News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maritimer

The toenails / claws appear to be painted (kind of want to see an in-hand photo or two), but in a more pleasing grey, similar to the osteoderms / spikes for the Ankylosaurus, Sauropelta or other thyreophorans.

~B.

suspsy

Damn. PNSO WILL NOT LET UP.

https://www.facebook.com/814219578676241/posts/4036149529816547/?d=n

Okay, Andrea. Here's hoping you're cheaper than Wilson.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Over9K

PNSO: *SIGH* Well, the new Wilson is out there, and now we can't make another new T.rex for a while.

Nanmu: Hold my beer. *BAM* Boy rex/Girl rex.

PNSO:

SRF

So Wilson gets a girlfriend. Not so unexpected since they released that artwork with two Tyrannosaurs somewhere early in 2020. I wonder if this one will be in that lying position, but I guess not if we look at the teaser images that Paleofiguras posted on their Facebook page.

Looking at this image, I wonder if the scale detail will be as minute as on their last models. It seems to be a bit in the same style as Wilson.

Also it will be in the Museum line (it's stated as a scientific art model like the others) and the price is the same as Wilsons. Since it's a female my guess is it will be based on Sue and therefore it will be bigger and much chunkier than Wilson, so it makes sense that the price is the same. Still expensive though, but I'll probably order it at release.

But today, I'm just being father

Bokisaurus

That was fast!🤣
Looking forward to seeing photos of it hopefully soon!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Over9K on July 01, 2021, 03:49:41 AM
PNSO: *SIGH* Well, the new Wilson is out there, and now we can't make another new T.rex for a while.

Nanmu: Hold my beer. *BAM* Boy rex/Girl rex.

PNSO:
the Namnu is a completely different market. Ain't got nowt to do with PNSO

I hope this isn't the reclining Tyrannosaurid and they're going for the standing male reclining female stereotype.
When I bought the new Wilson I always saw it as temporary until another company did one with more accurate integument and/or teeth. Wasn't expecting this so soon though. And I was waiting for Eofauna
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Over9K

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 01, 2021, 08:52:54 AMthe Namnu is a completely different market. Ain't got nowt to do with PNSO

You<---------------------------------->The Point

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Not really, it's a joke, but you're implying PNSO are in competition with Namnu
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 01, 2021, 09:39:39 AM

I don't think he is. But generally speaking, they are in competition with each other.

Over9K

Quote from: SRF on July 01, 2021, 09:46:46 AM

I don't think he is. But generally speaking, they are in competition with each other.

I'm not, and yeah, they are. My point was about the burgeoning trend of sexual dimorphism in the world of dinosaur figures and toys.

Shonisaurus

That is interesting! I would like PNSO to launch into prehistoric animal families and start with dinosaurs, it is a very good sign that they are making a female tyrannosaurus. I dream of families not only of dinosaurs but of prehistoric animals, like today's toy companies and old ones like Elastolin make farm animals and wild animals.

SRF

I do feel that PNSO should slow down a bit. Sure this Rex won't be available for the next couple of weeks yet, but here I am waiting for my Tarbo, Torvo and Yutyrannus which can arrive any day now, and already I'm looking forward more to their next offering with this Rex.  :o

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Quote from: Over9K on July 01, 2021, 09:57:44 AM

I'm not, and yeah, they are. My point was about the burgeoning trend of sexual dimorphism in the world of dinosaur figures and toys.
and I'm saying PNSO are making animal figures and Namnu are making unlicensed movie monsters so they don't compare in any sense. PNSO doing it because museums have male and female animal mounts whereas Namnu doing it to sell characters.

SRF

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on July 01, 2021, 10:26:55 AM
Quote from: Over9K on July 01, 2021, 09:57:44 AM

and I'm saying PNSO are making animal figures and Namnu are making unlicensed movie monsters so they don't compare in any sense. PNSO doing it because museums have male and female animal mounts whereas Namnu doing it to sell characters.

To you and everyone here maybe. There's a whole world outside this forum with people who buy dinosaur models and T. Rex in particular. To them, the PNSO and Nanmu Rexes are just two models to choose from if they want to buy a new one.

Dinoxels

Hmm, I wonder who that gal in the top right is.... ;)

(brightened)
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

suspsy

I fail to see how PNSO is copying anything Nanmu does. The latter most assuredly did not pioneer the concept of male and female versions of the same genus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on July 01, 2021, 10:13:42 AM
That is interesting! I would like PNSO to launch into prehistoric animal families and start with dinosaurs, it is a very good sign that they are making a female tyrannosaurus. I dream of families not only of dinosaurs but of prehistoric animals, like today's toy companies and old ones like Elastolin make farm animals and wild animals.
My thought too. Perhaps a trend may be emerging (albeit very slowly) with the new Bieber and Rook.

Gwangi

I think ya'll are taking OverK9's joke a bit too seriously. And I took it to mean something like "hey, Nanmu did this, that's a good idea, we can do it too", not as one company trying to compete or steal the idea of another.

Anyway, unless this new T. rex fixes the problems I have with Wilson, I won't be interested. If it's more similar to the Tarbosaurus, well that's another story. Naturally I also would have preferred a different species than another T. rex.

Bread

I always like the concept of an animal figure resting or "sitting." It is different and unique, but again is it worth the price? I'll have to see more images but this could be a pass :/

Psittacoraptor

Now this is a surprise. If Andrea is based on Sue, they should have just called her Sue. Personally, I'd prefer her to have the same style of scalation as Wilson, otherwise it might look off if they're displayed together. It's weird that all they showed was a silhouette when preorders in China are starting today. Who orders a figure without having seen what it looks like? I'm very interested in the pose and colouration of Andrea. Hopefully, they make them stand out from each other, and not too similar. At least the pose in avatar_Dinoxels @Dinoxels ' image looks different enough.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: