News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New For 2021

Started by Takama, December 02, 2020, 08:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

I'd love some of these, even though PNSO's Theropods are just eh to me. But, I really doubt these are teasers for new figures. These are nothing like any of the other teasers from the past few months. This is very similar to earlier last year when PNSO posted a ton of images to facebook and a bunch of people thought they were upcoming figures, and I'm pretty sure that was not the case for most of them. As D @Dinoguy2 said, they're an art company that also makes figures.

Carnoking

I won't say I know when this teaser is from, or if it came after the fact. All I know is it has a similar style to the renders frequently posted by PNSO, and if it was indeed a teaser it seems pretty telling.

Loon

All it tells me is that they sometimes release figures based on their art, not that every piece of Zhao Chuang art is going to end up as a figure.

ceratopsian

Indeed, I think that is exactly right.  You have only to look at what they publish on their Facebook page: they put up a good number of posters or pieces of artwork last year, but they mostly didn't presage figures - to name just a couple, Tatisaurus and Byronosaurus.  All we can say is that sometimes PNSO artwork is related to figures - and sometimes not.

Quote from: Loon on February 11, 2021, 11:18:52 PM
All it tells me is that they sometimes release figures based on their art, not that every piece of Zhao Chuang art is going to end up as a figure.

SRF

Well the (partial) skeletal drawings do remind me of other promo images of the Qianzhousaurus and the Caronotaurus. That for me makes it more likely that these will end up as figures than some other art we've recently have seen, like the Zuchengtyrannus for instance.

Also, about a year ago PNSO released paleoart featuring a Tyrannosaurus family (which the new Wilson resembles quite closely btw), the Yutyrannus, Torvosaurus and the Carcharodontosaurus shortly after one another. It wouldn't surprise me if after the T. Rex, these theropods will be made into figures in the near future as well.

I've just checked PNSO's instagram page, after these theropods came artwork of a Stegosaurus and a Pachycephalosaurus. Sounds familiar?  :D
But today, I'm just being father

KeU

Pachycephalosaurus poster.

Sim

I hope the Torvosaurus and Yutyrannus will be made into figures!

Shonisaurus

With the end of the Chinese New Year everything will be revealed. You only have to wait a few days. Hopefully some of the more obscure species named will materialize in new PNSO figures. My biggest wish is torvorsaurus, carnotaurus, thassodromeus sethi, and a helicoprion. We need repeat many more prehistoric fish as figures.

SenSx

Oh god I know those promo pics do not promsie a figure, but if that is anything close to what the Pachy will look like I can't wait.
Hope it would be in 1/35 or 1/20, not too big, definitely a small figure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quick note, looks like some figures on Amazon are shipping with Prime now, I ordered the Lambeosaurus and the baby Sinoceratops for example.

Halichoeres

Pertinent to the art/figure discussion, I have an entire book by them with full-page spreads of beautiful paintings of marine reptiles, more than 50 of them. Most feature skeletal diagrams. Four have been made into figures. I also have an entire book of pterosaurs by them, and again they've made very few as figures. I guess the odds are a little better with the theropods, but still, no guarantees.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SenSx

Hello,

I just recevied my PNSO Qianzhousaurus, and I was wondering where to place the plastic rod for its maximum effectiveness to make sure it does not fall ?
On what side is it more suceptible to wrap and fall (especially during hot season) ?
I put it on its right side, at the start of its body (it has its head turned on that side) because the rod seemed to me made for that, but I have the impression it has more risks to fall on the left side :/
Any idea ?
Sorry if it has alwready been asked.

Lynx

Quote from: SenSx on February 16, 2021, 02:59:43 PM
Hello,

I just recevied my PNSO Qianzhousaurus, and I was wondering where to place the plastic rod for its maximum effectiveness to make sure it does not fall ?
On what side is it more suceptible to wrap and fall (especially during hot season) ?
I put it on its right side, at the start of its body (it has its head turned on that side) because the rod seemed to me made for that, but I have the impression it has more risks to fall on the left side :/
Any idea ?
Sorry if it has alwready been asked.

I recommend using the rod regardless of if you have standing problems or not. The feet will eventually warp if left alone. I do not have the figure but I think you should probably keep the rod in the location it is meant to be.
An oversized house cat.

Subduction

Oh gosh, I really hope those teasers become figures, especially the Torvosaurus. For such an iconic Middle to Late Jurassic predator, there aren't too many figures of it, which is a shame.

It'd also be interesting if they decide to redo their Stegosaurus. As much as I love the 2018/2019 (?) version, the Miragaia and Tuojiangosaurus are better figures.

We'll see. This is another thread I'll be keeping a close eye on! :D

Stegotyranno420

S @Subduction those 2 are some of my favorite animals ever. They are like a dream team
Also, why does the carcahrodontosaurus have feathers, but the tyrannosaurus doesnt.

SRF

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 16, 2021, 05:14:37 PM
S @Subduction those 2 are some of my favorite animals ever. They are like a dream team
Also, why does the carcahrodontosaurus have feathers, but the tyrannosaurus doesnt.

The Tyrannosaurus in their artwork does have feathers. I'm guessing that if PNSO makes a figure of Carcharodontosaurus, it will be featherless as wel.
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 16, 2021, 05:14:37 PM
These images are just artwork. Even if we hear news of these genuses becoming actual figures, I doubt the figures will closely or exactly be based on these sort of images/artwork. For example, we got numerous artworks of their Tyrannosaurus with a feathery neck, but in the end we received an almost completely different rendition of Wilson compared to his artwork.

In the end, I doubt they will put feathers on their Carcharodontosaurus.

SidB

Yes, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 , probably two chances for feathers - slim and none.

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Bread @Bread good... i S @SidB i agree.
SPeaking of slimness, i really hope the allosaurus, torvosaurus, carcharodontosaurus, and possible stegosaurus arent slim but bulky and healthy looking like how large animals should be. Im tired of t rex being the only dinosaur that gets this treatment

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: