News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Libraraptor´s collection

Started by Libraraptor, March 17, 2012, 09:24:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

My godson is six years old and wanted me to show you his collection.  So here we go! As you see, I managed to infect him.

Crackington

What a great collection he has there avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor!   I suspect he may have had some help collecting them, the eclectic style reminds me of someone 😉

Halichoeres

Please congratulate your godson on a very advanced case of prehistoricosis! I see his dinosaurs have a sweet tooth.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Libraraptor

My godson is very proud of experts answering to his collection. As for myself, I am rediscovering the charme of vintage,  monochrome figures for the 100th or so time:

Shonisaurus

avatar_Libraraptor @Libraraptor What a beautiful collection sincerely as I have already commented in other threads and I know that it will not be the last time, the monochrome figures of retro vintage dinosaurs have a charm that matches in interest to the current well finished figures and I would even add that they have more charm since having taking into account the context of the time they were made and especially the material that I think was in many cases more resistant than plastics and PVC today and especially their "retro" finish make them even much more interesting and have a lot of merit . My congratulations for your photography and for the iguanodon figures. They are attractive and masterful.

Halichoeres

They look to be made of chocolate, white chocolate, and nougat respectively :)

The vintage lines really gave a lot of attention to ornithopods compared to today, didn't they?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 28, 2021, 09:31:38 PM
They look to be made of chocolate, white chocolate, and nougat respectively :)

The vintage lines really gave a lot of attention to ornithopods compared to today, didn't they?

They did. Nowadays ornithopods often do not seem to be attractive enough.  Bummer!

CityRaptor

Probably has to do with the fact that back then, there were less popular Theropds.  I mean, usually there was Tyrannosaurus and smaller, three-fingered Tyrannosaurus aka Allosaurus. Was actually talked about in this topic:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8610.msg262244#msg262244
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Halichoeres

Yes, I remember! Part of the pattern that's being reiterated here.

Bokisaurus

He is off to a good start, wonderful collection he has going :D

Libraraptor

Thank you,  everybody!  Here are my two Eofauna figures. Beautiful! They are alltime classics already.

Libraraptor

Three Entelodonts

Halichoeres

The EoFauna figures are beauties.

And that herd of entelodonts, terrifying.

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Libraraptor on March 30, 2021, 09:24:58 PM
... Here are my two Eofauna figures. Beautiful! They are alltime classics already.
Nice, but I thought you were more 'Vintage oriented' ...

CityRaptor

Quote from: Libraraptor on April 01, 2021, 11:38:45 AM
Three Entelodonts

These three little piggies found the big bad wolf rather tasty.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

BlueKrono

Love the entelodonts. That's my favorite of the Dino Rider line.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Libraraptor

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on April 02, 2021, 11:22:40 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on March 30, 2021, 09:24:58 PM
... Here are my two Eofauna figures. Beautiful! They are alltime classics already.
Nice, but I thought you were more 'Vintage oriented' ...

I am "cool figure " - oriented ;)
Quirky figures,  homeless figures,  but why deny high class figures?
Yeah, most vintage figures ARE cool, but not all cool figures are vintage  ^-^

Ezikot

I love the three entelodonts and the "biodiversity" of your collection.

Lanthanotus

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 02, 2021, 11:31:45 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on April 01, 2021, 11:38:45 AM
Three Entelodonts

These three little piggies found the big bad wolf rather tasty.

Made my day :D

...indeed a nice horde .. reminds me I do not have even one of that species.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Ezikot on April 03, 2021, 05:29:36 PM
I love the three entelodonts and the "biodiversity" of your collection.

"Biodiversity" - like this term connected to my collection 8)

And avatar_BlueKrono @BlueKrono - sorry for just understanding that piggy and wolf joke, now I get it, I like it. :)) :))

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: