News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneage

:)  What is the sauropod figure in the picture with Cora?

Libraraptor

Quote from: stoneage on August 30, 2017, 12:52:57 AM
:)  What is the sauropod figure in the picture with Cora?

If only I l knew.  It is a figure made from wood and I found it at a garage sale.

Libraraptor

I´d like to give you more information about my old "new" Pachyrhinosaurus model. It all began here:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2181.msg58299#msg58299

I fell in love with the unusual, brawny look. I think I ordered a "miscast" one (miscast obviously refered to the animal´s left front leg) from fabricious in Austria. It came to me in plain white. Then in an act of panic reaction I painted it monochrome purple with a clumsy colour. I am an Invicta fan, you know, and I thought monochromacity would emphasize the sculpt. I was so wrong, angry and ashamed that I put the model into the backmost depths of my cabinet.
Then I got to know Kathrin on her youtube channel. She´s from Switzerland, wants to stay independent and thus does not join us here (yet?).
Here´s a video of the repaint (not of the process, unfourtunately, but I fully understand she wanted to concentrate on the painting process only without thinking of camera adjustment etc.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20SBLVd4XfY&t=39s

And here are some pictures of the "newborn" Pachyrhinosaurus. I hope you like it:

I´d like you to make name proposals. What do you think? Is it a male or a female ceratopsid? And do you like the paint job as much as I do?

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 04, 2017, 01:46:37 AM
It looks like a Laura.

Laura actually sounds very good! Any other suggestions?!

ZoPteryx

Beautiful model!  As for a name, I'm thinking maybe Terra for a female or Terrance for a male.

Megalosaurus

Indeed beatifully painted.
Laura is a good name.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Libraraptor

So, thank you! She´s a "Laura" now!
Here we have Timpo Dimetrodon:

Libraraptor

Revell Quick Snap Dinos Dimetrodon:

No figure, but a picture : Procynosuchus courtship by my friend Simon Zoppe:

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Another picture: Eight years ago our member sepp painted these brutally mating Dimetrodons for me:

Libraraptor

Something is wrong with this stupid picture program :-\
Or my connection is too slow.
Had some cool stuff, but I think unless I fix it I can´t show anything. ::) ::)

And still I don´t know how to delete messages so you have to read my complaints as an explaination.

sauroid

excited to see any new additions to your collection thread...
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 19, 2017, 10:02:11 AM
Something is wrong with this stupid picture program :-\
Or my connection is too slow.
Had some cool stuff, but I think unless I fix it I can´t show anything. ::) ::)

And still I don´t know how to delete messages so you have to read my complaints as an explaination.

Fixed it for you.

A plushy, eh?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Thank you! Yes, a plushy, but there were some more. Although I can´t see the pictures in the preview and the actual post, I hope someone else can, since the plushy somehow emerged from the depths. So I post two other pictures here, hoping someone can fix it. Soon I´ll get myself a new notebook, no idea what the reason for the inability to see the pictures.

PlesiosaurusNessy

Libraraptor, your collection is extraordinary super! I read your whole thread, super fantastic! From Invicta Dinosaurs, I am a great
fan,too, but I am still missing a few of them, hoping to find them in future...The painting of the two Dimetrodons is super and I very
much like the plushy Pteranodon and your Cora,the Corythosaurus is really a treasure, so sweet!
Best wishes to you from a collector of Germany, happy further collecting!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Libraraptor

Thanks for all those kind words.  And nice to meet you! Welcome to the Forum and the small,  but fine group of Germans and german speaking dinosaur fans!  You have already contacted me via Email and what you wrote was both interesting and an Inspiration.  We really should Think about planning a Dinosaur collectors '  meeting in Germany. Maybe you even Open an extra thread to see how interested the others are?

PlesiosaurusNessy

Thanks a lot, Libraraptor for your kind words, nice to meet you,too and your kind welcome from you,here in your thread!
I am very happy, that you agree with me, to plan a dinosaur collectors meeting in Germany!

Today morning, I opened a new thread for this topic under "General", to discuss the idea of a collectors meeting,
possibly 1. weekend in February 2018, but it can change to the 2. weekend, too, only at Saturday!
I will see, what the members of this forum will write in the next days to this theme!Let´s stay in contact!
Wish you the best, Yours PlesiosaurusNessy
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

DinoToyForum

Good idea! There have been some DTF member meet ups in the UK, but never in Germany before. Better to open a thread in the member's board for this: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?board=18.0. In fact, there is already a thread for this there (http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4074.0) although if you want to create a separate Germany specific thread you are very welcome to :)

Libraraptor

Thanks Dr.Admin for your support, I´ll be caring for this DTF German meeting at the beginning of the next year.

Here ´s a recent animal cuddle toy: A Gecko from National Geographic

And a tree frog, also from National Geographic:

Some WWD figures. They used to be lids for something. Maybe one of you knows more?

And here´s yet another cuddle toy, but a prehistoric animal, a Pteranodon:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: