News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 27, 2016, 06:17:16 PM
Nice cladistics demo--did you find that they picked up on the logic? Tree-thinking seems to me to be very counterintuitive to many people, and a bit of a challenge to teach.

But the nice assortment of models (that probably were allowed to be touched and picked up?!) sure did support the understanding and learning of the cladogram technique. Wished I had such lessons in biology back then.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 27, 2016, 06:33:18 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on February 27, 2016, 06:17:16 PM
Nice cladistics demo--did you find that they picked up on the logic? Tree-thinking seems to me to be very counterintuitive to many people, and a bit of a challenge to teach.

But the nice assortment of models (that probably were allowed to be touched and picked up?!) sure did support the understanding and learning of the cladogram technique. Wished I had such lessons in biology back then.

The "lesson" was part of a greater show-jumping course through the complete school which potential new pupils could perform. For literature they could visit the library for example and do a little quiz there, they could go to the gym in order to anticipate how the sports lessons would be and so on.
So my demo basically was a "short intervention" serving as an example of how good the biology section at that school works. My best friend teaches biology there and has such a great understanding of evolution. But he knows and highly respects that I am better at  dinosaurs and cladistics, so he invites me when interested persons come to the school.
Seven groups with up to ten ten year old kids each would come along, stay for about 15 minutes and help me arrange the figures of extinct and extant animals, some of the latter being really padded bellows.  I would introduce the short lesson with "Whoa, what happened here. Yersterday I arranged all these animals carefully in order to show you how evolution works, but it seems the cleaning workers put them all into that laundry basket...So, kids, would you please help me arrange them?"When the kids groups were gone, I did three of these "mini-lessons" for their parents. I had to simplify a lot, and they were mostly speechless when I told them Andrewsarchus was close to how some of the earliest whales had looked like. I actually had the feeling the children picked up the logic better than their parents. Yet for both groups I repeatedly had to state that - for example - birds didn´t directly evolve from Archaeopteryx.
It´s always a pleasure doing those demos!

Libraraptor

Three Muttaburrasaurus: CollectA, Invicta, Panini

Lanthanotus

Nice strike,.... these three must be like half the models of this dinosaur ever been produced.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 05, 2016, 12:28:52 PM
Nice strike,.... these three must be like half the models of this dinosaur ever been produced.

I´m not really sure about the number of Muttaburrasaurus figures. Who knows more?

Roselaar

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 05, 2016, 02:30:43 PM

I´m not really sure about the number of Muttaburrasaurus figures. Who knows more?

Only other model I'm aware of is the Yowies Muttaburrasaurus. Unless you count the painted Invicta Muttaburrasaurus as a separate model.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

I really like that Muttaburrasaurus! Where did you find it? I've been looking for some other pieces from that same set.

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 05, 2016, 02:30:43 PM

The Australian Age of Dinosaurs museum sells several little statues, but they're all the same sculpt if I'm not mistaken.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Some new pictures.

WWD Utahraptor

Tsintaosaurus (Basel Museum), Corythosaurus (Panini), Corythosaurus (Waiphoon)

Tenontosaurus (Panini), unidentified theropod (Ornitholestes?!)

Deinonychus pack (Safari), Deinonychus (Bullyland)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 12, 2016, 10:32:48 PM
Some new pictures.

Deinonychus pack (Safari)

Uh, nice,.. where did you find that piece - or is it just a new photo? However, some nice figures :)

AcroSauroTaurus

The "Ornitholestes" is supposed to be an Ornitholestes, its by Toyway I believe.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 12, 2016, 11:08:24 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 12, 2016, 10:32:48 PM
Some new pictures.

Deinonychus pack (Safari)

Uh, nice,.. where did you find that piece - or is it just a new photo? However, some nice figures :)

I own it for quite a while now. It came in a lot, as far as I remember. I´ve seen it becoming relatively precious over the last years, ranking at about 25 dollars.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Libraraptor

Time for new pictures. I am especially fond of my new Tyco Dino Riders Struthiomimus

Struthiomimi

Two strange sauropods. Any idea about the left one? The right one is made of glass

Iguanodon savings box, a huge one by Bullyland

Convergent evolution

Tyco Dino Riders Ankylosaurus

Libraraptor

Thanks to Megalosaurus, who dared to show some unusual and sometimes also "cheap" stuff,  I will show pictures of some quirky stuff I have, hope you enjoy it:

This is a rubber Triceratops I found in a dustbin in a town nearby a few years ago. Great to see him alive and well among the others:

Scientific Toys Pteranodon. Ther were a few Scientific Toys prehistoric animals out there, some of which were quite decent, there was a device you could put them on and it would tell you more about the animal, in which is a chip.

Panini Diplodocus:

Greatly sculpted Styracosaurus, Waiphoon I guess:

Funny Theropod, it says "M&M Prod. Maia. Portugal"

Furry (?) Plateosaurus:

Triceratops/chamaeleon hybrid:

Disga Ankylosaurid:

Libraraptor

More quirky and/or unusual  figures

Dimetrodon, unknown company

Ain´t kidding: It really says Toujiangosaurus at this little guy´s belly:

Playskool Brontosaurus from 1988:

"Electrosaurus": Günter Walkenbach, an artist I interviewed for a magazine makes sculptures and figures out of trash. This sauropod is a metaphor for the tension of archaic and modern times: Although, this artist says, times get more modern, our old instincts are still alive and powerful:

Disga Monoclonius (?)

A quite decent Styracosaurus:

An old Bullyland T.rex, but a misprint or wrongly molded without teeth?!

Blip Toys Tyrannosaurus. I was told that Blip Toys were the predecessors of the Procon / CollectA line. Who knows more?

Libraraptor

Let´s move on with some more stuff:

A child I work with gave me this fellow. It has no value except for the important emotional value:

Panini Stygimoloch:

Scelidosaurus painting gauge(?) Whatever it is, it looks as if it had something to do with Invicta, so any new information are welcome:

A Plesiosaurus, obviously a Marx knockoff.

Glyptodon gauge(??)

Ferrero Pteranodon. Überraschungsei (surprise-egg) content from Germany:

And a Ferrero Plesiosaurus with a fish:

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 21, 2016, 05:12:35 PM
And a Ferrero Plesiosaurus with a fish:

Believe it or not, but I think this is actually a Baryonyx.
Anyway, I love your showcase of odds and ends, it's interesting to see more of the obscure and overlooked figures to be discovered.

Libraraptor

"Odds and ends" - I like this idiom very much! It fits a part of my collection quite well :-)

Derek.McManus

I had the furry plateosaurs as a child in the 70's. Mine had green paint on the back and was part of a range which included a white and yellow dimetrodon, a brown and blue sauropod a grey and green stegosaurs a very erect grey and green Allosaurs and a brown and green moschops, there may have been others, I got mine at a local toyshop and they came loose in a cardboard box with prehistoric artwork on it, I am sure that they where probably manufactured in Hong Kong or similar and they were relatively inexpensive pocket money toys.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: