News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

2013 Figures

Started by Dan, September 24, 2012, 12:29:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

These are Mojo!?! :o Wow! If the figures are as good as these 'sneak peaks' suggest, I might even be tempted to get one, and I don't normally go for mammals.
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

Ikessauro

I must say they are awesome... I'll be getting them for sure. Some species we needed in good quality. I've seen them in full a while ago and I can say that Mojo may be the best prehistoric mammal manufacturer out there, specially given how long the company has been on the market.

Yutyrannus

#1. Deinotherium
#2. Entelodont
#3. Brontothere
#4. Andrewsarchus

"The world's still the same. There's just less in it."

darylj

number 2 looks like a bird?? or do i mean dinosaur...

John

Quote from: STORMnlNIJMEGEN on November 17, 2012, 03:06:00 PM
Lady's and Gentlemen

I give you a little preview of the MOJO prehistoric mammals

Martien

do you know what they are????
I would say the top one is Deinotherium and third down is Brontotherium.Did Mojo get new sculptors?
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tyrantqueen

As much as I hate to ruin everyone else's enthusiasm, I would like to point out it is really hard to judge how good a figure will be from just a heavily cropped photo.

Their Smilodon and Mammoth look pretty good too, when they're cropped in the same manner ;)

We'll see...

Dan

In this instance, the preview does provide a representative glimpse - at least of the prototype models. Trust me, they are stunning. Mojo may very well rival CollectA for the title of "Most Sudden and Absurdly Impressive Turnaround in Prehistoric Figure Quality" to take place within a single year. That's a real thing, right?

tanystropheus

Quote from: SBell on November 16, 2012, 09:57:26 PM
Quote from: tanystropheus on November 16, 2012, 08:02:05 PM
Quote from: Horridus on November 16, 2012, 05:37:09 PM
Quote from: Seijun on November 16, 2012, 08:32:15 AM
The horn on the papo rhino looks really... weird..
It looks like a fossil horn - similar to their Triceratops.

I've noticed that. Papo remains thematically consistent in their prehistoric products, painstakingly so.

In that there is always something, somewhere, that is glaringly 'off'? ;D

Haha, that's exactly what I meant, lol  :)
I'm beginning to think that Papo is doing this on purpose...

tanystropheus

I really hope that these sneak peeks are representative (of the final product) as opposed to something like Mileena from Mortal Kombat.

Mileena teaser:
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/192/8/f/Mileena_from_Mortal_Kombat_by_Kergran.jpg

Mileena (actual):
http://i1-games.softpedia-static.com/screenshots/Mortal-Kombat-Mileena-Trailer_10.jpg

postsaurischian

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 17, 2012, 08:11:25 PM
As much as I hate to ruin everyone else's enthusiasm, I would like to point out it is really hard to judge how good a figure will be from just a heavily cropped photo.
Their Smilodon and Mammoth look pretty good too, when they're cropped in the same manner ;)

You're not ruining my enthusiasm. Of course you can't judge the whole figure.
But if you can't see a difference in sculpting quality, just from these details .......

....... then you still have a lot to learn ;).

Seijun

Mojo, you are my hero!

Ive been thinking for a while that Mojo might be the most promising new brand I have seen in a while, and this clinches it.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

I can say this

some of you here in the forum have seen the the complete figures,,not a small preview
but a comlete walk around of the figure
i'm awaiting a go to post the complete figures(prototypes)
ok it are the prototypes,,but the final figures going to look olmost the same
I think when i'm correct,,this week our the end of this week
they come with there 2013 line photo's

from some figures they do a small update,,

like the jaw a bit up and less scratches,,etc etc.

but as soon as i have the final pictures i show them to you

Martien

ps

believe me, they look way better than the ones they olready made
and the saber and mammoth looked olready great

this are my own figures
The Return Of The Mammoth's

CM

We'll see...

I actually don't think these are comparable at all.  The images you posted do not make the figures look better than they are, they look just as mediocre as the actual product to me.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Mojo releasing any new dinos for 2013 or are they all mammals ?

Jetoar

Uoo I would like to see all figures if is possible  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

STORMnlNIJMEGEN

I don't know if they releasing new dino

what i do know that they want to make Prehistoric mammals more than dino

Martien

@ Jetoar,,,in a week they come with there 2013 line
The Return Of The Mammoth's

Mauro "Raptor86"

I remember that the dino that won the suggestion survey was Spinosaurus.

Takama

I hope the Spino is in its Deluxe size range and not one of the small ones

Simon

I'll go out on a limb and guess that the second one is a Kelenken.

Any way you slice it, I've seen enough that I will most likely be getting all 4.  From the details shown, I will not be surprised if these figures blow their Collecta counterparts away ...

...any idea of the size of these pieces???

SBell

Quote from: CM on November 17, 2012, 11:01:12 PM

We'll see...

I actually don't think these are comparable at all.  The images you posted do not make the figures look better than they are, they look just as mediocre as the actual product to me.

Besides, the Smilodon is actually quite excellent--far better than the Schleich, CollectA, Papo or Bully at least. But the upcoming figures are pretty cool (I've seen the full pics).

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: