News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

You Gigantoraptor lovers are damn right! I really enjoy expanding my feathered and monochrome Dinosaurs-section, selling lots of AAA and Schleich stuff on ebay, counting on quality not quantity.

Libraraptor

My new Starlux - knockoff Struthiomimus feels good among the other theropods - fuzzy or not.

Jetoar

Very cool stand for your figures of feathered coelurosaurian dinosaurs  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

tyrantqueen

Quote from: RoySmith Wilson on April 01, 2013, 07:13:16 AM
The collection produced here is very nice. I had not included these in my collection yet and in search of the best company for purchasing these. I am having the old Dinosaurs made of plastic in various colours .
You copy pasted that same message three times. If I were you, I'd stop doing it, as it's considered spam (and the mods would ban for such an offense) Just a word of advice 8)

Libraraptor

I was lucky to add these drawing gauges to my collection. Not really figures, but definitively monochrome and Invicta - relate, just as I like it!

Libraraptor

We all know the problems with displaying pterosaurs. I solved them in two ways...

I also have new acquisitions:

Diplodocus 1:4 metal skull, Marx Megatherium, Pteranodon skeleton (Spiegelburg) and a T.rex skeleton made from metal. A friend of my wife works at a factory where they laser-cut metal parts. They had to test a new program and made the T.rex ;-)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 28, 2013, 11:12:55 AM
We all know the problems with displaying pterosaurs. I solved them in two ways...

I also have new acquisitions:

Diplodocus 1:4 metal skull, Marx Megatherium, Pteranodon skeleton (Spiegelburg) and a T.rex skeleton made from metal. A friend of my wife works at a factory where they laser-cut metal parts. They had to test a new program and made the T.rex ;-)

Not sure why, but the way the pterosaurs have been crammed in that space by their wingtips made me laugh. Also, nice to see someone else appreciates retro artwork :)

Bokisaurus

Clever way of displaying those pterosaurs!

RockyMountainRex

A wonderful looking collection!  A lot of variety and color!   :)
Rawr!

Crackington

Great pics Libraraptor.

Is that a Burien painting  the pterosaurs are soaring over? Like the way the headphones are kept there too, the functional and artistic in one snap!

Libraraptor

Thanks for your nice comments! Crackington, I´m not quite sure if this is an original Zdenek Burian painting, but it´s very close, isn´t it? This might be because Burian art and style were quite popular in the Eastern Bloc. It´s an old teaching map from the German Democratic Republic. The headphones are for my Ibanez Valbee guitar amp ;-) Some simplify tip once said "Store as many things as possible at the walls, for a free floor is a good requirement for a free head"... Here´s a pic of the little Valbee monster: http://www.musik-service.de/out/pictures/master/product/1/395752869_i00.jpg

Crackington

Thanks Libraraptor,

Its good that you're displaying these old pictures and your collection is a great mix of the old and new, I really enjoy seeing it.

I'm keeping my eyes out for a good print of "Duria Antiquior", Henry De La Beche's Victorian painting of the Jurassic Sea around Dorset UK. I love the grinning icthyosaurs and the sailing ammonites. Not sure if Mrs C will let me put it up though, particularly with the poohing plesiosaurs! Ah well, I have got one of Himmaapen's beautiful small prints (the Allosaurus) which he kindly gave us in the DTF London get-together the other year.

Nice guitar amp too. I used to have a 100 watt Vox bass amp in my old punk band days, used to sound really good through the usually ropey PAs we used to play through. We played a small stage at Glastonbury once and it got covered in mud, was never quite able to get it completely clean after. Looked cool though!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Crackington on May 06, 2013, 12:05:43 PM
Thanks Libraraptor,

Its good that you're displaying these old pictures and your collection is a great mix of the old and new, I really enjoy seeing it.

I'm keeping my eyes out for a good print of "Duria Antiquior", Henry De La Beche's Victorian painting of the Jurassic Sea around Dorset UK. I love the grinning icthyosaurs and the sailing ammonites. Not sure if Mrs C will let me put it up though, particularly with the poohing plesiosaurs! Ah well, I have got one of Himmaapen's beautiful small prints (the Allosaurus) which he kindly gave us in the DTF London get-together the other year.

Nice guitar amp too. I used to have a 100 watt Vox bass amp in my old punk band days, used to sound really good through the usually ropey PAs we used to play through. We played a small stage at Glastonbury once and it got covered in mud, was never quite able to get it completely clean after. Looked cool though!

I like what you write about your old punk band days! And I share your passion for "vintage" palaeoart. I also share your love for Himmapaan´s artwork. And now I know it was definitely not Burian who painted this picture. It was a certain "Heinz Dost"...

Crackington

Heinz Dost, just did a quick search on him and seems he was quite a prominent artist and illustrator in the DDR.

His best known work was in "Blumen in Wald und Flur" (by Eckart Miesner 1966), but it seems that his books are quite rare. Looks like you have some dino treasure there!

Libraraptor

Quote from: Crackington on May 08, 2013, 09:57:19 PM
Heinz Dost, just did a quick search on him and seems he was quite a prominent artist and illustrator in the DDR.

His best known work was in "Blumen in Wald und Flur" (by Eckart Miesner 1966), but it seems that his books are quite rare. Looks like you have some dino treasure there!

Wow, you did some research! Great! And so did I, and yes it´s true: He was quite a famous illustrator. His maps, dealing with recent and extinct animals, were released in the Volk und Wissen Volkseigener Verlag Berlin. He illustrated some highly appreciated books which turned out not to be that rare here in Germany: http://www.zvab.com/basicSearch.do?anyWords=heinz+dost&author=&title=&check_sn=on

Btw, Himmapaan: This topic could be of interest for you.

Libraraptor

I recently wrote a portrait of a local "garbage artist" for a lifestyle magazine. As a thank you he gave me his critical comment on modern times ;-)

Roselaar

That's both seriously disturbing and screamingly funny. :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Libraraptor

Bulky Brachios: Kleinwelka, Invicta unpainted, Larami, Invicta painted!

Everything_Dinosaur

An impressive collection, love the variety and I hear lots of interesting stories about how a certain model got found, chance discovery etc, always a delight to see collections such as this.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: