don't like both Diabloceratops figures too much. This year's Paleomaster model is clearly the best ;).

The 2012 Favorite models should be removed from the first page of this thread!
It's too bad that the Paleomaster Diabloceratops seems to only be available in Italy...maybe one will turn up on Ebay sometime.
I'll second the notion of the Carnegie Museum Concavenator and Papo Wolly Rhino,but add in the Wild Safari Dimorphodon to that list of absolute best so far for 2013. ;D
If the worst thing about a model is an unimaginitive pose,then that's good!
Just a heads-up, I emailed that Italian store and they do accept international shipping...well at least in Europe, I don't know about the US. I ordered myself a Diabloceratops from them.

John

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 06, 2012, 11:14:17 PM
Quote from: John on November 04, 2012, 07:34:09 PM
Quote from: postsaurischian on November 04, 2012, 07:13:40 PM
So far the Carnegie Concavenator and Papo Wooly Rhino are the only 2013 sculpts that convince me.
I'm a bit disappointed by the WS Dimorphodon's unimaginative pose, it's one of my favorite flying reptiles. But the disappointment is not as big as it was with their Guanlong. Sometimes they just miss the goal. But that's not really a problem. As weird as it sounds, sometimes I'm happy with every new figure I do not have to buy ;D.

I don't like both Diabloceratops figures too much. This year's Paleomaster model is clearly the best ;).

The 2012 Favorite models should be removed from the first page of this thread!
It's too bad that the Paleomaster Diabloceratops seems to only be available in Italy...maybe one will turn up on Ebay sometime.
I'll second the notion of the Carnegie Museum Concavenator and Papo Wolly Rhino,but add in the Wild Safari Dimorphodon to that list of absolute best so far for 2013. ;D
If the worst thing about a model is an unimaginitive pose,then that's good!
Just a heads-up, I emailed that Italian store and they do accept international shipping...well at least in Europe, I don't know about the US. I ordered myself a Diabloceratops from them.
That's good to know,Thanks!  :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

I might have a minority viewpoint on this, but I really like the the new CollectAs.

The Deinotherium [not sure if it is anatomically sound (seems a bit emaciated)] looks very lifelike, almost like a stuffed piece that you would see in a museum---the vivid expression in particular. Obviously, the figure is inspired by their excellent Megacerops.

The Diabloceratops also looks appealing. It does seem to recycle the body of the 1:15 Triceratops, but that's fine by me, considering the fact that the Triceratops is beyond my budget. The head sculpt is reminiscent of Tyco, but not in a bad way.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: tanystropheus on November 07, 2012, 09:42:58 PM
I might have a minority viewpoint on this, but I really like the the new CollectAs.

The Deinotherium [not sure if it is anatomically sound (seems a bit emaciated)] looks very lifelike, almost like a stuffed piece that you would see in a museum---the vivid expression in particular. Obviously, the figure is inspired by their excellent Megacerops.

The Diabloceratops also looks appealing. It does seem to recycle the body of the 1:15 Triceratops, but that's fine by me, considering the fact that the Triceratops is beyond my budget. The head sculpt is reminiscent of Tyco, but not in a bad way.
Great, at least I'm not the only one who thinks the new CollectAs are fab :)

SBell

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2012, 11:08:13 PM

Great, at least I'm not the only one who thinks the new CollectAs are fab :)

I think they look great too. Pretty much I'm beholden to (most of) Safari and CollectA's offerings anyway.  And I'll see what Mojo actually does (some of their other 2013 figures don't look bad).

Bokisaurus

I don't think you are ;D
I like both of them, and is really excited and looking forward to  that deinotherium. It looks like it's going to be a big figure, larger than this year megacera :), If I remember correctly, it would be 23 cm long and 13 cm tall :)

Dan

Note this is only the preview image. Other images and details are expected 11/15.

Cirex

Just Wow! Not one but 2 Dilophosaurus maquette! And they look great!
Any idea when they'll be available for pre-order?
Anyways, that's great news just before to go to bed, thanks a lot Dan!

Takama

Quote from: Dan on November 08, 2012, 10:20:05 PM

Note this is only the preview image. Other images and details are expected 11/15.

OMG IM GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK.........I MUST HAVE THIS I MUST HAVE THIS

[inhales repetadly]

Whats the price,  I must know so i can save

Blade-of-the-Moon

I knew it was going to be two of them but they look great like a mated pair. :)

dutchdinolover

Just one word: beautiful!

postsaurischian

:o  Aarrgh!!!      Here it is again ... the old money / space problem ::) ;D.
I think I must have them.

Seijun

Very nice. I love the sideshows that feature more relaxed scenes.
My only complains are that the fenestra on the female's skull look a little too obvious, and I think both dilos would have looked better with a healthy covering of feathers (although I have no idea if there is evidence for that in dilos or in anything closely related to them).
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Takama

Quote from: Seijun on November 09, 2012, 12:03:13 AM
Very nice. I love the sideshows that feature more relaxed scenes.
My only complains are that the fenestra on the female's skull look a little too obvious, and I think both dilos would have looked better with a healthy covering of feathers (although I have no idea if there is evidence for that in dilos or in anything closely related to them).

I dont thik there is any.   I think there too primative to have them.

But times could change.

This is the Sideshow i was waiting for.

Balaur

Quote from: Dan on November 08, 2012, 10:20:05 PM

That's my birthday! Great birthday present for me!  ;D

ZoPteryx

Quote from: postsaurischian on November 09, 2012, 12:00:29 AM
:o  Aarrgh!!!      Here it is again ... the old money / space problem ::) ;D.
I think I must have them.

You read my mind! ;)

alexeratops

No chance i can get this one, but THAT IS AMAAAAAAAZINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
like a bantha!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: