News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stegotyranno420

avatar_JimoAi @JimoAi on the topic of strethced out length, why dont they also give the stretched length on figures by default

postsaurischian

Dinoguy2

Quote from: suspsy on January 10, 2021, 04:01:21 AM
Here's a comparison with Gregory Paul's reconstruction from the Princeton Field Guide to Dinosaurs.

Looking at a bunch of fossil specimen photos and diagrams this morning, I think Paul's skeletal is off and the PNSO model is closer to being accurate. Most specimens show that the posterior cervical half ring right in front of the shoulder is about half the width of the pelvis. So the neck area wouldn't be nearly as skinny compared to the rump as Paul shows, unless this is based on a particular specimen I'm not seeing, and in either case, that would just mean the PNSO is a more typical looking Pinacosaurus. If Paul's is accurate it must either be a different species or an extreme ontogenetic morph. The subadults found in situ and articulated clearly have a more teardrop shape. Nothing wrong with a model based on a subadult, especially if those are better represented.
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Flaffy

In hand pics (Pinacosaurus):
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7189940229
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7190073368

While the patterns on the back looks good, the paint on the flanks feel a bit sloppy. Expected slightly better for the price they're asking.
PNSO seems to be getting real comfortable with these premium prices, whilst delivering figures that often come with significant paint scuffs.

Takama

Added Bart Simpson the Pinacosaurus to the First Post

Baryonyx

Yes I don't understand why the prices jumped up, (since the Sinoceratops release as far as I remember) and stayed that high with each release.  Especially the price on Wilson. In any case, in case people haven't seen, the pinacosaurus available form My Online Toy Store where it is a bit cheaper:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002025175818.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.72a978d8espYJC&algo_pvid=cad9145f-534f-4737-ba79-0acc0aba461e&algo_expid=cad9145f-534f-4737-ba79-0acc0aba461e-0&btsid=2100bdd816104852891858995e5d3a&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Duna

Oh, it's years away from the prototype paint. But not as bad as the Borealopelta, which is almost a joke of the prototype. I can't understand why they can't have such a good painting aplication as the non expensive Sede the ankylosaurus, which is a masterpiece.

Bread

The final product is somewhat disappointing. I usually expect PNSO's final products to lack their prototype's paint applications. However, this one definitely could have turned out better.

Still going to order it since its not often we get an obscure genus (or a genus lacking a figure). Sadly, I ordered this one earlier, and did not see that My Online Toy Store has it cheaper than Model Toy Store. Oh well....

Edit: I noticed that compared to the Boreopelta and Sauropelta, there is a wash/paint scheme on the armor and spikes of the Pinacosaurus. Maybe that is why the price is high? Although, the Ankylosaurus has a wash/paint scheme on its armor.

Dinoxels

Finally got an order update on my PNSO Carno, he has shipped!
How long does it usually take for Dan's Dinosaurs PNSO orders to arrive?
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Bread

Quote from: Dinoxels on January 13, 2021, 10:05:32 AM
Usually 3-4 weeks.

Dinoxels

Quote from: Bread on January 13, 2021, 11:26:03 AM
Quote from: Dinoxels on January 13, 2021, 10:05:32 AM
Usually 3-4 weeks.
Thanks!
Most (if not all) Rebor figures are mid

Wallnut

İf they realese a barosaurus it will be amazing last time kaiyodo produced in early 1990's (I am not talking about resin models.)İt is not fragmentary but the chances are very low.

Bread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLZSvByycco
Here is a link to a review of the PNSO Carnotaurus.
The reviewer has a previous video that shows an unboxing of the figure. They mention that they ordered the figure from Amazon, and I am pretty shocked that they received their figure that quick.
Here is my assessment of the figure: Stability seems rather good, although we never know how long this could last. Luckily we could always rely on the clear plastic stand. Color scheme seems pretty close to the promotional images. However, the grey/black paint is on the teeth of the reviewer's figure. I can see this being an issue for many owners of this figure, but I am hoping this is not on all figures. Also, look how wide the articulated jaw can open! I am pretty happy with this, because my Tyrannosaurus can hardly open its mouth. I do love the pose, probably my favorite thing about this figure.

Ravonium

These new large PNSO figures have been a bit overwhelming for me to be honest, however that Pinacosaurus is absolutely gorgeous.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Triton TR on January 13, 2021, 12:56:44 PM
İf they realese a barosaurus it will be amazing last time kaiyodo produced in early 1900's (I am not talking about resin models.)İt is not fragmentary but the chances are very low.
Wait, hold up. So you are saying the last time a non resin model or figure of barosaurus was made was the early 1900s. Or do you mean something else.

Flaffy

The PNSO Carnotaurus's skull looks very thin.

Wallnut

Quote from: Stegotyranno on January 13, 2021, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: Triton TR on January 13, 2021, 12:56:44 PM
İf they realese a barosaurus it will be amazing last time kaiyodo produced in early 1900's (I am not talking about resin models.)İt is not fragmentary but the chances are very low.
Wait, hold up. So you are saying the last time a non resin model or figure of barosaurus was made was the early 1900s. Or do you mean something else.

By a specific company not a chinasaur  and I mean early not 1990's.

Sim

On at least the Qianzhousaurus and Pinacosaurus PNSO has painted the area around the cloaca a different colour.  I wish they wouldn't do that.  It's something I hate in figures and it stops me getting them.

Carnoking

Anyone have any guesses for this week's figure?

SenSx

Quote from: Carnoking on January 15, 2021, 09:33:18 PM
Anyone have any guesses for this week's figure?

Not guess but wish: Parasaurolophus or Pachycephalosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: