News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jetoar´s Diorama (Reject from the contest).

Started by Jetoar, September 28, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetoar

Hello friends I share the photographs of my diorama and as i did the elments  ^-^.

Ferns ( I used clay, paper, paintings, superglue and wires ).

Unpainted ferns.

Painted ferns  :)).

Trees with detail and out details ( I used clay, branches, paintings and superglue ).

Painted tree with its branches  :).

Soil of my diorama ( I used sand and glue )  ^-^.

With first colors.

River  ( I have done it with glue ).

Close up of the river  ^-^.

And finally, images of my diorama of Isle of Wight ( Baryonyx, Neovenator and Iguanodons ) ^-^.

I hope that you like my photographs  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Coke

What the much envy gives me people who can do crafts so deftly! I wish I'd be so skilful!

I really like the photographs, especially this one, which I think is very cinematic, and it's like I think the dioramas should be ^-^

Quote from: Jetoar on September 28, 2012, 01:06:06 PM

Jetoar

Thanks friend  ^-^. I was thinking to put this photograph instead the another photograph. I worked hard to do this diorama because it has lot of elements
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

Gwangi

I love the creativity and obvious hard work you put into this. What kind of glue do you use for the water?

ZoPteryx

Very nice work Jetoar!  The river and plants looked so good I originally though they were part of a premade kit! :o

Jetoar

Quote from: Zopteryx on September 29, 2012, 01:48:49 AM
Very nice work Jetoar!  The river and plants looked so good I originally though they were part of a premade kit! :o

Thanks friend  ^-^. I am glad with your reply. I did the escene and the elements for this contest but I play wargames and i use this trees and plants for this games as scenography  :)).

Jetoar

Quote from: Gwangi on September 28, 2012, 09:53:20 PM
I love the creativity and obvious hard work you put into this. What kind of glue do you use for the water?

Thanks Gwangi  ^-^.  I have done lot of hours to do the diorama because I like it and I use the elements for wargames and for another dioramas. I use a universal glue that it is transparent, I will share images of the glue for you help  :).

DC

I like the dioramas.  Good thread.  What kind of paper did you use?  The glue? 
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Jetoar

Quote from: DC on November 11, 2012, 01:36:39 AM
I like the dioramas.  Good thread.  What kind of paper did you use?  The glue?

Thanks friend!  You aks me for the paper of back? I used clear glue to do the water.

DC

Paper for the plants looks extra thick.  brand of glue.  I use the Elmers gel but it takes several layers.  I teach a diorama class in the summer and always looking for new ideas.

tanks Randy
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Jetoar

Quote from: DC on November 12, 2012, 02:29:45 AM
Paper for the plants looks extra thick.  brand of glue.  I use the Elmers gel but it takes several layers.  I teach a diorama class in the summer and always looking for new ideas.

tanks Randy

For the little plants I used carboard and after I painted with green paintures and for trees I used twigs. The brand of the glue is Pritt  ^-^. I hope that helps.

docronnie

Very very nice diorama! Thanks for sharing your techniques!  :)
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

You're quite good at building dioramas :) Are you planning on entering the contest this year, too?

Battatitan

Excellent diorama, Jetoar! Thanks for posting images of the making process. I myself would love to start making proper dioramas like these.
I look forward to seeing this year's entry!  :D

Jetoar

Thanks friends for your words and yes, I will to enter to the contest this year  ^-^.

Jetoar

Hello again friends  this is my making of my diorama of this year  ^-^.

I used a cleaer box and  I put stones, sand I put  my figures inside with water.

I used corals of plastic, Sharks of Playvision, fishes and mareine invertebrates of Playmobil and a WWD Opthalmosaurus of Bureguer King.

And after of Photoshop, it is the final result  ^-^.

Georassic

all the more impressive that you make the plants yourself! Amazing craftwork!

Jetoar

Quote from: Georassic on November 01, 2013, 08:45:22 PM
all the more impressive that you make the plants yourself! Amazing craftwork!

Thanks friend, I worked very hard one year ago  ^-^.

Georassic

and this year's was just plain imaginative...and brave to shoot through actual water.

Simon

Fantastic work - if the models were just a little more realistic I think you would have finished with more votes.  You may have overexposed the photo a bit - the fuzziness of the original is closer to what a distant underwater view would look like in real life - and would have helped to hide the creature models' lack of detail a little bit ...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: