News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Dioramas By Over9K

Started by Over9K, June 26, 2020, 02:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

SidB

Bread

Very nice photos avatar_Over9K @Over9K
I still need to pickup that Retrosaur. Although the prices on that have been $60+ from I've seen. Where did you pickup yours?

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on November 02, 2021, 04:45:56 PM
I still need to pickup that Retrosaur. Although the prices on that have been $60+ from I've seen. Where did you pickup yours?

I got him from Big Bad Toy Store, for ~$46. I think the total shipped with tax was like $54.

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on November 02, 2021, 09:57:20 PM
Quote from: Bread on November 02, 2021, 04:45:56 PM

I got him from Big Bad Toy Store, for ~$46. I think the total shipped with tax was like $54.
Thank you! I'll look into that.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Over9K @Over9K My congratulations on that Rebor retrosaur, it is a very beautiful figure and you have made, as other DTF members have commented, a great photography background, similar to that of the rocky mountains and it also reminds me of the film of the Gwangi valley in which they are They recorded scenes for the film in Cuenca in Spain, back in the day.

It would be interesting for Rebor to make a model of the cathedral where the prehistoric creature from said film dies, since this figure reminds me a lot of that dinosaur, although that great figure of Rebor obviously belongs to an ancient paleoartistic work.

Over9K

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 03, 2021, 01:11:03 PM
avatar_Over9K @Over9K My congratulations on that Rebor retrosaur, it is a very beautiful figure and you have made, as other DTF members have commented, a great photography background, similar to that of the rocky mountains and it also reminds me of the film of the Gwangi valley in which they are They recorded scenes for the film in Cuenca in Spain, back in the day.

It would be interesting for Rebor to make a model of the cathedral where the prehistoric creature from said film dies, since this figure reminds me a lot of that dinosaur, although that great figure of Rebor obviously belongs to an ancient paleoartistic work.

Thanks so much for your comments! I was trying to invoke Valley Of Gwangi and the 70's TV series Land Of The Lost with the backdrop. It is interesting to me that Gwangi was very much inspired by the Charles R. Knight painting that this figure takes its likeness from, as was the Tyrannosaur 'Grumpy' in Land Of The Lost, which allows the figure to bring people memories of those wonderful childhood days captivated by dinosaurs.

I'm anxious to see how the other retrosaurs turn out, the Invicta rex and the Harryhausen Ceratosaurus!

Over9K

Bread

Is that a V-Rex skull? It goes super well with that Predator, Wolf if I recall correctly. Lovely photo and perfect use of the two.

Over9K

Quote from: Bread on November 21, 2021, 05:49:53 AM
Is that a V-Rex skull? It goes super well with that Predator, Wolf if I recall correctly. Lovely photo and perfect use of the two.

That is indeed the Weta Workshop V-Rex skull, and thanks!

ceratopsian

Shonisaurus

The effect of exuberant vegetation and in general the whole photo is great, I congratulate you for your dioramas, surely if dinosaur diorama contests were to be published again, if the winner were not a clear candidate to be a finalist.

Over9K

SidB

Great celebration of the glory days of Papo, avatar_Over9K @Over9K , when they were really strutting their stuff. Well done.

Shonisaurus

Nice diorama with two great dinosaurs made to date the pentaceratops and the acrocanthosaurus, I am hopeful that Papo will be back on the right track when it comes to making successful dinosaurs.

Over9K

Quote from: SidB on November 26, 2021, 06:02:32 AM
Great celebration of the glory days of Papo, avatar_Over9K @Over9K , when they were really strutting their stuff. Well done.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 26, 2021, 03:51:52 PM
Nice diorama with two great dinosaurs made to date the pentaceratops and the acrocanthosaurus, I am hopeful that Papo will be back on the right track when it comes to making successful dinosaurs.

Thank you both! The recent disappointment in the Papo offerings for '22 did have the silver lining of giving me fresh perspective, and a new appreciation for their previous work! Papo was the company that brought me back into dinosaur collecting in my adult years. It's a real shame they've fallen into a period of unfulfilled potential. Hopefully they'll regain their footing, sooner rather than later.

Over9K

That's metaphor for you... Nanmu came up from behind Papo, and took  their head right off...

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Over9K on November 27, 2021, 01:48:23 PM

That's metaphor for you... Nanmu came up from behind Papo, and took  their head right off...
Just like how Avengers Endgame took the head off of Jurassic World
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Shonisaurus

Nice diorama of Papo's stegosaurus chased by Nanmu's ceratosaurus, indeed Nanmu surpassed Papo, the student surpassed his teacher in the quality of his works and we could add W-Dragon and even Rebor although obviously the price of the figures of all These dinosaur brands are usually much more expensive than the Papo figures.

Over9K

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: