News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 23, 2018, 10:13:29 PM
The Schleich Minis are even older, being from the 60s and were also still sold in the 90s. 

:D Sweet memories! This was my first collection, completed during my Kindergarden days.
This photo doesn't show the full set. All marine animals for example are missing.
There are 72 different figures and I still have them (would never give them away).

Libraraptor

Here we see many, many Mammoths and my Schleich Minis:

Lanthanotus

Nice collection of vintage mammoths.... that painted Invicta, is it the "standard" painted one, or a custom? And those Schleich minis... that "Ursaurier" (Plateosaurus or whatever) was one of the first animal figures I ever got (for my 3rd birthday, gawd, that's long ago), but the original one got lost (or disintegrated by play) and is replaced for a "new" one since 25 years :D

Libraraptor

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 24, 2018, 07:10:16 PM
Nice collection of vintage mammoths.... that painted Invicta, is it the "standard" painted one, or a custom? And those Schleich minis... that "Ursaurier" (Plateosaurus or whatever) was one of the first animal figures I ever got (for my 3rd birthday, gawd, that's long ago), but the original one got lost (or disintegrated by play) and is replaced for a "new" one since 25 years :D
Thank you!  Yes, you are right, it is the standard painted Invicta mammoth,  no Custom.

Libraraptor

Plateosaurus.  Kaiyodo, Wagner, Bullyland Mini, Marx

CityRaptor

The Kaiyodo one really looks shrink-wrapped.  Also like it is begging for food.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

Schleich and Bullyland Plateosaurus

Lanthanotus

Cute Plateo collection.... I really like the Bullyland mini. Those Bullyland minis seem incredibly hard to find.

Roselaar

Quote from: Lanthanotus on January 27, 2018, 02:23:30 PM
Cute Plateo collection.... I really like the Bullyland mini. Those Bullyland minis seem incredibly hard to find.

I'll say... I've never even seen that one before.

Lovely Plateosaurs! And mighty Mammoth collection, too. ;)

Lanthanotus

Yeah, me neither, I know that mini Plateo just from the review here on the blog...however, I keep on looking out for the other minis, particularly the Plesiosaurus, but they almost never ever appear anywhere, not even in lots.

Halichoeres

The facial expression on the Bullyland mini is brilliant!  ;D
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

White figures, black background. From top to bottom: Shapeways Isisaurus, Chap Mei Therizinosaurus, Krentz Gryposaurus, Safari unpainted Leptoceratops

PlesiosaurusNessy

Very cool white Dinos in black background, nice new acquisitions! I like the Mammoth collection very much and the Schleich mini dinos!
The two Plateosaurus are old treasures, I really admire the diversity of your collection!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Libraraptor

Quote from: PlesiosaurusNessy on February 03, 2018, 07:57:42 PM
Very cool white Dinos in black background, nice new acquisitions! I like the Mammoth collection very much and the Schleich mini dinos!
The two Plateosaurus are old treasures, I really admire the diversity of your collection!

Thank you ^-^ Yeah, it took some time and effort; at the moment I am buying new items only occasionally, not half as many as I used to buy in the past. With two children, money is always a thing to keep in mind. And social workers don´t get paid as well as waste jobs like investment bankers  or car industry polluters.  And space, of course. yet there are still so many figures I am dreaming of. For example

Dawn Of The Dinosaurs Exaeretodon and Saurosuchus

The White Post figures

Doris from Bristol

I keep on searching and patiently wait for better times - in terms of my hobby - to come...

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 03, 2018, 08:44:40 PM
[...]

With two children, money is always a thing to keep in mind. And social workers don´t get paid as well as waste jobs like investment bankers  or car industry polluters.  And space, of course. yet there are still so many figures I am dreaming of.

[...]

Oh man, I feel for ya :)

How does one find an unpainted mass production figure as that Safari Leptoceratops?

PhilSauria

How quirky are those Chap Mei figures! They always remind me of something that was designed for a Tim Burton film. I only have two on my shelves and I'd like to add more but I don't seem to come across them all that often and when I do the price tag is usually a deal breaker, especially on the marine reptiles.

Libraraptor

My Ichtyosaurs,  including the "Playful Home" one, a very nice figure which arrived today.

And here are my Plesiosaurs:

Shonisaurus

The Playful Home ichtyosaurus is a sincerely cool and greedy figure to buy. It reminds me of Schleich's miniature ichyosaurus.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 10, 2018, 10:56:05 AM
The Playful Home ichtyosaurus is a sincerely cool and greedy figure to buy. It reminds me of Schleich's miniature ichyosaurus.
...and your name made me remember I forgot Schleich Shonisaurus in my group picture:

@ Lanthanotus: I don't remember where I got that unpainted Safari Leptoceratops. I think acquired it in a mass trade. I forget where I got figures quite easily,  I did a lot of trades with many forum members already over the years.

Libraraptor

3 x Cynognathus:

Styracosaurus (Revell ?!):

It says "Iguanodon":

Inpro Stegosaurus (right) and a monochrome rubber-like Copy:

Invicta Stegosaurus, dark green variant:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: