News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd - New for 2021

Started by Halichoeres, October 05, 2020, 03:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Could the Tyrannosaur be Appalachiosaurus? Even the more modern takes on it give it fairly long arms for a Tyrannosaur.

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on October 05, 2020, 10:31:04 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on October 05, 2020, 09:59:14 PM
Going by silhouettes he two Fantasy ones do not seem to be particularily Retro.

Thats true. I thought of the Dinosaurs in my 90s Kidsbooks. Like a Schleich Figure. Maybe just a more toyisch appearance.

The description for both says:
"This figure puts a fantastical spin on an iconic creature, ready to do battle with its mortal enemy!"
So I think it is something else.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roar

There is also a horse figure, could it perhaps be a quagga? Edit it isn't it is stated as wildlife. My bad. But can't wait to see more of the new ones
Onwards to adventure!

Stegotyranno420

I just wish they'd show the figure instead of teasing us. Especially if we have high hopes, then we are let down by the hopefull not terrible final product

Bokisaurus

Quote from: suspsy on October 05, 2020, 09:05:37 PM
So . . . who else strongly suspects that both Safari and CollectA have a new Spinosaurus in store for 2021?

As for Daspletosaurus, that would be wonderful. The only one I presently own is the goofy but endearing CollectA version. There's also going to be the one from Beasts of the Mesozoic, but that could well end up being a 2022 release.

I hope these are the only three theropods in the 2021 assortment. I'd like to see more plant eaters.

I have a feeling CollectA will also update their spino😃

ceratopsian

I too would rather see the full figure than be teased.  I'm sure Safari won't produce anything terrible - it's a very reliable firm - but I just like to know now!

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 06, 2020, 06:16:16 PM
I just wish they'd show the figure instead of teasing us. Especially if we have high hopes, then we are let down by the hopefull not terrible final product

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: ceratopsian on October 06, 2020, 06:32:24 PM
I too would rather see the full figure than be teased.  I'm sure Safari won't produce anything terrible - it's a very reliable firm - but I just like to know now!

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 06, 2020, 06:16:16 PM
Honestly 2020 was a big letdown. Never thought id have all of the schleich figures of a year rather than the safari ones.

CityRaptor

I think you might have mixed up companies.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

bmathison1972

Quote from: CityRaptor on October 06, 2020, 07:28:09 PM
I think you might have mixed up companies.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing.

Loon

I would prefer a more obscure Tyrannosaur honestly, but if it ends up being an Albertosaurus, I wouldn't mind.

Loon

Quote from: Stegotyranno on October 06, 2020, 06:46:56 PM
Honestly 2020 was a big letdown. Never thought id have all of the schleich figures of a year rather than the safari ones.

I didn't care for everything Safari put out this year, especially not some of the theropods, but even a figure as weak as the Concavenator (IMO) is still leagues better than anything Schleich put out this year.

Stegotyranno420

Halichoeres

Well, there's no accounting for taste.

I think the Daspletosaurus hypothesis is persuasive, I'm changing my guess accordingly.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

suspsy

Some people would rather eat McDonald's than a nice grilled steak with potatoes.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

True, if you would "shock". you'd best be prepared to be shocked in return. Then, "de gustibus non est disputandum" - "beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Loon

Quote from: suspsy on October 06, 2020, 10:22:40 PM
Some people would rather eat McDonald's than a nice grilled steak with potatoes.

Analogy aside, I am very much one of these people when it comes to food. Yes, I am that disgusting.

Gwangi

Quote from: Loon on October 07, 2020, 12:01:10 AM

Analogy aside, I am very much one of these people when it comes to food. Yes, I am that disgusting.

Can I swap the McDonalds for a pizza and wings? If so then I'm also one of those people.

I don't even remember what Schleich released this year, that should tell you something.

Takama

Quote from: Gwangi on October 07, 2020, 12:19:56 AM
Quote from: Loon on October 07, 2020, 12:01:10 AM

Can I swap the McDonalds for a pizza and wings? If so then I'm also one of those people.

I don't even remember what Schleich released this year, that should tell you something.

Baryonyx
Cryolophosaurus
Postosuchus
Agustinia
Ankylosaurus

there, I pointlessly told you what they released this past year, :))

and i have more Schleich Dinosaurs then Safari at this time.

Ceratosaurus blogspot

I think it's a carcharodontosaurus, not some tyrannosaurus species

suspsy

Quote from: Ceratosaurus blogspot on October 07, 2020, 02:30:28 AM
I think it's a carcharodontosaurus, not some tyrannosaurus species

Safari wouldn't do another Carcharodontosaurus after only five years, not when there are scores of other theropods that have never received a toy. Besides, that clue they gave basically locks it as a tyrannosaur. Carcharodontosaurus doesn't have any relatives that were significantly larger.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Mattyonyx

A Daspletosaurus would be the first to feature the facial skin fro the new discoveries, that could be interesting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: