News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 12, 2012, 10:24:57 AM
I'm with you on those points, Pam. Although I don't mind scales not being visible on the Battat. The scales on the CollectA are too large and tile-like for me, as they are on all CollectA dinosaurs.

Even the Argentinosaurus ? I think it's the best sauropod so far to be honest. It has big dermal scutes but it's scales seem really fine.

Ikessauro

Quote from: Aram-Rex on November 12, 2012, 03:43:33 PM
When are we going to see new pics of the papo wolly rhino?

I don't think we will be seeing photos of it soon. Papo usually is the last company to release info and photos about their new products. But on second tought, the Rhino is a "exclusive" that may be released earlier in France, so we gotta keep an eye for pics from French collectors.

Himmapaan

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 12, 2012, 03:49:32 PM
I'm with you on those points, Pam. Although I don't mind scales not being visible on the Battat. The scales on the CollectA are too large and tile-like for me, as they are on all CollectA dinosaurs.

Even the Argentinosaurus ? I think it's the best sauropod so far to be honest. It has big dermal scutes but it's scales seem really fine.

Oh, yes; I'd forgotten. It's the only CollectA sauropod I have so far for that reason. If the new Diplodocus' scales had been as fine, I think it might have scored a little higher for me. Although I think I still prefer not seeing any for something in this scale, as I don't think they would really be visible, apart from the larger scutes.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on November 12, 2012, 10:21:17 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 12, 2012, 03:49:32 PM

Oh, yes; I'd forgotten. It's the only CollectA sauropod I have so far for that reason. If the new Diplodocus' scales had been as fine, I think it might have scored a little higher for me. Although I think I still prefer not seeing any for something in this scale, as I don't think they would really be visible, apart from the larger scutes.

Exactly. It's also the same reason it's the only one I own. Just wish it were a Deluxe piece as well.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: John on November 10, 2012, 03:34:41 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 10, 2012, 01:49:27 AM
Quote from: Bokisaurus on October 12, 2012, 02:10:02 AM

Diplo is long overdue, it would be interesting to see how they interpret it... WWD style or a mini Battat? ^-^

Awesome new figure from CollectA!
Para – For me, it's one of the best toy figure of the species available, next to Battat. I'm glad that they gave it a quadruped pose instead of the kangaroo *yuck* one that the original one had. This figure is way better than Safari's, Papo, and Schleich, IMHO.
I love the body and head color, great combination. The proportion also looks good to me. The head is viewed at an angle, so maybe it's bigger than it look in the picture. The Safari Grypto's head looks big to me compared to it's body, but that's just me.

Diplo – A cross between WWD and Battat! I love it! Besides the Battat diplo, there are no other toy figure out there that shows Diplo in a rearing pose (there are not very many rearing sauropod toy figures out there, and at least 2 that exist are from CollectA already). It's great to see something else different from the standard sauropod pose ( at least it's believed to be possible for Diplos to rear up). And the head look fine, they did have ridiculously small heads for their size after all ;D

One thing I love about CollectA is their bold choices in species and poses they give them. I find that more exciting than the "safe" choices that Safari does with most of their figures. They also are not afraid to add in colors.
I must say I love that CollectA Parasaurolophus.
It's a little odd that it's in the Carnegie Collection that an oddball like Concavenator turns up and the much more classic Parasaurolophus appears in CollectA's line. :)
To me,that Parasaurolophus joins the Carnegie Concavenator,Wild Safari Dimorphodon,and Papo Wolly Rhino as the best of next year so far.
I love to see all lines really stepping up their quality. ;D

CollectA already did a concavenator, the first of it, two years ago. The 2013 lineup is more classic than what we have come to expect from CollectA ;D

So, any news as to what Bullyland and Mojo have in store for us in 2013 yet? ;)

Aram-Rex

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 12, 2012, 07:43:39 PM
Quote from: Aram-Rex on November 12, 2012, 03:43:33 PM
When are we going to see new pics of the papo wolly rhino?

I don't think we will be seeing photos of it soon. Papo usually is the last company to release info and photos about their new products. But on second tought, the Rhino is a "exclusive" that may be released earlier in France, so we gotta keep an eye for pics from French collectors.
Oh I see. Well if it's an exclusive product than yeah, maybe there's a chance of seeing it sooner. It's just that my birthday is soon and I want to buy smth for myself. And the wooly rhino is one of my favourite prehistoric mammals of all time.

SBell

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 13, 2012, 06:21:32 AM

Diplo is long overdue, it would be interesting to see how they interpret it... WWD style or a mini Battat? ^-^

Para – For me, it's one of the best toy figure of the species available, next to Battat. I'm glad that they gave it a quadruped pose instead of the kangaroo *yuck* one that the original one had. This figure is way better than Safari's, Papo, and Schleich, IMHO.
I love the body and head color, great combination. The proportion also looks good to me. The head is viewed at an angle, so maybe it's bigger than it look in the picture. The Safari Grypto's head looks big to me compared to it's body, but that's just me.

Diplo – A cross between WWD and Battat! I love it! Besides the Battat diplo, there are no other toy figure out there that shows Diplo in a rearing pose (there are not very many rearing sauropod toy figures out there, and at least 2 that exist are from CollectA already). It's great to see something else different from the standard sauropod pose ( at least it's believed to be possible for Diplos to rear up). And the head look fine, they did have ridiculously small heads for their size after all ;D

One thing I love about CollectA is their bold choices in species and poses they give them. I find that more exciting than the "safe" choices that Safari does with most of their figures. They also are not afraid to add in colors.
It's a little odd that it's in the Carnegie Collection that an oddball like Concavenator turns up and the much more classic Parasaurolophus appears in CollectA's line. :)
To me,that Parasaurolophus joins the Carnegie Concavenator,Wild Safari Dimorphodon,and Papo Wolly Rhino as the best of next year so far.

CollectA already did a concavenator, the first of it, two years ago. The 2013 lineup is more classic than what we have come to expect from CollectA ;D

We know that Bullyland has a new Smilodon and Eusmilus (of course, labelled as sabre tooth 'tiger' and 'cat' because learning is hard or something). And Mojo...made hints from Facebook polls?

Takama

From Mojo, We can Expect a Deinotherium and Possibly a Brontothreium(or is it really Megacerops)

SBell

Quote from: Takama on November 13, 2012, 07:13:27 PM
From Mojo, We can Expect a Deinotherium and Possibly a Brontothreium(or is it really Megacerops)

Megacerops would be the correct name now. And I am pretty sure (100%) that there could be others...

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

Hi,

i can say something about the MOJO releases

For the prehistoric mammals,
you can see at the forums on STS and on there Facebook page

They come indeed with a Deinotherium,and a Brontotherium

i a few day's they release there photo's of the new 2013 figures

and a very nice surprise for the Prehistoric mammal collectors
and believe me,,the surprise is good,,,

Martien

ps i can show pictures but MOJO asked me to wait til they come with there official 2013 photo's
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Ikessauro

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 13, 2012, 08:44:23 PM
Hi,

Martien

ps i can show pictures but MOJO asked me to wait til they come with there official 2013 photo's

I guess was about time. I bet a lot of mammal lovers will enjoy the new releases, right Martien ;).

SBell

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 13, 2012, 09:24:39 PM
Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 13, 2012, 08:44:23 PM
Hi,

Martien

I guess was about time. I bet a lot of mammal lovers will enjoy the new releases, right Martien ;).

I've seen them--they will be great! And much needed mammal figures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

John

Quote from: Bokisaurus on November 13, 2012, 06:21:32 AM

Yes,I'd forgotten about the CollectA Concavenator.But it's hardly surprising that they would jump at something so odd.I like to see companies doing species whether or not  they appear in other lines or not (Parasaurolophus,for instance makes nice variety alongside the aforementioned Concavenator in my opinion) Now I've gotten curious as to (what was that line called again,Mojo Fun?) what the Deinotherium and I think they said Megacerops? are like and how they compare to the CollectA ones? ^-^
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Nebuloid

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 13, 2012, 10:20:56 PM

Wow really, 299 !? I was waiting to get my pre-order in, and expecting a price between 150 and maybe 200.
But forget about it ...

Blade-of-the-Moon

I was estimating 250.00 or so. But the EX is just as much as the regular and you will get a Dilo skull replica with it so if that's worth another 50.00 to you then 300.00 makes sense.

Joel

$300? I'm sorry, but this small size is a deal breaker for me. Less than $200, then I will consider it.

They way Sideshow has been handling the Dinosauria line lately makes me want to forget about them entirely. I'm just glad I have the five pieces I wanted. ^-^

Takama

I now know my new years resolution.    Obtain this Statue

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Nebuloid on November 14, 2012, 07:09:43 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on November 13, 2012, 10:20:56 PM

Wow really, 299 !? I was waiting to get my pre-order in, and expecting a price between 150 and maybe 200.
But forget about it ...
What is going on with the head in this one? I dunno how to describe it, but all that extra tissue around the jaw makes it look...swollen or something. Maybe they were trying to add a wattle? I guess I prefer a sleeker interpretation...

Charlie McGrady ftw.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: