You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

My Prehistoric Mammal & Bird Collection

Started by WalkingWithBeasts, May 22, 2020, 10:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingWithBeasts

I've never been that bothered about the prehistoric cats made by Bullyland for some reason although I'd happily accept one if one was offered but I wouldn't go out of my way to procure them, I'm more interested in the slightly more unusual carnivores like the Andrewsarchus. I thought the Gomphothere was the Mastodon.

It's a shame that Colorata don't ship outside of Japan as some of their sets are great, although I have found it on eBay.
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

brettnj

Thanks, Sean.
Brett

SidB

The Gomphothere/ Mastodon thing used to confuse me too. I gather that these were somewhat synonymous in some circles a while back when Bullyland made the original issue.

WalkingWithBeasts

I've always known it as the Mastodon. The only Gomphothere figure I'm familiar with is the recent CollectA one.
Walking With Beasts is the best palaeo media documentary and no one can persuade me otherwise.

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum! I like themed collections, and yours is no exception.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: WalkingWithBeasts on May 24, 2020, 06:00:53 PM
I've always known it as the Mastodon. The only Gomphothere figure I'm familiar with is the recent CollectA one.

Bullyland does indeed list it as a Mastodon but it's a 4 tusk Gomphotherium.

Kind of like their so-called predatory ratite...a Gastornis, which is in no way a ratite

WalkingWithBeasts

Quote from: Halichoeres on May 26, 2020, 02:33:10 AM
Welcome to the forum! I like themed collections, and yours is no exception.

Thank you!

CityRaptor

Quote from: SBell on May 26, 2020, 04:19:11 AM
Quote from: WalkingWithBeasts on May 24, 2020, 06:00:53 PM

Bullyland does indeed list it as a Mastodon but it's a 4 tusk Gomphotherium.

Kind of like their so-called predatory ratite...a Gastornis, which is in no way a ratite

They call it Raublaufvogel in Germany. Someone probably thought that Laufvogel is a general term for large flightless birds. I think their attempts at "German names" for these are only slightly less cringy than what Schleich used for the Classics line.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Welcome to the forum, avatar_WalkingWithBeasts @WalkingWithBeasts ! And what a lovely collection. I hope it´s expanding :-)

WalkingWithBeasts

Quote from: Libraraptor on May 26, 2020, 12:41:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, avatar_WalkingWithBeasts @WalkingWithBeasts ! And what a lovely collection. I hope it´s expanding :-)

Always!

indohyus

Quote from: WalkingWithBeasts on May 23, 2020, 05:55:55 PM
Here's my Walking with Dinosaurs Toyway collection (plus a few extras including a repainted Schleich Allosaurus, CollectA Ornithocheirus & Plateosaurus)

Amazing collection mate! What did you use for your Iberomesornis?

WalkingWithBeasts

Amazing collection mate! What did you use for your Iberomesornis?
[/quote]

Thanks, actually I made the Iberomesornis out of silk and foam clay.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.