News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: suspsy on October 03, 2021, 07:37:35 PM
I reckon I will also hold out and see what CollectA and Safari's 2022 wares are, but I reckon PNSO may well force me to break my previous declaration that I was done with them. Shoot, I just got an Amazon gift card for my 43rd birthday today anyway.  :)
Congrats on your 43rd and thanks for your many ongoing contributions to the DTB/DTF community. Personally, I've always enjoyed reading your DTB reviews over the years.

Sim

suspsy

Quote from: SidB on October 03, 2021, 10:19:02 PM
Quote from: suspsy on October 03, 2021, 07:37:35 PM
I reckon I will also hold out and see what CollectA and Safari's 2022 wares are, but I reckon PNSO may well force me to break my previous declaration that I was done with them. Shoot, I just got an Amazon gift card for my 43rd birthday today anyway.  :)
Congrats on your 43rd and thanks for your many ongoing contributions to the DTB/DTF community. Personally, I've always enjoyed reading your DTB reviews over the years.

Thanks!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Fembrogon

Well, PNSO has my attention again - although I'm still way behind on my wish list of their figures. It's great to see a unique species again.

Medzo

Quote from: Mellow Stego on October 03, 2021, 05:47:16 PM
If the seams are that visible on the promotional images it makes me worry about the final product.

Exactly my thoughts. Anyway the figure itself is very compelling, good to see more non-dinosaur prehistoric animals getting attention. As a newcomer collector I'm still thinking on getting Patton first. Do you guys think that the newer marine models have evolved in quality since that one?

Gothmog the Baryonyx

avatar_suspsy @suspsy happy belated birthday, I actually meant to say so on Facebook, but things happen.

Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

suspsy

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on October 04, 2021, 07:10:27 PM
avatar_suspsy @suspsy happy belated birthday, I actually meant to say so on Facebook, but things happen.

Thanks!

Rivera2171

Quote from: Medzo on October 04, 2021, 06:11:14 PM
Quote from: Mellow Stego on October 03, 2021, 05:47:16 PM
If the seams are that visible on the promotional images it makes me worry about the final product.

Exactly my thoughts. Anyway the figure itself is very compelling, good to see more non-dinosaur prehistoric animals getting attention. As a newcomer collector I'm still thinking on getting Patton first. Do you guys think that the newer marine models have evolved in quality since that one?

They have definitely evolved in overall quality. Patton is an excellent first choice...

Faras

NO. 56 Livyatan store page: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=656511586517

Hmm guess I'll skip Yang Yang style stories from now on... :P

$42.99, mainland China release at 0:00, 6th Oct +8GMT (global release should be a bit earlier or later).

Scale is about 1:45, 16.5m 57t individual (36.6cm along curves).

Yes it's hollow again.

Livyatan is distant relative of sperm whale, so it has similar big head (maybe it's why eye position seems a bit too high - judging from pics the skull has an angle like sperm whale's, tho they didn't mention it here). Livyatan has thicker skins, so less skin folds compared to sperm whale.

Pics:
Spoiler

[close]

Bread

Thanks for the pics and info avatar_Faras @Faras
Again, weird how the artwork is so different from the actual figure, mainly about the eye position on this one.
I really like this one, hope PNSO continue with these figures, even though the seam lines are an issue for some.

Happy Birthday avatar_suspsy @suspsy, sorry if this is a late message.

suspsy

Quote from: Bread on October 05, 2021, 01:33:27 AM
Thanks for the pics and info avatar_Faras @Faras
Again, weird how the artwork is so different from the actual figure, mainly about the eye position on this one.
I really like this one, hope PNSO continue with these figures, even though the seam lines are an issue for some.

Happy Birthday avatar_suspsy @suspsy, sorry if this is a late message.

Thanks!

JimoAi

Quote from: Faras on October 04, 2021, 11:58:41 PM
NO. 56 Livyatan store page: https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=656511586517

Hmm guess I'll skip Yang Yang style stories from now on... :P

$42.99, mainland China release at 0:00, 6th Oct +8GMT (global release should be a bit earlier or later).

Scale is about 1:45, 16.5m 57t individual (36.6cm along curves).

Yes it's hollow again.

Livyatan is distant relative of sperm whale, so it has similar big head (maybe it's why eye position seems a bit too high - judging from pics the skull has an angle like sperm whale's, tho they didn't mention it here). Livyatan has thicker skins, so less skin folds compared to sperm whale.

Pics:
Spoiler

[close]
Are you sure 1:45 is the scale for a female? Am still finding the size of a female livyatan

Faras

My pleasure :) sorry for not translating everything, too much story stuffs  :o

Quote from: Bread on October 05, 2021, 01:33:27 AM

Hmm Zhao rarely draws mammals so the drawing could be ancient (I remember seeing some of the dino booklet pics in a 2013 book) whereas figues are generally up to date. The teeth is parallel to upper lip in drawing, but in figure the teeth in front is closer to lip, so skull position is probably like this:

Quote from: JimoAi on October 05, 2021, 06:27:07 AM
Are you sure 1:45 is the scale for a female? Am still finding the size of a female livyatan

They stated it's a 16.5 meters individual, and length along curves of the figure is 36.6cm, so scale would be around 1:45 yeah. Tho ofc we can also regard it as a 1:35 13m individual  :)

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

suspsy

I'm torn between purchasing the Livyataan now and waiting to see what CollectA and Safari have for 2022. Although I've heard that the former won't be starting their reveals until the middle of November this year instead of right at the start.

Bread

Quote from: suspsy on October 05, 2021, 10:20:21 PM
I'm torn between purchasing the Livyataan now and waiting to see what CollectA and Safari have for 2022. Although I've heard that the former won't be starting their reveals until the middle of November this year instead of right at the start.
I think it really is safe to wait. I doubt this one will go out of stock so fast, followed by never receiving any future production runs. Take a look at their mid 2020 models, all are still being sold and in stock except old Beiber of course since it has a newer edition.

Faras

Quote from: suspsy on October 05, 2021, 10:20:21 PM

Yeah as Bread said it's prolly safe to wait, first batch of figures should last till next year so little chance of paint downgrade etc. Biggest sale in China is around early - mid Nov, maybe they'd throw in some discounts for global market too (another chance during Black Friday by end of Nov).

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

PNSO haven't made any prehistoric crocodilians, I do believe they could make an incredible one, a Deinosuchus or Sarcosuchus will be nice to see from them.

Thialfi

As much as I love this model and sculpt, these seams are really quite tough on the eyes :(

Thanks to Paleofiguras for the image

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: