News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2012, 11:08:13 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on November 07, 2012, 09:42:58 PM
I might have a minority viewpoint on this, but I really like the the new CollectAs.

The Deinotherium [not sure if it is anatomically sound (seems a bit emaciated)] looks very lifelike, almost like a stuffed piece that you would see in a museum---the vivid expression in particular. Obviously, the figure is inspired by their excellent Megacerops.

The Diabloceratops also looks appealing. It does seem to recycle the body of the 1:15 Triceratops, but that's fine by me, considering the fact that the Triceratops is beyond my budget. The head sculpt is reminiscent of Tyco, but not in a bad way.
Great, at least I'm not the only one who thinks the new CollectAs are fab :)

After reading 3-4 pages of negative comments regarding the upcoming CollectAs, I thought I was going crazy, lol.

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on November 07, 2012, 11:12:55 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 07, 2012, 11:08:13 PM
I might have a minority viewpoint on this, but I really like the the new CollectAs.

The Deinotherium [not sure if it is anatomically sound (seems a bit emaciated)] looks very lifelike, almost like a stuffed piece that you would see in a museum---the vivid expression in particular. Obviously, the figure is inspired by their excellent Megacerops.

The Diabloceratops also looks appealing. It does seem to recycle the body of the 1:15 Triceratops, but that's fine by me, considering the fact that the Triceratops is beyond my budget. The head sculpt is reminiscent of Tyco, but not in a bad way.
Great, at least I'm not the only one who thinks the new CollectAs are fab :)

I think they look great too. Pretty much I'm beholden to (most of) Safari and CollectA's offerings anyway.  And I'll see what Mojo actually does (some of their other 2013 figures don't look bad).

I hope Mojo steps up their game. I would like to see Mojo complement the CollectA offerings. They have potential.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 08, 2012, 03:31:29 AM

I don't think you are ;D
I like both of them, and is really excited and looking forward to  that deinotherium. It looks like it's going to be a big figure, larger than this year megacera :), If I remember correctly, it would be 23 cm long and 13 cm tall :)

It's nice to see larger animals (sauropods please ;D) getting the deluxe or semi-deluxe treatment. I think the CollectA Megacerops, CollectA Deinotherium, and Papo Wooly Rhino would make an interesting set. Hopefully, CollectA will revisit their Paraceratherium.

Mauro "Raptor86"

Parasaurolophus 1:40

Diplodocus

Jetoar

Quote from: balaurbondoc2843 on November 09, 2012, 12:28:43 AM
Quote from: Dan on November 08, 2012, 10:20:05 PM

Note this is only the preview image. Other images and details are expected 11/15.

That's my birthday! Great birthday present for me!  ;D

OH amazing Dilophos but too expensieve for me
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Seijun

Parasaurolophus:  Overall I think this figure is kind of ugly (IMO the head is too laterally narrow, it has an oddly large nose, and something about the body looks off), but compliments to Collecta for getting the hands right. Although I still don't care for most of their figures, I am happy that they are researching the anatomy of these animals before sculpting them!

Diplodocus: The head is appropriately tiny, which is awesome! Diplo toys almost always have heads that are too large. Even if they look small, they are usually not small enough (the same problem that plagues most stegosaurus toys). I wish they would have gone with a quadruped pose though. I think the biped stance is being overused in sauropod toys. I would also nitpick that the front feet are too large, and the neck needs more bulk in the middle, but overall this is my favorite diplo toy currently in production.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Jetoar

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 09, 2012, 09:59:42 AM

Diplodocus

Oh I like all. Diplodocus is cool  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tanystropheus

Quote from: Seijun on November 09, 2012, 11:00:55 AM
Parasaurolophus:  Overall I think this figure is kind of ugly (IMO the head is too laterally narrow, it has an oddly large nose, and something about the body looks off), but compliments to Collecta for getting the hands right. Although I still don't care for most of their figures, I am happy that they are researching the anatomy of these animals before sculpting them!

Diplodocus: The head is appropriately tiny, which is awesome! Diplo toys almost always have heads that are too large. Even if they look small, they are usually not small enough (the same problem that plagues most stegosaurus toys). I wish they would have gone with a quadruped pose though. I think the biped stance is being overused in sauropod toys. I would also nitpick that the front feet are too large, and the neck needs more bulk in the middle, but overall this is my favorite diplo toy currently in production.

Totally agree with your assessment, although I don't really mind the biped stance on the Diplodocus (strangely enough, I don't have any biped sauropods in my collection)

The lackluster CollectA Parasaurolophus reminds me somewhat of the relatively well-received Carnegie Sue Anatotitan.

This Diplodocus representation is very stylish (scutes and all) and I prefer it over the already impressive albeit lime-laden Carnegie Diplodocus. My Tyco Diplodocus needs to be retired-- overstayed its welcome by 20 years :-\  However, I hope the Diplo is not diminutive (the Argentinosaurus was rather small).

tyrantqueen

That Diplo is to die for....WANT IT

The Para...not my taste....I don't like the front feet and the head is ugly :( But still, not bad at all.

deanm

So far, I like both of the new Collecta 2013 Parasaurolophus and the Diplodocus.

Aside from a photo here and there has there been an official press release or anything else about their 2013 figures?

Brontozaurus

Quote from: deanm on November 09, 2012, 01:58:34 PM
So far, I like both of the new Collecta 2013 Parasaurolophus and the Diplodocus.

Aside from a photo here and there has there been an official press release or anything else about their 2013 figures?

Well, we got a list of them a while ago. The only ones currently without images are the Daspletosaurus, Pachycephalosaurus, and the repaint of their Ankylosaurus.

The Diplodocus looks pretty sweet.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Mauro "Raptor86"

Quote from: deanm on November 09, 2012, 01:58:34 PM

Collecta:
Diabloceratops (photo released)
Daspletosaurus
Diplodocus (photo released)
Pachycephalosaurus
Parasurolophus Deluxe (photo released)
Ankylosaurus (repaint) Deluxe
Deinotherium (photo released)

juju1305

Quote from: Mauro "Raptor86" on November 09, 2012, 09:59:42 AM

Diplodocus

Oh, I love them.
The para's head  looks a bit small but it could be considered female given the smaller crest as a sign of sexual dimosphism.

The diplo is fabulous. At first, I had a slight disappointment that it was in a standing stance, but I'm getting used to the idea, I love it, it's vibrant, the color selection is appealing and it looks anatomically well researched.

sauroid

the collectA Diplodocus is very cool looking. the color is subtle but not boring.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Takama

Ok,   Is that relly possible for a Diplo?

Also I relly like the Para,   Best one ive seen on the market.

Blade-of-the-Moon

For a Deluxe the Para kinda..sucks.  I'm not sure exactly what it is but the head does look off and the pose is bland.  Feels like a throw back to the earlier figures again...there are just better Paras around.

The Apato sculpt wise looks like a cross between the Argentino and the earlier Alamosaurus moreso the latter. I think it's nice enough to get though, if it's the same size as the Argentinosaurus at least. They really missed an opportunity here to go ahead and make it a Deluxe instead.

I really hope the Daspletosaurus and Pachy blow us out of the water .

Horridus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 09, 2012, 04:32:44 PM
The Apato sculpt wise looks like a cross between the Argentino and the earlier Alamosaurus moreso the latter. I think it's nice enough to get though, if it's the same size as the Argentinosaurus at least. They really missed an opportunity here to go ahead and make it a Deluxe instead.
Do you mean the Diplodocus, or have I missed something?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Coke

The para is too ugly for me, but I really like the diplo! ^-^

Takama

I like the para.     It is not in a bibedel pose.    It's walking on all fours.   It looks proportiond enough(small head? Nah it's a ladie) really I havet seen a better para since the newer schilich one and the fuanacasts model.   Also it kicks  CollectAs standard sized one in tlhe @$$

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Horridus on November 09, 2012, 04:56:31 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 09, 2012, 04:32:44 PM
Do you mean the Diplodocus, or have I missed something?

Nah I meant Diplo.. chalk it up to typing before breakfast I guess.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: