News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bread

Quote from: Over9K on November 03, 2021, 07:06:31 PM
Beautiful figure! Those seams are nicely minimized, IMO. I do wish it was a little bit more toward the Bronze in color, I feel like the promo photos had shown that. In all, can't wait to have it in hand!
Agreed. Overall a nice figure, but just wish it had a closer color to the promotional images.

Carnoking

I think that brings me up to speed on recent dinosaur releases from PNSO. I've certainly been appreciating their shift in focus to marine life as it's given me a bit of a break, but I am sorely tempted to get some of those as well!

Bread

Quote from: Carnoking on November 03, 2021, 11:49:13 PM

I think that brings me up to speed on recent dinosaur releases from PNSO. I've certainly been appreciating their shift in focus to marine life as it's given me a bit of a break, but I am sorely tempted to get some of those as well!
Those two look very nice together, probably because their similar color pallet. However, kind of disappointing on how small that Mamenchisaurus is for a $60+ figure meanwhile that Olorotitan is about $40. I think the Mamenchisaurus should be $40 meanwhile that Olorotitan $23-$33 at the most.

Anyways, very nice pickups avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking

Carnoking

I certainly agree on the price. The Mamenchisaurus does come with all that beautiful artwork though, which does somewhat help to justify the price tag but at the end of the day, yeah they're both a bit much despite their merits.
I was initially planning to wait to see if there was some sort of holiday sale for these two but with the all the supply chain stuff going on I decided I'd just better get them while there was still stock.

Shonisaurus

I would like to buy the olorotitan, helicoprion, sinoceratops, mamenchisaurus that is to say all the dinosaurs of PNSO but due to my economic situation caused by the death of my two parents I can only afford one or two luxuries of buying dinosaurs and others prehistoric animals once or twice a year, which is true that those PNSO dinosaurs are very expensive, but if there are DTF members who can afford that luxury, honestly, it is still something laudable and plausible since apart from a privilege to same time gift of life collecting expensive figures such as the dinosaurs of PNSO, Nanmu, W-Dragon, Favorite, Rebor, Kaiyodo or BoTM to give several examples, it is an art and sincerely it is something that indicates from my opinion that it has a excellent taste

I said focusing on the subject dinosaurs are expensive (they are not excessively expensive) but the quality of the product deserves it.

Rivera2171

I unfortunately recently purchased the old version just like barely a few months before they announced the new one. The new version is a far superior product visually.

Ivántirrophus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 04, 2021, 02:47:37 PM
I would like to buy the olorotitan, helicoprion, sinoceratops, mamenchisaurus that is to say all the dinosaurs of PNSO but due to my economic situation caused by the death of my two parents

avatar_Shonisaurus @Shonisaurus   I'm sorry for your loss.  Please, accept my condolences.

Shonisaurus

I @Ivántirrophus Thank you for your words, even though it has been a long time. What I mean is that I cannot afford to lead the life I led before my parents passed away since I cannot waste money for what might happen. Now I have many expenses that my parents did not have (water, electricity / gas, telephone, studies) and I have to keep my feet on the ground. That is what I wanted to refer to, not to shame. Honestly, I really like the figures from PNSO, Nanmu Studio, BoTM (especially ceratopsids), W-Dragon or Rebor but today I have to look more for myself than for the dinosaurs that I like so much.

Leaving this, the helicoprihon, livyatan, sinoceratops, machiroceratops, tarbosaurus or other figures are beautiful, but honestly to buy all those figures you need a lot of money (a rather bulky checkbook) and a lot of space.

stoneage

Quote from: Rivera2171 on November 07, 2021, 04:02:09 PM
I unfortunately recently purchased the old version just like barely a few months before they announced the new one. The new version is a far superior product visually.
[/quote)

It's funny how when you buy the best figure out there, the next week a long comes a better one.

dinofelid

Quote from: modelnut on September 03, 2021, 11:27:33 PM
I just got my PNSO Dunkleosteus and I am pretty pleased. But when trying to figure out the scale of PNSO's new Zaha the Dunkleosteus I tracked down the lastest depiction of what the fish might have looked like and its size. The figure is 10 inches long. The creature is an estimated 20 feet long at most. That gives us a scale of 1/24 --- FANTASTIC! That's my favorite scale. But. What about PNSO's proportions? The armor and skull on the figure is 2.5 inches long. That is 1/4 of the figure's length. But in the figure from the 2017 paper the armor and head make up only 1/3 of Dunkleosteus' length. If we use that as our base then Zaha is 26.6 feet long and the scale is 1/32 scale. Hmmm. Dealer's choice. PNSO doesn't specify. You buy the figure and decide for yourself.

P.S. The paper gives Dunkleosteus size as 8.79 meters or 28.83 feet not 6 meters or 20 feet. In that case the PNSO would be 11.72 meters or 38.44 feet long. That would give us a scale of 1/45 (1/46).
Does anyone know the size of just the armored section of the real Dunkleosteus terrelli, leaving out the question of the proportions of the rest of the body, so we could figure out the scale of the PNSO model's armored head even if body proportions turn out to be inaccurate?

SidB

I just noticed, it's been well over week now since PNSO announced the release of a new figure. Could this deviation from their one release  a week schedule signal that they've reached a turning point in their 2021 program? Will we see more releases this year? (I'm probably reading too much into this brief hiatus, but ...).

Bread

S @SidB I noticed that too, but I am going to assume a release will be soon. Holidays coming up so I don't doubt PNSO want to release a large figure like what they did with Winter Wilson last christmas.

ALSO!!!! Aliexpress is having a sale and PNSO's official store is participating in the sale. Some figures having almost 20% off.

Definitely going to be getting a bulk order through them. I may purchase Sede the Ankylosaurus and see if I can get a better version than mine.

Faras

S @SidB Majority of their new figures were scheduled during sales and festivals, biggest sale of the year on 11th (11.11 sale started on 1st and they released Cretoxyrhina), so chance they'd release something new without announcement, e.g. Torvosaurus surprise during 6.18 sale

SidB

Quote from: Faras on November 09, 2021, 04:57:57 PM
S @SidB Majority of their new figures were scheduled during sales and festivals, biggest sale of the year on 11th (11.11 sale started on 1st and they released Cretoxyrhina), so chance they'd release something new without announcement, e.g. Torvosaurus surprise during 6.18 sale
Well then, that's interesting. So if the surprise route is the way to go for now (the rest of this year), then perhaps that's for  the best, as I won't be spoiled by any more of the constant parade of expected arrivals. Thanks for the enlightenment, avatar_Faras @Faras .

Faras

S @SidB Oops sorry, I meant surprise is special route for the most important days (6.18, 11.11) of two biggest sales, no announcement since late Oct so chance they are plotting something big :)

SidB

Remko

I received the Cretoxyrhina yesterday. Man, what a great figure. Sure, it has seams, but it's not really distracting.

I'm glad it isn't just another big great white shark, like we often see with Megalodon figures.
It's really properly sculpted based on fossil evidence.
For which conveniently we have a lot of! As there have been virtually complete and articulated skeletons of Cretoxyrhina found, due to calcification of the cartilagebones in that old cretaceous sea. So we actually have a pretty good idea of what it looks like, with the blunt snout, and huge thresher shark like eyes.

Compared to a great white shark figure it really shows the difference in bodyplan.

Schleich has the best available great whites btw, both a smaller and more slender male, and a larger more bulky female, both are about 1/32th to 1/35th scale, and size up nicely to the extinct shark.

Remko

Quote from: Bread on October 27, 2021, 03:03:57 AM
I just want a large, standing Quetzalcoatlus as there is yet to be a figure of it. Other than that, I don't mind any other pterosaurs..

There's a beautiful standing Quetzalcoatlus available from Shapeways:
1/40th: http://shpws.me/D6Yu
1/72nd: http://shpws.me/FvfA

Bread

Quote from: Remko on November 10, 2021, 01:42:23 PM
Quote from: Bread on October 27, 2021, 03:03:57 AM
I just want a large, standing Quetzalcoatlus as there is yet to be a figure of it. Other than that, I don't mind any other pterosaurs..

There's a beautiful standing Quetzalcoatlus available from Shapeways:
1/40th: http://shpws.me/D6Yu
1/72nd: http://shpws.me/FvfA
Ahhh yes, I have seen this one before. Thanks for the link.

My only concern when buying Shapeways is the possibility of a company producing the genus I am buying.

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

I am requesting PNSO from this site to start a prehistoric crocodile or crocodilomorph series apart from the oceanic creatures. I do think they will definitely do their best in casting the crocodilomorps. I am quite eager to see the Deinosuchus or Sarcosuchus on behalf of them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: