News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

That Sega T-Rex is pretty sweet! The croc that accompanies it, is it supposed to be a particular species?

Libraraptor

I am not sure, maybe someone can help answer this question?

Halichoeres

I had that figure briefly (I actually was mostly interested in the crocodile), but there is nothing in the packaging to indicate what it is, and I couldn't find any crocodilians contemporaneous with Tyrannosaurus that looked like they matched. So that's just a long-winded way of saying I tried but I don't know.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

This small Schleich Mosasaurus in nearly neon green is an exclusive from the Schleich Dinosaurs Magazine Vol.9

Shonisaurus

By the way, that Schleich mosasaurus will be sold in online stores? I like it very much, it seems like a very successful decorative figure. To have it at my desk while I study or work would be great.  ::)

Libraraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on June 18, 2018, 11:12:47 PM
By the way, that Schleich mosasaurus will be sold in online stores? I like it very much, it seems like a very successful decorative figure. To have it at my desk while I study or work would be great.  ::)

I am not sure.  As far as I know,  a differently painted version is being sold as part of sets only, typical for the highly greedy Schleich company. This green one came in a bag attached to the Schleich Dinosaurs Magazine.

CityRaptor

At least it is one of the nicer sets. I mean, you get the Dino Crisis 2 Mosasaurus, Ichthyosaurus and a repainted Quetzalcoatlus, which are some of the nicer Minis. Of course it also includes the terrible Spinosaurus, but 3 out of 4 is not that bad. Even if in an ideal world, this set would consist of all 4 molds introduced that year, with Spino and Q being replaced by Suchomimus and Kentrosaurus.  Instead Schleich stretched them through two sets, with Sucho and Kentro coming with a barely repainted Trike and a red version of the other terrible mini, the "Velociraptor" ( really looks more like an Indominus Rex ). Kinda funny that the two worst Minis have the most color versions. 

To answer Shonisaurus question: The only magazine version I saw that being done with was the Spinosaurus from issue 1, but that is because it was simply a re-used Spino from the set mentioned before. And Schleich later also re-used it as a give away on the Nuremberg Toyfair.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Libraraptor

This little fellow made from pewter (?) was part of a pleasant trade with forum member PlesiosaurusNessy. I welcome every information about it. I know Archinto has the same figure and that it is probably from the eighties.

Libraraptor

Random shots of my bureau. Happy eyebrowsing!  Nature and collections don't like void.  So every surface is being occupied...

PhilSauria

You're right about voids - every available flat surface in my study has some piece of paleo plastic perched on it. If ever there were an earthquake and it all toppled down they'd be digging through Dinos for days to find me!

Libraraptor

Quote from: PhilSauria on July 09, 2018, 10:53:11 PM
You're right about voids - every available flat surface in my study has some piece of paleo plastic perched on it. If ever there were an earthquake and it all toppled down they'd be digging through Dinos for days to find me!
:))I just imagined this scene before my inner eye!

DinoToyForum

Is that green mosasaur a Schleich magazine exclusive? And do they still sell them!?

BrontoScorpio

Never saw those SEGA Vignetteum at someone's collection before.
Good for you Libraraptor !

Megalosaurus

Nice random plastics there.
What is that long necked turtle on the second picture?
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 09, 2018, 11:07:53 PM
Is that green mosasaur a Schleich magazine exclusive? And do they still sell them!?

It is an exclusive to their Magazine as far as I know.  They sold a differently colored one as a Part of a Puzzle playset. I guess they should be still easy to find. I'll keep my eyes open!

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 09, 2018, 11:20:22 PM

It is an exclusive to their Magazine as far as I know.  I guess they should be easy to find. I'll keep my eyes open!

Thanks! I was in Germany last week and would've nipped into a Kiosk to have a look, had I realised. I haven't been keeping up to date with all DTF threads. :-[ I did leave the Landesmuseum Hanover with a little something: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=16.msg19253#msg19253

Libraraptor

Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 09, 2018, 11:25:36 PM

It is an exclusive to their Magazine as far as I know.  I guess they should be easy to find. I'll keep my eyes open!

Thanks! I was in Germany last week and would've nipped into a Kiosk to have a look, had I realised. I haven't been keeping up to date with all DTF threads. :-[ I did leave the Landesmuseum Hanover with a little something: http://animaltoyforum.com/index.php?topic=16.msg19253#msg19253

Nice little guy!  Next time you are in Germany inform me ne we'll have a coffee and a talk.  Hannover is only 200 km away from where Iive.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Megalosaurus on July 09, 2018, 11:16:45 PM
Nice random plastics there.
What is that long necked turtle on the second picture?

Schleich. Very old, very battered.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Libraraptor on July 09, 2018, 11:31:22 PM
Quote from: dinotoyforum on July 09, 2018, 11:25:36 PM

Nice little guy!  Next time you are in Germany inform me ne we'll have a coffee and a talk.  Hannover is only 200 km away from where Iive.

200 km is still a long way to go! I'd love to finally meet you in person. I'll let you know next time in in the country. Likewise if you're ever in the UK.  :D

tanystropheus

Quote from: Libraraptor on June 18, 2018, 09:54:35 PM

This small Schleich Mosasaurus in nearly neon green is an exclusive from the Schleich Dinosaurs Magazine Vol.9

It looks pretty cool and should work well as a juvenile Mosa.
I don't think I've ever seen it before. Thanks for the photo  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: