News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Schleich - New for 2021

Started by Dinoxels, September 24, 2020, 10:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

Those Pterosaurs are pretty alright. Honestly, they're about on the same level as some of the older safari Pterosaurs. I probably won't get them, though, I don't want to waste my money on playset stuff I won't be using.

Arctinus

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 09, 2020, 04:02:59 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 09, 2020, 03:27:13 PM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro I don't see the photograph.

I see it just fine here. Is it still not showing?

I can see the photo.  :D

And I agree, the pterosaurs look ok, but most likely won't get them, since I one of those collectors that collect a single figure of each species (unless there's a male/female/offspring etc.). And let's face it, they're Schleich. :P

Flaffy

Surprisingly decent from Schleich.
Did not expect Schleich to make a Tapejara and Tupuxuara(?) at all.

Duna

Quote from: Ikessauro on November 09, 2020, 03:25:50 PM
The actual Pachycephalosaurus, in case someone here doesn't have Facebook. I agree, the jaw looks pretty bad.

Ooh my ... What happened to the head, and neck?
And the Dracorex which is a masterpiece ... has to "share" the same colours with this ....
Dracorex, Kentrosaurus and Oviraptor (which I'll buy in my next order) are my only figures from this brand and they may be for a long time if they continue this way ...

PrimevalRaptor

Well that is a pleasant surprise, the wings on the Tupuxuara are a bit overtextured for my taste, but otherwise those are really neat, especially given what Schleich pterosaurs usually look like nowadays! Very nice species choice as well, even if they're not that unique. Just sucks that they're in those playsets.

And that Pachycephalosaurus head still seems pretty weird in that photo, kind of a step down from the Dracorex.

Takama

Those Pterosaurs are amazing

Too bad they force us to shell out the cash for some other Worthless stuff to get them ::).

Unless they sell them seperatly in the second part of the year, im not touching them with a ten foot stick

Irritation

I love the pterosaurs in these sets. Love the Tapejara though I don't know what species the other creature is. If I get these sets, I'll probably repaint the humans into something cooler like secret agents or something.

Shonisaurus

avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Now I see the pachycephalosaurus, I said the jaw is not as I would expect it is the weak part of that dinosaur, the dracorex is much better, taking into account that this figure was revealed years before.

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Completely agree with you. On the other hand, I will have to buy the human figures to have those pterosaurs sincerely, what Schleich does with people is a bit of blackmail, in the sense that if you want the pterosaurs you have to buy the set, but everything will depend on how it is expensive, I prefer to buy figures from PNSO and wait for said pterosaur figures to be sold individually. In my case I want to have common sense and not risk money in a crazy way.

Szajmin

According to

https://www.spielzeug-guenstig.de/

prices for pterosaurs sets are 17,99 EUR and 29,99 EUR.

Shonisaurus

These pterosaurus are honestly interesting although it does not specify what type of pterosaurus they belong to. On the other hand the sizes at first glance seem small, and on the other hand and that is the bad news is that these pterosaurs must be bought with the entire set. I suppose that individually those pterosaurs would cost a lot less money than what those Schleich boxes offer.

On the other hand, those pterosaurs are very well made and honestly they leave their pteranodon counterpart in shame. It is undoubtedly an absolute improvement when it comes to making new figures for the Schleich brand.

Takama

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 09, 2020, 07:47:21 PM
avatar_Ikessauro @Ikessauro Now I see the pachycephalosaurus, I said the jaw is not as I would expect it is the weak part of that dinosaur, the dracorex is much better, taking into account that this figure was revealed years before.

avatar_DragonRider02 @DragonRider02 Completely agree with you. On the other hand, I will have to buy the human figures to have those pterosaurs sincerely, what Schleich does with people is a bit of blackmail, in the sense that if you want the pterosaurs you have to buy the set, but everything will depend on how it is expensive, I prefer to buy figures from PNSO and wait for said pterosaur figures to be sold individually. In my case I want to have common sense and not risk money in a crazy way.

What if they Do not come out individually, and this is the only way to buy them?   Schleich is known for keeping certain figures "Set Exclusive"

Szajmin

Quoteit does not specify what type of pterosaurus they belong to

To be honest - so what?

I mean one can say they are Tapejara and Tupuxuara and it would be fine.

I guess schleich could say it is not Tapejara  but Bakonydraco or Shenzhoupterus and get bonus point for obscure spieces,
On the other hand schleich could say it is not  Tupuxuara but  Quetzalcoatlus and it will be one of the worst Quetzalcoatlus on market.

But at the end of the day it will only be a name in their catalogue (or box), nothing more.

Dinoxels

Nice to see the rounded wingtips on the Pterosaurs. Someone at Schleich did their research ( for once!  ::))
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

CityRaptor

Probably ripped off some graphic with rounded wingtips.

Okay, those for sure are nice looking, but I'm not really interested in buying a set full of useless junk for a single figure that only makes such a small part of it.
For some reason I also now imagine the jetpack and copter crashing into each other while chasing the Pterosaurs ( who escape unharmed )...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Szajmin

So my buy list from schleich:
Kaprosuchus (for sure)
Mosasaurus (for sure, i still like it for some reason)
Jetpack tracking set (yes)
Attack from the Air (yes)

Brontosaurus (maybe)
Ceratosaurus (maybe, but probably not, i would buy from some other company like papo or safari)

Loon

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 09, 2020, 10:22:42 PM
...I'm not really interested in buying a set full of useless junk for a single figure that only makes such a small part of it...

Same for me, at best the Pterosaurs are pretty ok, but I don't see anything exceptional about them. Especially if these sets are going to be $20-30 as I imagine there are.

PrimevalRaptor

Man those are some hefty prices, kind of a shame since the pterosaurs on their own would have been neat to have but well. At least we got other options for Tapejara and Tupuxuara if they don't get released later on their own.

Flaffy

Those prices are an absolute joke for what Schleich delivers.

Guess I'll be saving my money then  O:-).

Sarapaurolophus

Quote from: DragonRider02 on November 09, 2020, 03:42:45 PM
Those pterosaurs look really good, especially for Schleich (and compared to their previous two attempts...) I absolutely love the colors on that Tapejara!
BUT! I am really pissed off I will have to get an entire set with those terrible human figures just to get them!

Hard agree. The human figs make the sets really unattractive to me despite having nice animal sculpts.

Szajmin

I guess you can always give (or sell) the human figures to some one.
I mean maybe you know some one who likes toys, but not nesesery dinosaurs.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: